IGNORED

Lee Westwood is my new hero

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whats with the comparison to tiger? In case you didnt notice, Lee beat tiger. Lee played like a winner, he deserved to win, but so did Phil.

yeah, lee did beat tiger, but only by a few strokes. lest we forget, tiger had two eagles and four birdies in the last round. he also had five bogeys, which is why he lost. but my point is, the only other player on tour who could match that is phil. i was making the point that when either tiger or phil is on, no other players come close to them. this was also tiger's first tournament of the season, and he came in 4th at the master's. that's why i put tiger in the comparison.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a class act. I loved his interview and his attitude. The question was pretty stupid but he gave a great answer. His swing, a little goofy but he hits the ball pretty darn well. He will win a major IMO.

Did you see that putt on 2. That was the worst break in the history of golf. Everything didn't go phils way. He battled and won. Those up and ins on 10 and 11 weren't easy.

Brian

Westwood played a solid 4 days of golf. He just ran into a freight train called "Mickelson on a hot streak." I would have been happy to see him, Choi, or Kim win, along with lefty. One thing about Westwood...dude looks like Wojohowitz.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator
Did you see that putt on 2. That was the worst break in the history of golf. Everything didn't go phils way. He battled and won. Those up and ins on 10 and 11 weren't easy.

We said in the live chat that it wasn't going in regardless.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Westwood played a solid 4 days of golf. He just ran into a freight train called "Mickelson on a hot streak." I would have been happy to see him, Choi, or Kim win, along with lefty.

Ditto, or at least Him, Choi or Phil. Westwood's mental game has to be getting stronger, after being close in the British and seemingly closer here, until Phil caught fire. I hope he gets a major one of these days.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

I love Westwood. He's a class act, and a great golfer. Plus, he's English like me!

I think a major will be his in due time, the only question is when? Hopefully it'll be soon. Would love to see him win the British Open at St. Andrews, since I assume that one would mean the most to him.

Ben

I love Westwood. He's a class act, and a great golfer. Plus, he's English like me!

Plus he plays

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I switched over when i saw Lee had lost the lead and Phil was running away with it,i really wanted Lee to get his major,maybe next time...

I turned the Masters off when Phil stepped on the 18th green and went to empty trash around the house. I would have been rivited if Lee were going to win. I would have hung on every word of the interview/press conference; but Phil... yawn. Lee ois very intriguing, he has shown some amazing drive to have the history that he has.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Westwood is well mannered. A few years ago, I was having dinner at Tbonz in Augusta(Masters week) and took a potty break. As I headed to the restroom, out pops Lee Westwood who waited for me to enter by holding the door open. And I was several feet from the door, but there he was smiling as I headed towards the door. Of course it could have been because my eyes looked big and he assumed I needed to go pretty bad.

But he did seem like a nice guy. And he was there with his Euro buddies, Darren Clarke and Thomas Bjorn.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Plus he plays

Yeah Baby :)

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

• 1 month later...
so, after trying everything he could to come in second or third place today, lee westwood finally wins his second american event. don't get me wrong, i really like lee and wish him the best, but you've gotta admit he's got a certain knack for losing tournaments in the last nine holes after a multi-day lead.

one of the most bizarre endings to a tournament ive ever seen

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Administrator
one of the most bizarre endings to a tournament ive ever seen

Yep. But I don't feel bad for Robert - he could have done something differently about four different times and still won. Or at least twice - hit a 5-iron off the tee. Hit two sand wedges after his tee shot went in the water. Not hit 3W off the tee in the playoff... not pulled his shot so far left on the tee or his third shot on the 72nd hole.

Tough lesson to learn but I hope for his sake he learned it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep. But I don't feel bad for Robert - he could have done something differently about four different times and still won. Or at least twice - hit a 5-iron off the tee. Hit two sand wedges after his tee shot went in the water. Not hit 3W off the tee in the playoff... not pulled his shot so far left on the tee or his third shot on the 72nd hole.

ye definitely, he could have gone wedge-wedge-wedge and then three putted and would have won but i guess things go blurry when you have a huge chance to get your first win

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

The tee shot into the water was bad but the chunked & hooded second shot was just horrific. I can't remember the last time I saw a tour pro hit a shot that bad, that was one ugly shot.

It was brutal to watch the guy come apart like that but with a 3 shot lead on the last hole that's really in inexcusable series of bad decisions and a colossal meltdown.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

hope he takes his second place money and drops 5 grand on getting braces and his teeth fixed...god he looked like a hillbilly or at worst a Brit.

hope he takes his second place money and drops 5 grand on getting braces and his teeth fixed...god he looked like a hillbilly or at worst a Brit.

We just have a poor dental care service. But hey, healthcare is free here! So while you guys spend and spend on healthcare, we don't pay a thing!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Hey guys, that was a crazy finish. I just got back from Southwind and baking in the sun all day. We were just walking back from the 18th green in the direction of 18 tee box toward our car after seeing Westwood and Slocum finish and thinking it was over, we wanted to beat traffic. We were halfway around the fairway when we saw Garrigus hit into the trees. We didnt know, at the time, he already hit his drive in the water so we stopped and watched him triple out for the tie.

Ofcourse, we stayed and watched the 4 playoff holes. I couldn't believe how both Westwood and Karlsson missed those 3 and 4 footers on 12.

This was my first tournament to attend and I loved it, especially since the guy I was rooting for won.

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!