IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unfortunately, Va Tech will be destroyed by Boise on National TV. Tryod Taylor is a bust.

Plus, they have tough games in the ACC, Miami, GT, etc. At least the Hokies have the balls to play tough out of conference opponents, unlike the SEC and others. FWIW, FSU will be very good with Jimbo Fisher, Loved Bobby B. but he was way too old and out of touch. FSU has a Heisman Candidate at QB, Three OL that will be drafted next year, and one of the most dynamic players since Deon Sanders at CB next year, a.k.a, Greg Reid.

Watch his FSU YouTube highlights as a TFreshman last year.

By the way, I can't wait for CFB.

Tools of the Trade
Burner Driver. 9.5 Loft. Stiff Shaft

Pro CB Irons, 3-PW, Stiff Shaft
SV Tour Wedges: 52,56,60

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hokies gotta get past the Broncos in the season opener. They upset the Ducks last year in the season opener and beat TCU in the Fiesta. The defense essentially shut down one of the highest powered offenses in the country in TCU and they have a lot of returning players. Don't underestimate the BSU Broncos.

A quick look at Boise since their "arrival" on the big stage...

Conference Record in the WAC 2002: 8-0 2003: 8-0 2004: 8-0 2005: 7-1 2006: 8-0 2007: 7-1 2008: 8-0 2009: 8-0 Total: 62-2 (.968) OOC Record since joining the WAC (including bowls) 2002: 4-1 2003: 5-1 2004: 3-1 2005: 2-3 2006: 5-0 2007: 3-2 2008: 4-1 2009: 6-0 Total: 32-9 (.780) Overall Record: 94-11 (.895) Record against Big 6 opponents 2002: 1-1 (Ark L, Iowa St. W) 2003: 0-1 (Ore St. L) 2004: 1-1 (Ore St. W, Lville L) 2005: 0-3 (UGA L, Ore St. L, BC L) 2006: 2-0 (Ore St. W, Okla W) 2007: 0-1 (Wash L) 2008: 1-0 (Ore W) 2009: 1-0 (Ore W) Total: 6-7 (.461) Trips East to play Big 6 opponents (including bowls) @ Arkansas L 41-14 Vs. Iowa St W 34-16 (Louisiana) Vs. Lville L 44-40 (Home bowl game for Lville) @ UGA L 48-13 Total: 1-3 (.250) with lone win against Iowa St. in Louisiana. Record vs Ranked Opponents (Rankings per BroncoSports.com) 2002: 0-0 2003: 1-0 (#19 TCU W) 2004: 0-1 (#8 Lville L) 2005: 0-3 (#13 UGA L, #20 Fresno L, #19 BC L) 2006: 1-0 (#10 Okla W) 2007: 0-1 (#13 Hawaii L) 2008: 1-1 (#17 Ore W, #11 TCU L) 2009: 2-0 (#16 Ore W, #4 TCU W) Total: 5-6 (.454) Opponents Avg. Offensive Ranks (PPG, YPG) / Boise’s Defensive Rank (PPG, YPG) starting in 03 (from Rivals) 2003: 67, 52 / 8, 33 2004: 40, 48 / 48, 39 2005: 57, 54 / 52, 56 2006: 55, 55 / 18, 14 2007: 72, 69 / 21, 22 2008: 61, 62 / 3, 15 2009: 55, 44 / 16, 13 Opponents Avg. Defensive Ranks (PPG, YPG) / Boise’s Offensive Rank (PPG, YPG) starting in 03 (from Rivals) 2003: 75, 75 / 2, 5 2004: 81, 69 / 2, 2 2005: 79, 74 / 8, 23 2006: 73, 73 / 2, 11 2007: 80, 77 / 5, 10 2008: 73, 70 / 12, 13 2009: 81, 80 / 1, 8 Vs Top 30 Defensive Teams (PPG) 2003: 1-0 (TCU W) 2004: 1-1 (Fresno W, Lville L) 2005: 0-3 (UGA L, Fresno L, BC L) 2006: 1-0 (Okla W) 2007: 0-0 2008: 0-1 (TCU L) 2009: 1-0 (TCU W) Total: 4-5 (.444) Basically, what this tells us is that they dominate their conference, which is very, very weak with the exception of Fresno every once in a blue Moon and Hawaii for 2 years with Colt Brennan, don't schedule jack OOC (at least one FCS opponent every year and only 9 games vs Big 6 [4 were bowls]), are average against the Big 6, aren't great when coming east to play Big 6 teams, are average against ranked opponents, put up good defensive numbers against poor offenses, put up great offensive numbers against horrible defenses, and are average against top 30 defenses.

A quick look at Boise since their "arrival" on the big stage...

It's thinking like that that keeps getting the bigger conference teams beat by the lowly WAC and MWC teams. I hope the coach and players take the attitude you just described, and to be honest, it won't surprise me if they do. Instead of rebutting your stats and facts, I'll let the Broncos do that on opening day. All I can say is...you'll see.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

"hang on sloopy...sloopy hang on...O...H...I...O..."

Pryor really matured the last half of the 2009 season. Unfortunately, two terrible title showings has soured everyone on them. I think they can overcome that though, the convincing win over Oregon was a step in the right direction. Pryor has a legit shot at the Heismann this year, and they're just so loaded on both sides of the ball...I don't see them lossing a regular season game.

I think they'll be in the championship game...vs. who, I don't know. 'Bama lost a lot of D, true, but they still have Ingram, but who knows, the SEC regular season is definitely the hardest conf schedule...USC looks to be in trouble. I don't buy Oregon especially with their QB gone. Hard for me to make a guess at who will come get voted in. But like I said, if OSU takes care of their regular season schedule they should be one of the teams.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

btw- Ohio State would beat Boise by 30 points.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Unfortunately, Va Tech will be destroyed by Boise on National TV.

