IGNORED

My Swing (Stretch)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should have quit on the first shot today! Lateral Landing 0.0 yards.

It's taken me a long time to get to a strong face position with a path consistently out to the right and, golf being golf, I noticed in the last few weeks that I'd started overdoing it. Path with the irons was getting 6 to 7 degrees inside out and I was hitting overdraws and bigger pushes than I was comfortable with. Have been working on getting my swing direction closer to the center line -- which for me requires more "up and down" and less "around". Backswing feels are elbows staying close together, right index finger staying on top of the grip, faster wrist cock.

I would show you how it looks but the wind blew my tripod over and broke the ball head off.

Winter is finally here down South. We're getting socked with this tomorrow.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Posted a 69 for the first time today!

Unfortunately, the course par was reduced to 70 after the recent storm flooded two fairways, so it doesn't count.

Two birdies, one bogey, 13 GIRs, 30 putts. Orderly.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Posted a 69 for the first time today!

Unfortunately, the course par was reduced to 70 after the recent storm flooded two fairways, so it doesn't count.

Two birdies, one bogey, 13 GIRs, 30 putts. Orderly.

Awesome.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Stupid monkey-ing today with my old nemesis the metal range bucket. Trying (obviously) to keep the club from coming too far inside on the takeaway and/or from too far inside on the downswing. Plenty of work still to do. Second shot was quite nice.

Stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Father's Day free pass. Sunny sky, deserted range, three drivers and FlightScope. If I'd known it was going to be so quiet, I'd have brought a cooler along!

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

Not-so-good news. My right hip has been hurting for quite a while and the traditional male therapeutic approach (ignoring it, not being a *****, pouring larger scotches) ultimately proved ineffective. Went to the doctor and guess what he told me? He said Stretch you gotta try to have fun no matter what you do! But he's a fool. Sorry, no idea where that came from, he's not a fool and in fact just poked my hip in one particular spot -- making me yip like a puppy -- and said I had trochanteric bursitis.

"Are you doing anything repetitive that could be irritating that hip joint area?"

"Umm, would hitting a couple of hundred golf balls a day qualify?"

"Oh yes. You're going to need to stop doing that, I'm afraid."

So it looks like I'm on the 5S practice program for a while, like it or not. Just what the world needs -- another stupid, limping monkey.

Stretch.

Major suckage Stretch. I hope you have a quick recovery. You'll be a helluva putter when this is all said and done.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger!

Sounds like it's time to hit the pool, and strengthen those leg muscles and ligaments that go into the hip area?

Hope you get better soon Stretch.  That is some major "Suckage"!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• 1 month later...

Well shoot, maybe I should take time off more often! After about five weeks completely away from golf -- haven't touched a club or even really thought about the game at all -- I went out today with absolutely no expectations and shot 72. One bogey, one birdie, 28 putts. Hip feels 100% again. I'm a ****ing happy camper.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 1 month later...

I have the shanks. Worse, I have the wedge shanks.

Drive it inside 100 yards. Step up to routine par-or-better approach. Nearly kill someone teeing off on the next box maybe 40 yards right of the green. Walk the walk of shame. Indulge in some friendly chit chat:

"How the **** did you even manage to hit it over here, man?"

"Wish I knew ..."

:-(

Stretch.

"It's going to be a hell of a par from there!" I can see how that inside path can just send that hosel right into ball. Another half inch towards the toe and you are knocking down the flag. What a cruel game.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I have messed myself up pretty comprehensively recently -- and will be seeking professional help. :surrender:

On the plus side, like you say, I'm getting all sorts of scrambling practice ...

Stretch.

I have the shanks. Worse, I have the wedge shanks.

Drive it inside 100 yards. Step up to routine par-or-better approach. Nearly kill someone teeing off on the next box maybe 40 yards right of the green. Walk the walk of shame. Indulge in some friendly chit chat:

"How the **** did you even manage to hit it over here, man?"

"Wish I knew ..."

Yep.  I've had those rear their ugly head too.  It's when I lean into the ball on the back swing...  Have you caught any of these on video?  Like this? The very first swing my head leans into the ball and hit a dead shank with an 8i.

Do you have them often now wedge shots or just the one shot?  I had them for a couple years off and on with wedges mainly.  I get them every once and a while when I am trying something new and my head and hips start moving towards the ball.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I better not see one of these in your bag...Ewwww.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 3178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!