IGNORED

RANT!!!!! CALLAWAY FTI-Z Driver

Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, here is the story.........

SO i pull the trigger on getting new woods, driver and hybrid from Callaway.... i went with the FTiZ line, the woods are great, the hybrid is wonderful, but here is where it gets interesting. i get the clubs the 1st week in march, (about 5 days before callaways release date) i fly out to California and play about 6 round, then i notice a rattling in the driver,ANYWAY i headed to vegas, played about 4 rounds in vegas with a driver sounding like a baby rattle. On my way back to the hotel i stop at the Callaway center to show them the driver. immediately they say that the epoxy came loose and the weight in the back is rattling around so they will swap out the driver for a new one.... NO PROBLEM, except, i'm a lefty stiff 10 degree, and none were in stock..... OK Fine, as soon as i get back to NY i have an advance replacement waiting for me. that was last Wednesday the 24th. then i play about then i play another 7 rounds (7th round being yesterday in the Hampton) (FYI i'm Off from work for a month) i tee it up on the one of the last wholes and hit my drive, i heard a very hollow knock and the ball flew 100 yard, mind you, my carry is about 260, fine, i chalked it up to an errant drive, being that i just went from a weak to a strong grip a few rounds ago. then the same thing happens the rest of the round WTF. So i go and play this morning, and my drives are off and not sounding right! i thought it was my contact. then i tee it up on the 9th hit an errant drive and get frustrated, i tee'd up another one to go back to a weak grip, i hit the ball and the head goes flying off. the face stayed on and now it looks like a hockey stick WTF, my father goes and retrieves the head, and on top of the head flying off, i got to see how they glued that weight in the head. WHAT A JOKE! it looks like my 2 year old son just poured gluing to the back of the head. it was messy and not even. i would have expected it to be cleanly done! Now what do i do! i want my money back, and i think i'm going back to my R9............. What a shame!

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10.5 UST Shaft
3 woods:R11   - 3 & 4 Hybrids: FTi-Z
5i-pw: Diablo Edge SW, GW & LW: CG16  

Putter: Scotty C  -  GPS: Bushnell  -  Balls: PRO-V1

Callaway has always been pretty good on making good when it comes to problems with their equipment. You could always give it one more chance maybe they will hook you up. Haven't found similar issues on the web, maybe it is just a freak occurrence. Hard to say bro, hell maybe they will give you your money back and a new club...... Stranger things have happened....
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Give Callaway a call. They will take care of you. Sounds like you just got a bad sample of these. Maybe they'll swap out your IZ for another model?

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

they are sending an advance replacement, i let my golf store handle the last problem, so they are also handling this one. The owner told me to give them one more shot,if it happens for a 3rd time then we will look into other options. But the Driver hasn't been out for even a month yet, so i am feeling some underlying problems that Callaway might not know, or be aware of. Remember, the 1st driver had 7 rounds on it in about the 1st 10 days i had it, this last one, about the same. its hard to think a driver thats been out for a half a month, the average golfer usually wouldn't put that much golf into either of the clubs so quickly...... so time will tell and we will see if more problems pop up. hopefully not!

In My Bag:

• 4 weeks later...
I purchased the Callaway Diablo back in April. I used it at my clubs driving range and I heard the same rattling sound. My club sent it back to Callaway and its been 3 weeks and I still don't have a driver. I asked the guy at my club what was going on, and he said it will be in this week and that they were going to send me the newer Diablo Edge model. Well last Saturday Callaway was at my club for a demo day and I used their FTiZ model and liked it. I asked if we could swap the Edge for the FTiZ since Callaway hadn't shipped it yet and they agreed if I would pay the difference ($100.00) so I said sure. I hope to have the club this week.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

• 5 months later...
Sorry to bump an old thread, I just wanted to share my story of the same issue I'm having with my FT-iZ tour 9.5* lefty. I got the club a month ago, and on the second trip to the range the head actually split along the head seam line along with the epoxy bouncing around inside. It was sent back through Golf Galaxy to Callaway and two weeks later I get a brand new driver. So last week i went to the range and everything was ok. Went and played yesterday and while hitting some warm-up balls before teeing off the epoxy comes loose in the head again. So to make a long story short, the golf store had another they swapped me out last night. So now I'm on my 3rd club in the last two months and am planning to get to the range tonight and playing later in the week. Hopefully this one works out, 3rd times a charm!

Driver: TM R11 9* S
3 Wood: Orlimar
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 56.13, 60.08
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C-03

i went threw 6 Fti-z Drivers in 6 months, i finally gave up and went back to TaylorMade. although my woods and hybrids are great and are all Fti-Z models......... i hope you have better luck......

In My Bag:

Sorry to bump an old thread, I just wanted to share my story of the same issue I'm having with my FT-iZ tour 9.5* lefty. I got the club a month ago, and on the second trip to the range the head actually split along the head seam line along with the epoxy bouncing around inside. It was sent back through Golf Galaxy to Callaway and two weeks later I get a brand new driver. So last week i went to the range and everything was ok. Went and played yesterday and while hitting some warm-up balls before teeing off the epoxy comes loose in the head again. So to make a long story short, the golf store had another they swapped me out last night. So now I'm on my 3rd club in the last two months and am planning to get to the range tonight and playing later in the week. Hopefully this one works out, 3rd times a charm!

Note to self: Don't buy used Callaway drivers.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

It sounds like a horror story. Something to keep in the back of your noggin' when looking for new clubs.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Hello, new member here. Just surfing the forum and found this thread. I recently purchased a new FT-IZ 10* regular flex about 3 weeks ago. I'm very impressed with the driver. Driving it about 250. With my Taylormade Burner I was only hitting about 230-235. Hitting it straighter as well. Maybe Callaway corrected the problem? But I've been very happy with the drivers so far. Just my take.

Callaway 3.5 Stand Bag Taylormade Burner 10.5 Driver Callaway Razr X 21* Hybrid Callaway Razr Forged Irons 4-9 Titleist Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 Odyssey White Hot XG #1 putter

i went threw 6 Fti-z Drivers in 6 months, i finally gave up and went back to TaylorMade. although my woods and hybrids are great and are all Fti-Z models......... i hope you have better luck......

Dabbac,

I have owned just about every Callaway driver made starting from the FT-3 to the current line-up EXCEPT the ft-iz. needless to say, i play the taylormade r9 and love it. the flexibility in the on the go face angle technology just is too hard to beat. and i am quite fond of the sound of the r9 off the tee.

SLDR 8.5°, Fujikura Speeder 6.2 VC X SLDR 15°, Black Tie 8M3 X SLDR 17°, Black Tie HM3 95X Tour Preferred MC 4 - PW (DG Pro X100) Tour Preferred 52, 56, 50 (DG Pro X100) Daytona 62 Lethal

No complaints with My FT-iZ, LONG, and very east work the ball. love it. also Callaway has always been really good at rectifying any issues i have had.....

Keep it where the mowers go!

Hmmmm...both issues were leftys...Phil is a lefty...Phil plays Callaways...naw too much of a conspiracy theory. Note to self...Stay a righty.

Seriously sounds like the guy on the lefty line at Callaway must have had a bad day. Glad to see that have a decent customer service department. Now they just need some quality control on the left handed FTIZs.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Apparently you are next on the list :)

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I don't have a FT-iZ, but I have never had an issue with my FT-9 or any of the other clubs I have had. I am just curious if the people having the issues slam the club on the ground after an errant tee shot?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!