IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I guess I wanted to add on to this. In a lot of instances when I took the club up to the top. It felt like there was no way I could do anything but do what I did in the videos. Meaning, even if I felt like I was going more forward it was like my body didn't want to with how I felt at A4

A lot of those swings were, get to A4. There was just no feeling like I could do what I wanted. 

I'm not sure if that was with the club being across the line, and not as stood upright? Would that position make it hard to feel like you want to drive forward because the CG of the club isn't in a good spot. If the CG was more in a laid off position would that make it feel like I can turn it around my body more?

The way I am thinking it as. If the club goes across like that. It has to reroute and go steep. If it goes steep you really can't get forward or you would just be so far leftward with the path.

Yes to all that, but at the same time, it's better today than it was a few days ago.

And… consider that your right side driving forward "pushes" your left butt cheek against that wall. See if that "feel thought" helps you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

And… consider that your right side driving forward "pushes" your left butt cheek against that wall. See if that "feel thought" helps you.

That might be a good image to really work on since I am struggling with the "toosh on the wall" position. 

I was trying a bit more just focusing on softening the right elbow and letting the right arm lift the club up sooner, rather than focusing on hinging the wrists. I found doing this it wants to tip the club over flatter more automatically. The club feels like it wants to fall to the left versus crossing over to the right when I do this more.

That movement looks a tad extreme in that it doesn't look like much hand depth.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

@saevel25, don't do that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

51 minutes ago, iacas said:

@saevel25, don't do that.

Gotcha 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

This feel I think will work for me. At the top of the backswing feel like the first move is sitting down into that lead leg. Let it maintain its flex and feel a bit more pressure under that lead foot. Then drive the right side through. I think this move serves two purposes. First, it allows my lead hip to gain depth around my spin more so I can then drive the right side forward without losing that toosh on the wall position. Also, it gets my weight forward more efficiently in transition, rather than gaining that slide through stalled turn rates in the downswing. 

I think I was missing this part in the motion. A true good hip slide. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

DTL

Could drag the hands more inward from A1 to A2, whiling hinging.
More upright at A3
Shorten swing to about A3.5
Head and butt come off the wall going into impact

DTL Practice

Working on getting the hips open sooner and getting the hands out towards the ball more. 

DTL Shorter Backswing

Same with first video though it's just a shorter swing. I kinda like the hips already starting forward as the club stays still at A3.5. Just got to keep kranking the turn rates up on the downswing. 

DLT one of the last few swings

Backswing is better than it was a few months ago. I am getting the hips more open at impact. The path is just diving leftward a ton on me. I am struggling to throw that club out rightward in conjunction with the body rotating through better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I hate struggling with swing length. It's so difficult to get consistent on the course. I have no idea where these shanks were coming from today! A lot of heel cut drives as well. 

On a bright side, putting was pretty solid. 

Back to the grindstone. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

On 3/21/2016 at 7:24 PM, saevel25 said:

Backswing is better than it was a few months ago. I am getting the hips more open at impact. The path is just diving leftward a ton on me.

The swing looks very good - especially when you kept it a bit shorter (that must have felt like you stopped at A2!)

I don't see any caddie views recently. For me, when I work on shortening the swing, I tend to automatically speed up the body which inevitably pulls my head a bit. This leads me to go left. Maybe you're head is sneaking forward?

13 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I don't see any caddie views recently. For me, when I work on shortening the swing, I tend to automatically speed up the body which inevitably pulls my head a bit. This leads me to go left. Maybe you're head is sneaking forward?

Doesn't typically happen for me. I have more of a head tips away from the target in my history. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

18 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Doesn't typically happen for me. I have more of a head tips away from the target in my history. 

Got it. Never mind then ;)

DTL

Today was a massive effort to keep the swing shorter. I did a lot of 60-70% backswing tempo trying to stop at A3 or just shy of A3

A2 - Left arm is too out. Hands not in enough
A3 - Club isn't in a too bad of spot 
A4 - Actually halfway decent. 
A6 - Hips could be more open. 
A7 - Same with A6

DTL - Shorter and much slower backswing

A2 - Club more outside the hands, slightly less arm space between the torso
A3 - Club more upright
A4 - I like the shorter position
A5 - Club is not as steep as it was at A3, YAY!
A5-A7 - KEEP UP THE TURN RATES!!!! 
A7 - I like this position a lot. 

DTL - Practice

DTL - End of Session

A2 - I like this position a lot. Less space between  by torso and arm. Club is slightly outside the hands. 
A3 - I could have hinged the club a tad sooner to set the club up vertical more. 
A4 - I like that position a lot at the top. 
A5 - Club is actually on the same angle as it was at A3
A7 - I like a lot

Again I need to keep cranking the turn rates up. I feel like I am but i can do more. 

Couple of feels for that last swing. 
A1-A2: Feel like I maintain connection with my upper arms to my chest more. Let the hips open up a tad sooner (better backswing turn rate). Make a 70% slower backswing tempo to help control the club path better. 
A2-A3: Hinge the club to raise it up and soften the right arm
A3: Stop the backswing length here feel if my backswing is on the 70% slower tempo pace. If at a higher pace stop backswing length at A2.5 ish. Feel the club more vertical with a slight pause. Drive crank those turn rates. Drive the right hip and right elbow out towards the ball. Need to feel like my right keeps turning over my left foot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

This is something that can improve all of our golf misses and it only requires a basketball! If your a right handed golfer and feel like your on your heels and your pulling the ball it's often caused by a mismatched body and over practice. I assume your were once where you wanted to be in your game and it has now left you right? Forget golf mechanics and dribble a basketball left handed and right handed everyday and get good it. It's a lateral motion that will train your foot work and agility beyond millions of golf shots give it a try!

