IGNORED

Is your course burnt up right now?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We have been getting weather over 100 degrees and the fairways down here in Texas are burnt up. Greens are OK but everything else is a yellow color. We need rain in the worse way! Somebody needs to do a rain dance! I envy you guys that get to play on lush fairways where the ball sits up nicely.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

San Antonio area courses are in the same perdicament. At River Crossing they have instituted a cart path only rule mon-thur to reduce stress on the grass. The Guadelupe River is so low that they can't pump from it anymore and the wells don't provide enough to keep everything as green as they like.

We sure could use some rain. Good news is thunderstorm season is just around the corner.

In The Bag:
R7 425 10.5 Fujikara ReAx stiff
3,5 Wood Aldila NV 75s
Rescue Dual 16 deg 3i hyb
R7 XD steel/stiff 52deg and 56deg TP White Hot XG 2 ballHome Course: River Crossing

We have had a combination of high heat and much more rain than usual. A lot of the courses are having fungus problems. Blue grass and bent are the predominant grasses here and they don't do well in the high heat, high moisture combination it seems.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

We have had a combination of high heat and much more rain than usual. A lot of the courses are having fungus problems. Blue grass and bent are the predominant grasses here and they don't do well in the high heat, high moisture combination it seems.

Same problem here. Especially in my back yard.

The courses have some brown spot (fungus) in the fairway. The greens have been pretty nice though. We have been a bit dry in the past couple weeks so things have gotten a bit better.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Lake View (my course) has really seen the stress in high-traffic areas. There are places greenside now where you will find a spot of grass in the middle of a bunch of dirt. Far enough off the fairway you'll find similar spots. It's very tough to play from anywhere but the fairways and greens right now. Even tougher than our normal rough (which is quite thick and tough).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have suffered through a pretty severe drought all summer, but about a week ago, it broke and we have gotten about 7 inches of rain since then. Fortunately, they did a really nice job of keeping the course in condition. Our fairways look great and they raised the mowers on the greens about a 32nd, so they have ridden over the summer much better than usual. They have putted a little slower, but the dryness helped keep them a little speedy. Now we are going into the fall with the course in the best shape I can remember it.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Nope - winter here, so our course is pretty green..!!!!

Having said that, Muriwai is a seaside links on sandbased fairways so we have probably the only brown spots on a course in New Zealand right now - but the course is playing great..!!!
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Most of he Long Island courses have been core aerated and top dressed which is a bit early but it paid off as all courses are in perfect shape.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

luckily my course installed an irrigation system a couple of years ago but it is still very hard....all the other grass around town is turning brown.

i know up in northern va its bad too. i went to a soccer tourney last weekend and it was the funniest thing. there was place with 4 soccer fields and all the grass around in the whole area was brown except the soccer fields, which were nice and green. but go two feet off the field and it was brown and dry as anything.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

Our greens and fairways are in awsome shape. There are fans on every hole which I think helps the fungus, and they do some slit airation when they think they need to, 2 full airations per year. It has been hot but we have had some rain. I ran into the head keeper the other day and thanked him for the good work.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

There is always a lot of griping and knashing of teeth at every course where I was ever a member about the fairways, greens, rough, tee boxes, water dispensers, ad infinitum. Everyone thinks he is a qualified greenskeeper and generally qualified agronomist... I suspect that if any one of these quasi-professionals had to actually take care of a couple hundred acres of varying grasslands for even a month, let alone years, that they could do it successfully. I doubt they would even try for the pay these guys get.

I am not associated with any of the golf course trades, I am merely a consumer of their services, but I think they deserve a lot of praise for keeping our courses as well as they do through some trying conditions.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!