IGNORED

Wilson Fat Shaft?

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My brother just gave me a set of irons. They are Wilson Fat Shaft II with regular flex steel shafts, 3-pw,sw,lw. Has anybody hit these before? Im kinda fired up to hit them, they gotta be better than my generic Infernos. Just wondering what anybody elses thoughts were on thes clubs.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My brother just gave me a set of irons. They are Wilson Fat Shaft II with regular flex steel shafts, 3-pw,sw,lw. Has anybody hit these before? Im kinda fired up to hit them, they gotta be better than my generic Infernos. Just wondering what anybody elses thoughts were on thes clubs.

They were a good club. Decent concept that never really caught on. I hit a set years back, and for a GI cavity, I think you'll like them fine. I wasn't wild about the feel or aesthetics, but you'd probably really hate my clubs also.

butter knives:

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I have the Wilson Di7's with the fat shaft I HATE these clubs. I hit them very fat it might be the head and not the shaft but still. I also have a very odd swing obviously since I am 6'1" and need a -2 deg loft!

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

Fat Shaft were an idea that never quite caught on, as said before. They actually are pretty good clubs though, and they made a few different incarnations of them, forged, game improvement, etc. I've hit a variety of them, and they are decent clubs, not particularly special, but decent. They are fairly stable, that's true, but it really doesn't make a big enough difference to interest me.

At one of the courses I play at, there is a whole old FatShaft demo collection left over. I got the hat with the FatShaft/SmartCore logos for myself. The staff bag is kind of cool, it's got the same logos, bright red leather bag with FatShaft Forged logos. The forged ones are very rare, and I think only maybe one tour player had a full set of them because the bag has "FatShaft Forged" and a name of specific player. They have a bunch of old demo bags like that, from several different companies.

I hit them at a demo day years ago and to be honest they were solid. You couldn't work the ball at all and funny looking but I think you will like them. Good luck...
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I tried them years ago... when I was playing my best. I think the head was the RM forged? If I remember correctly, the fat shaft took a lot of the feel out of the club. For a GI iron, maybe not so bad for mishits, but on a forged club... forget it.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!