I do this when I get off and when I go to the range for some reason i'm on fire with my shot control and the pureness of my strikes. You may think what does this have to do with the price of beans and well better leave it to bio mechanics and the lateral motion of doing this.

crossover-dribble.jpg

On 3/22/2016 at 4:57 PM, saevel25 said:

I hate struggling with swing length. It's so difficult to get consistent on the course. I have no idea where these shanks were coming from today! A lot of heel cut drives as well. 

On a bright side, putting was pretty solid. 

Back to the grindstone. 

From the most recent videos the top of your back swing looks droopy a bit like it reached the apex then you continued on with to loose of a grip and a non leveraged swing. I can see that your concerned with getting the weight forward and clearing of the hips ironically this is where shanks come from when mis timed I don't think your doing any of the steps you have practiced in correctly just mis timed. Think of the bottom of the swing as a line----------- When you have a standard ball placement as center and slide the hips forward to early in combination of a droopy backwing it could cause a shank whereas more forward gives you the spacing needed for forgiveness and mistiming and let's face mistiming occurs 5 out 10 times.. Try moving the ball up 3 inches then tighten your grip pressure to make a more extended backswing not a shorter one. See the triangle is to non evident in your swing make it more like Adam here to the best of your physical ability.

adam_scott_swing_sequence_5.jpg

4 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

If your a right handed golfer and feel like your on your heels and your pulling the ball it's often caused by a mismatched body and over practice. 

I am right handed.

I do not feel like I am on my heels. 

I assume your were once where you wanted to be in your game and it has now left you right?

Nope

Forget golf mechanics and dribble a basketball left handed and right handed everyday and get good it. It's a lateral motion that will train your foot work and agility beyond millions of golf shots give it a try!

Nope

3 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

From the most recent videos the top of your back swing looks droopy a bit like it reached the apex then you continued on with to loose of a grip and a non leveraged swing.

Nope

I can see that your concerned with getting the weight forward 

Nope

ironically this is where shanks come from when mis timed I don't think your doing any of the steps you have practiced in correctly just mis timed. 

Nope, I am not doing what I want to enough. It's not mistimed. 

Try moving the ball up 3 inches then tighten your grip pressure to make a more extended backswing not a shorter one.

Nope. If i did that then I would be playing irons near the outside of my front foot. My ball position is not in the center of my stance. 

My grip pressure is fine. 

I ask you to stop posting in my swing thread. There is not one good idea or concept coming from your head. I am working with one of the best golf instructors out there. So don't take a personally when I say I will not be considering anything you say. So stop wasting your time posting here. 

• Upvote 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

15 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I ask you to stop posting in my swing thread. There is not one good idea or concept coming from your head. I am working with one of the best golf instructors out there. So don't take a personally when I say I will not be considering anything you say. So stop wasting your time posting here. 

Ok whatever brotha just offering my honest opinion and trying to offer some solid advice from a different perspective. That's what this forum is about. If you wanna be a social outcast and insult me that's your right.

8 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

That's what this forum is about. If you wanna be a social outcast and insult me that's your right.

If you want to go post your ideas in the general instruction thread then so be it. Go create a thread about that basketball thing you wanted me to try. This forum is always open to discuss new golf ideas. It would be interesting to see you actually try to back up that tip with something coherent. 

The My Swing threads are for members to keep a log of their swing and in some cases get periodical tips from a few instructors on this forum and from people who know a lot of about the golf swing who might not be instructors. In the end it is up to the creator of the My Swing thread to dictate the direction of their thread. For me my thread is for me to have a way to track my progress. It also allows me to get some periodic review from my instructor if things are not going the way they need to. I am always open to answering questions if someone has a similar issue that I have been working on.

I am also free to dismiss ideas that I find would not work for me. As I did with your two posts. If you are not willing to accept that, and by your snippy response get emotional over it, you might want to cut back on giving out advice if you are not willing to accept the rejection. That is the what happens when you give out advice. Not everyone is going to accept it or in some cases might outright challenge it.  

So say what you will because I honestly don't give a damn what your opinion is of me.  

• Upvote 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 minute ago, Mike Boatright said:

Well in my swing thread i'm open to all advice even if it's stupid I simply won't comment on it or say thank you sir it's called class.

Ok, I was harsh. I'll apologize for that. I still don't want to get into a discussion on how basketball can help hand eye coordination and if that even has any beneficial aspect to the golf swing. If you want to discuss that then create your own thread on the subject. That isn't something I want My Swing thread dedicated to. I hope you can appreciate My Swing thread is about my swing, not general golf swing theory. 

If you happen to post more comments in my thread I will give review them. You also have to realize that I have the right to dismiss them as well. That is my right to do so when presented with an opinion. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Ok, I was harsh. I'll apologize for that. I still don't want to get into a discussion on how basketball can help hand eye coordination and if that even has any beneficial aspect to the golf swing. If you want to discuss that then create your own thread on the subject. That isn't something I want My Swing thread dedicated to. I hope you can appreciate My Swing thread is about my swing, not general golf swing theory. 

If you happen to post more comments in my thread I will give review them. You also have to realize that I have the right to dismiss them as well. That is my right to do so when presented with an opinion. 

Yeah ok no problem apology accepted man. I did however offer some advice directly to your swing I saw that it was a little droopy at the top of your swing and needs more extension at the top. I tried to help your shammies ''aka shanks'' to the right. The ball placement thing will work if your place your irons in the center of your stance.