How is one of the nations leaders in Passer Efficency considered aa bust?

I think Broncos fans have completely forgotten about playing Georgia in 2005.

You heard it here first, Hokies win by at least two touchdowns.

btw- Ohio State would beat Boise by 30 points.

Hah! That's okay. I travel a lot and whenever I tell people I'm from Boise, 90% of the people think it's in Ohio. So, it's a win-win for us.

Hmmmhhhh? BSU beat Oregon 19-8, Oregon trounced USC 47-20, USC beat Ohio State 18-15. More evidence of you guys livin' in an alternate universe of rational thought.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I think Broncos fans have completely forgotten about playing Georgia in 2005.

That fact makes a lot of sense considering NONE of the guys that played in 2005 will be playing this September.

I'll take that spread. Wanna make this interesting? You guys in the ACC, SEC, Big 12, etc., keep living in your closed-minded world and we'll keep showin' up and kickin' ass. I love going to the forums after one of us "little guys" beats their powerhouse and reading all the excuses as to why they lost. The Sugar Bowl in '09 was the best example.

Bong Crosby,

I am an ACC'er, but I agree with you that Boise is good. They will smash Va Tech on Nat. TV. It will be yet another ACC embarrassment, The worst thing about college football now, is ESPN and the SEC have a huge television contract. It is now the FoxNews/MSNBC of Sports. They even show SEC Softball on ESPN 2.

BTW How many hot softballer players are there, other than the olmypic chick from the US team?

Best shot of Today: 3 wood to the green on a very short Par 4 (279)

Worst shot of Today: The third putt I made on that same hole.

Tools of the Trade
Burner Driver. 9.5 Loft. Stiff Shaft

Pro CB Irons, 3-PW, Stiff Shaft
SV Tour Wedges: 52,56,60

There's no chance but I just want to see improvement... GO IRISH

The tech vs bsu game should be good but bsu isn't going to surprise anyone. I do think the bsu is straight good enough to beat them anyway. I can't wait to watch also the comment about bsu dominating their conference and not scheduling much out of conference... isn't that basically every team? I remember psu one year had an out of conference schedule of teams that had a combined 1 win the season before. I'm glad they put bama on though.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I'm a PAC 10 guy and traditionaly USC has run the gauntlet but in recent years... now not so much. With Pete Carrol leaving I'm not sure in which direction the program will be heading.

Which brings me to my point... Go HUSKIES!!! I don't expect them to be there this year, especially with Oregon on the rise, but I fully expect to see them content for a major BCS title in the next couple of years.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

• 2 weeks later...
With Pete Carrol leaving I'm not sure in which direction the program will be heading.

I honestly think that if Lane Kiffin would just learn to shut his mouth and let what happens on the football field serve as him talking that he would be a much better coach.

Another Hokie fan here. Have to love our chances, but I just don't know. Obviously we have a ton of returning starters, but there are a lot of questions. Wang and Render gone so the left side of the line is suspect. RB is stacked for sure, but how much will Evans' return upset the balance? If we can't run the ball, then what, Tyrod still sucks as a QB. I'm a glass half empty guy....not to mention that Worilds was our only legit pass rusher.

Another lifetime Hokie here. I'm definitely worried about the Boise State game, as well as the whole ACC schedule. In the past we've always found a way to underperform 1-2 games a year and lose. Sure we have a lot returning on offense, but the key returning person doesn't even play. That's right, Stiney is still in the press box. I have yet to see anything out of him that would convince me that we're in line to put up a lot of points. He's had offensive talent in the past and hasn't gotten the job done. I'm hoping Tyrod will be able to put a consistent season together, otherwise it will be another GT-NC strech. Boise returns a lot of starters and have shown in recent years they can win the big one. It will be a good game either way, I'm just glad the game is a lot closer to me than Idaho.

How funny to see a Nole weighing in on a fellow ACC team, most of the Noles fans keep their opinions to themselves after other teams come into the conference and provide a little competition. It could be worse though, at least you're not a Miami fan.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

Ohio State over Alabama, they're just simply going to be the 2 best teams, though I think bama will have a tougher time going unbeaten having to beat florida and lsu, both will be good. Ohio State if they stay focused shouldnt have any trouble running the table in the Big Ten.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

The username should indicate my loyalty, but I'm more excited about UNC football than ever, maybe (which admittedly has seemed an oxymoron for a long time). Definitely interested to see how long Butch sticks with Yates.

Should be a good race in the Coastal division this year.

In my bag:
905R 9.5
906F4 15.5
CLK Fli-Hi 20

MP-52 3-PW

Vokey SM 52.08, 58.08

Studio Stainless Newport 2 35"

PRO V1x

Seeing as we're three months away (and three days) from the first CFB game of the year, I figured we could start predicting who the frontrunner(s) for the Heisman are, as well as anything else you guys would like to predict. However, I think we should wait a bit longer to start predicting the National Championship Game.

My Heisman Trophy winner: Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State Buckeyes.

Pryor looked solid at the end of last year and I can't argue that he's probably my frontrunner. Not to mention Ohio State should be in contention for a championship and that seems to really matter in Heisman voting.

No reason to think Ingram won't be great at Alabama again and have a chance to repeat. And Julio Jones might be better.

In my bag:
905R 9.5
906F4 15.5
CLK Fli-Hi 20

MP-52 3-PW

Vokey SM 52.08, 58.08

Studio Stainless Newport 2 35"

PRO V1x

Note: This thread is 4716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!