IGNORED

I like walking....

ECT
Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I could I would always walk and carry my clubs. But time gets to the body (arthritis in knees) and I never carry my clubs anymore (Sun Mountain cart). I do walk when I can but courses that have a lot elevation changes or great distances between greens to tees I ride. Also I play with some groups that like to ride and so I do too as I don't want to feel hurried tying to keep up. I enjoy the game in either case but feel like walking is preferable for several reasons.

I recommend not playing courses that are not walker-friendly. If you prefer walking, then send a message to course operators that you will avoid playing their course until they make it walker-friendly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend not playing courses that are not walker-friendly. If you prefer walking, then send a message to course operators that you will avoid playing their course until they make it walker-friendly.

That would be a good option, except that the layout of some courses make them not walker friendly. Some courses have approximately 1/4 mile or more from green to the next tee box which makes it not conducive to walking. btw..I normally walk also.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

my only problem with walking is that I like to drink ALOT of water on the course, so carrying about a gallon of water would make my bag incredibly heavy.

lol unless you are also peeing a gallon during the round the extra resulting weight is the same . bag or belly a gallon weighs the same . 7 lbs .

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

"its not true golf when riding in a cart". What a bunch of garbage. If Im out playing recreationally so what if I use a cart. Im not a pro, golf isnt my job. I do things other than golf so I play as fast as I can.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

I wont play at a course that does not allow walking. For me anyway, it doesnt feel like golf when im in a cart. Unless im in a scramble or something, i walk every single time i play. Its the only way to do it!

I try to avoid cart-only courses - especially ones that were designed that way and not just a recent cash grab. Not being able to walk is just one of the things that irritate me about those kinds of tracks.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I try to avoid cart-only courses - especially ones that were designed that way and not just a recent cash grab. Not being able to walk is just one of the things that irritate me about those kinds of tracks.

I agree. Don't play the courses that discourage walking. I mention in reviews and e-mails to course management that I refuse to play their course due to the policies of no walking. I've paid the cart premium and still walked the course on some occasions. That gets an unusual response!

"its not true golf when riding in a cart". What a bunch of garbage. If Im out playing recreationally so what if I use a cart. Im not a pro, golf isnt my job. I do things other than golf so I play as fast as I can.

Your premise that cart golf is a faster process than walking is a myth!! You suggest that a "busy schedule" influences you to ride. You simply choose to ride. You do raise an important distinction - recreation versus the sport of playing golf. Recreational golfers seek relaxation, and walking golfers tend to be more athletic or serious-minded about the game. As a walker, I would like to see a trend toward more walking-only golf courses. If you think about it, other sports offer the opportunity to separate recreational players from serious-minded players through leagues and other organizational formats. Golf is predominantly focused on recreational golf with cart riding being a dominant policy on our nation's courses. Even if you sign up for an amateur golf tour, often you will be forced to ride. Play like the pros - Walk!! You'll enjoy the benefits that walking the course has to offer.

Your premise that cart golf is a faster process than walking is a myth!! . . . Play like the pros - Walk!! You'll enjoy the benefits that walking the course has to offer.

A good player can play an 18 hole twilight round in about 45 minutes with a power cart. A pro could get around in less. Just sayin'.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

... You'll enjoy the benefits that walking the course has to offer.

You also find alot of balls that the lazy people don't even bother to look for.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

You also find alot of balls that the lazy people don't even bother to look for.

Ive found dozens of balls out on the course while riding in a cart. Lots of times I end up walking a ton on the course anyway because Im nowhere near my playing partners shot so I just walk. Just because someone uses a cart doesnt make them any less of a person or any less serious a golfer as some of these posts would suggest. I agree that courses should let people walk if they choose to.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

I love to walk the course as well.
I agree about the ball finding, however I wish people would lose a few more Bridgestones than they do.
I definitely take in more of the surroundings when I'm walking than I do when using the cart, and let's be honest, most of the courses we all play, are just beautiful parks.
A golf cart in my opinion is....."A good walk spoiled".

R7 460 10.5 Degrees
Sasquatch 15 & 17 Degrees
MP60's 3-PW
T-Zoid Comp EZ Wedges 52 & 56
CG10 60 Degrees Tour Action Reg.588 64 Degrees White Hot #4 E6+ Balls

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!