IGNORED

First hybrid

golfaddiction
Note: This thread is 5124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got my new Cobra Baffler TWS 18 degree 2H in the mail yesterday and immediately put it in my bag for today's round. I never had a hybrid. Without any practice, my first shot with it was at the 4th tee, and it went perfectly straight and about 220 yards. I used it off the tee 3 more times, and each time it went perfectly straight and 220 yards. I have to say I am quite pleased with my purchase. It fills the gap between my 5w and my 3w just as I hoped it would, and so far I'm 4/4 hitting fairways!

This is my first year using hybrids, I have an Adams 3 & 4 hybrid and I love them.

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

I LOVED my Nike CPR hybrids when I first got them 4+ years ago. I had the same experience as you... only, on the range instead of the course. I was cranking them (18 degree would fly about 210 and 21 degree would fly about 200). They replaced my 3 and 4 irons.

Like I said... the was over 4 years ago. Today... I can't figure out WHAT the hell I'm doing wrong with them. If I get LUCKY... the shot goes where I want it to... typically ONLY out of the rough. Off a range mat or out of the fairway... it's a huge pull every time. I'm positive it's a confidence issue... but it kills me to know that if I'm between 185 and 220... I either have to hit a 5 iron and hope it skips up... or choke down and hit a soft 3 wood. I'm petrified to hit the hybrids right now. They cost me at least 3 strokes yesterday afternoon.

Glad you like your clubs. Gonna look in to the Baffler.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also play with an Adams 20deg hybrid and it is my savior...For the life in me I have no confidence in a wood of the deck so I just pull out my hybrid...yes I do lose distance compared to a wood but my hybrid is for the most part straight and long... ~190yds...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

i as well love my 4 hybrid.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I have liked my hybrid too, but if I do miss with it, it's to the left with a draw when I'm trying to hit it strait or fade.

i had 5,4, and 3 hybrids. One day I couldnt hit them anymore. I recently bought a new iron set and ditched the hybrids and glad I did. I still have the 3 hybrid in my bag for certain shots.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

I LOVED my Nike CPR hybrids when I first got them 4+ years ago. I had the same experience as you... only, on the range instead of the course. I was cranking them (18 degree would fly about 210 and 21 degree would fly about 200). They replaced my 3 and 4 irons.

I ya want to sell the the Nike cpr's give me a pm. They are golden for me. As a true golf club ho I'm going to check out the bafflers too.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I actually really dont like my hybrid. I think I bought it with the wrong shaft. I might try out a stiff flex and see where it goes.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I absolutely love my 20* cobra baffler tws hybrid. It's so easy to control and goes so long. I hit two clutch shots last week one to 5ft for eagle and one to 2ft for birdie to seal my first under par round.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

I use 3-6 and love them

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I love my hybrids as well, a 19*, a 23*, and a 29*. Long and straight (mostly!), from the tee, from the mat or grass. I love the way they feel in my hands, the sound and feel of solid impact, the way they look standing over them.

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

new Cobra Baffler TWS 18 degree 2H . . . so far I'm 4/4 hitting fairways!

I picked up a 19.5 degree Fybrid last summer and fell in love with it right away, well almost. I took it to the range, and after hitting a few good 2-irons, I hit the Fybrid. I hit a 90* snap hook, followed by a banana slice, and then as if I'd exorcised some sort of demon, I hit about 20 perfectly straight shots that went about the same as my best 2-iron shot. The stock R shaft is a bit too whippy for me, but I'll hang onto it and play it when I get old(er)

I also picked up a used Nickent 2H with stiff shaft a couple weeks ago. At my first range session I was not a fan. I hit it again a couple days later and liked it. Yesterday at the range I was visualizing a certain tight par 4 on my favourite course - picking a target to start the ball at and another target where I wanted the ball to end up (very slight draw) - money in the bank. I'll probably put this in the bag after a couple more range sessions, in case that was a very brief honeymoon period. sean_miller Long time 2-iron advocate Recent 2h convert

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Hybrids rock. I replaced both my 5w and my 3i with a 2 hybrid, Titleist 585h 19˚. Choke up and swing easy and it goes 200 and replaces the 3i. Full grip and swing full and it goes 210-230, depending on my swing that day, the lie, and conditions. More consistent than either the 5w or the 3i for me.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 5124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!