IGNORED

Driving Distance

jmr
Note: This thread is 3145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is this "claim" crap? I saw a number on a screen. I posted it. Call that golf shop and tell them their machine is jacked up for all I care.

My bad you are not claiming to have a made a 100% perfect swing, you are stating that you did. You are stating because of a number on a screen that you believe you made the perfect swing of a driver with no defiency of even a mm off here or a nano second off there. Fantastic

My bad you are not claiming to have a better smash factor then tour pro's, you are stating it. May I suggest you join the pga tour then. If you don't want to golf for a living just win 3 or 4 tournaments and then go back to whatever you do now. That is why people are saying "claim" because what you are stating isn't believeable, and I am sorry that you are gullible enough to believe that you have the PERFECT(without any flaw) swing edit: Just to note, I don't care about your claim of driving the ball 280 yards. I care about your claim that you had a smash factor of 1.50. If you truly believe you made the theoretically perfect swing then I guess more power to you

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Early on in this thread I posted that I was averaging 211 yards in the faiway, with a long of 247. I don't measure shots that don't hit the fairway because if they are not in the fairway I screwed up.

hahaha I had to laugh at this....good one! but anyways...

Guys seriously?? Where's the "internet fight" picture when you need it....

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Don't underestimate the effect of a good tailwind, elevated tees, or playing at altitude.

Indian Valley GC, 9th hole, 365 from blue tees to center of green, flag in the back. Straight, elevated tees, healthy tailwind...here's the result of the drive.

Probably got a good bounce, too.

Just a note on shaft flex and distance. A stiffer shaft doesn't mean it will help you hit the ball further, exactly. The optimal stiffness matches your swing acceleration so that it unloads at impact. If you swing faster than the shaft you can still get it to unload at impact, but it's very very difficult to time it because the shaft will be super whippy. That said, when you do catch it just right, even a regular shaft can whack out a 300 yard drive.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

no, please close for as long as this site remains online lol

Leave it open for eternity - then people wanting to steer clear of this battle of wits know which thread to avoid.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Just a note on shaft flex and distance. A stiffer shaft doesn't mean it will help you hit the ball further, exactly. The optimal stiffness matches your swing acceleration so that it unloads at impact. If you swing faster than the shaft you can still get it to unload at impact, but it's very very difficult to time it because the shaft will be super whippy. That said, when you do catch it just right, even a regular shaft can whack out a 300 yard drive.

Yeah, my distance didn't increase when I changed to a stiff shaft, I just got alot more accurate. The LM said my deviation L or R using a regular shaft 5-wood was 15 yards or so. When I tested the stiff, it was down to 5 yards or so. I need to get my driver re-shafted as well.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

Didn't Monty use a ladies flex for years?

Remember when he didn't use a tee - he take his iron, make a swipe at the ground then play the ball off the dug up turf. No wait, that was Laura Davies.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah, my distance didn't increase when I changed to a stiff shaft, I just got alot more accurate. The LM said my deviation L or R using a regular shaft 5-wood was 15 yards or so. When I tested the stiff, it was down to 5 yards or so. I need to get my driver re-shafted as well.

Yet more absolute craziness. 5 yards? That's better than the best ballstrikers on the planet even hope for! Are you ••••ing kidding? Most tour pros can't even control a 7 iron to within 5 yards. They hit something like 65% of the fairways, and those are 40 yards wide!

You're just digging, and digging, and digging, aren't you?
Didn't Monty use a ladies flex for years?

Honestly? Um, no. Ladies' model head, but not flex.

Yet more absolute craziness. 5 yards? That's better than the best ballstrikers on the planet even hope for! Are you ••••ing kidding? Most tour pros can't even control a 7 iron to within 5 yards. They hit something like 65% of the fairways, and those are 40 yards wide!

lol, shanks you beat me to the mark.

wow vance you really should join the PGA Tour, you hit the ball as far as the pro's and are more accurate than them too....

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I did make an argument earlier in this thread a few weeks ago that my brother, a 15+ h'capper could drive the ball 300.

Well, I digress.
This weekend, I was down in Portland golfing with my dad and my brother and my dad had a brand new range finder with him. Well, let's just say my brother's drives were no where near 300. What I thought was 300 was in actuality roughly 230-240. I hadn't golfed with him in over 6 years so who knows, maybe his distance shrank but at 15+ h'cap, he has one fast hell of a swing.

Now me on the otherhand, i was surprised to find that my drives were actually farther than I had originally thought. I just assumed my drives were going roughly 240 or so but after this weekend, I was hitting 260-270 with bounce. I was never the one to calculate numbers but I was recently fitted for a new shaft and here is the outcome.

According to the computers:
SS at 113-118 mph, smash factor at 1.38-1.41, ballspeed 150-160 with 2500-2700 backspin, launch angle 11-12*. According to these numbers, my distance is fairly accurate to what the range finder revealed. So I don't know how skewed the numbers at the launch monitors are...
Ideal distance shows 305 but I'm hitting 260-270.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to side with Shanks on this one despite my differences with him earlier on in this thread. The numbers don't lie.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Just tried my new 5-wood out on the course, was definately hitting it straighter although it wasn't within 5 yards. More or less I was just hitting the fairway with (almost) every shot.

JB: Thanks man, maybe one day I'll get there.

In My Bag:

5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

Just tried my new 5-wood out on the course, was definately hitting it straighter although it wasn't within 5 yards. More or less I was just hitting the fairway with (almost) every shot.

Honest question - do you have access to a laser rangfinder?

No. How much do they run?

In My Bag:

$300-$500

F that. Seriously? Unless shanks wants to buy me one...

In My Bag:

F that. Seriously? Unless shanks wants to buy me one...

Vance87, honestly, i could really give a rats ass if you drive 285 or not. I want to believe you since you're so adament on it.

With that said, most cell phones these days have video cam features so why not record your swing and put this argument to rest? I'm not one for crunching numbers and arguing based on numbers (though they don't lie) but a visual swing says a lot more to me than a bunch of numbers they extracted from a simulator computer. Post your video or quietly excuse yourself out of this thread.

I said I was done arguing.

I have an iphone, and I'm playing this Sunday, hopefully with people. Maybe I can get them to film me.

I'm not really scared of what people here think, to be honest. But I've wanted to do a "look at my swing" vid for awhile.

In My Bag:

JB: Thanks man, maybe one day I'll get there.

I'm pretty sure he was using sarcasm....

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!