IGNORED

How you started golf

moshdirtjumpr
Note: This thread is 5129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought some clubs 5 or 6 years ago on a whim and played a few times, kind of liked the game. Played with some friends 3 years ago and realized how the game should be played, so I got some lessons, some better clubs and have been hooked ever since. I can't stop thinking about the game all the time. Fortunately I have a wife who seems to be very understanding of my obsession :)

I played occasional rounds with my dad and uncle at bethpage state park when i was a kid. But I didnt seriously take to playing the game well until about 5 years ago. I was out of college and with no more baseball to play, i needed something to fill the competitive void i had going on. So now i play golf and practice to basically compete on higer levels.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

playing tiger woods 09 on xbox lol.. true story.

This, except mine was on the Wii.

Oh and watching last year's Masters Championship (I've only been playing one year, played 5 rounds last year, one 9 hole-round so far this year) Seriously, I'm so good on Tiger Woods '09, I feel that should somehow translate to lower scores on the course! But of course it doesn't : {

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

funny story
was bored one summer and all my friends golfed
said what the heck???

tried it out and picked it up quick
that year I won the 14 and under club championship and shot 84 to win....by 10 strokes
also used a 6pc set (3,5,7,9,Putter, Driver) - couldnt afford balls, so i would hunt down balls in the bush before a round

been paying since......

now i practice to compete at higher levels.......always been competitve, this helps fill that need
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 5129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!