IGNORED

I like walking....

ECT
Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in two ladies leagues and usually walk for one....a 9 hole/Par 3 course. Easy, relaxing and enjoyable. But for the other 9 hole league I usually take a cart. The other day I decided to walk it and found that it was also relaxing. I noticed that when I took a cart, any nervousness and tension would show up in my swing. But the walking relieved that nervousness and tension! Just another walk in the park! :)

ECT

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're nervous and tense in a cart?

Let me introduce you to the concept of the "beer cart"....

Just kidding - good for you! I couldn't agree more. I almost always opt for walking also, although up by me that's an option which is becoming harder and harder to find. But I'm with you; it feels like a whole different game when you hoof it. A game that I enjoy more. (Not that I don't enjoy golf if I'm riding, of course.)

Have fun, and best of luck in your leagues this year!

Don't let them make you nervous or tense

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

My home course has unlimited golf for walkers after 4:00 for 15 bucks. Last friday I started walking at 4 and was able to get 27 holes in by 8:30. It was great fun, but my legs and hips sure felt it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ECT -- I agree with that assessment. Just another "check" in the pros of walking vs. riding.

I never miss an opportunity to share this website with like-minded souls:

http://www.thewalkinggolfer.com/

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

I much prefer walking. It gives me time to evaluate my next shot and keeps me relaxed. To me, riding in a cart isn't playing golf, it's just making shots.
I do get frustrated by some of the local greens fees that include a cart, not giving me the option to walk. I don't have a lot of $$$ to spend, so those courses that do allow me to walk get my buisness first.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

I started walking when my physician said I should get some exercise (high cholesterol) so, I started walking / carrying and liked it but, it was a little too much on the back so, I switched over to using a Clicgear push cart.
I really enjoy walking over riding around in a golf cart. I find myself thinking of the next shot, paying more attention yardage markers, etc..... not that'll help MY game any.

Website bookmarked, Thanks Doc

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

Website bookmarked, Thanks Doc

My pleasure!

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

I don't mind walking. I kind of prefer riding in a golf cart myself because I have osgood schlatters disease in my knees (Google it), and it hurts to walk for a while. If I have to walk I'll go ahead and do it (I have to in all high school golf team tournaments), but if I had the choice between riding in a cart and walking, I'll probably take riding in a cart.

Plus the 96º Florida heat doesn't help either

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Plus the 96º Florida heat doesn't help either

Same thing here, the combination of heat and humidity makes it miserable to walk anytime between June-September. The heat index gets downright stupid.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I don't mind walking. I kind of prefer riding in a golf cart myself because I have osgood schlatters disease in my knees (Google it), and it hurts to walk for a while. If I have to walk I'll go ahead and do it (I have to in all high school golf team tournaments), but if I had the choice between riding in a cart and walking, I'll probably take riding in a cart.

I never that id meet another person with osgoods i thought my doctor was lieing when he told me i first had it. That also ended me trying to play football for my highschool cause it hurt to bad to always be getting chop blocked

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

I can't afford to pay for a golf cart and I don't need one so I don't bother.

I can see the point of using one in warm weather though.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I very much prefer walking over riding a cart. Riding is just too fast for me. I like to take in the beauty of the course. You pay a lot for golf, and I want to get the most out of it. Also, being a little tired can also be better for the swing, and you warm up much faster.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I love to walk when I play. I find play is faster, I stay looser, and I get some exercise. Until now, I was carrying all the time, and my bag is starting to wear out and split after one year so I picked up an early b-day present, the a sun mountain cart! It made such a difference. I finish my rounds with better scores because my feet and hips aren't worn out and I haven't had all the extra weight compressing my back. If I have the option of walking, I will walk.

I usually like to walk all the courses i play except the one i work at. Its simply to hilly and i get way too tired. Otherwise i love walking for all the reasons mentioned above. I really need to try a cart though.

I'm in two ladies leagues and usually walk for one....a 9 hole/Par 3 course. Easy, relaxing and enjoyable. But for the other 9 hole league I usually take a cart. The other day I decided to walk it and found that it was also relaxing. I noticed that when I took a cart, any nervousness and tension would show up in my swing. But the walking relieved that nervousness and tension! Just another walk in the park! :)

That's awesome ECT, I'm like you and prefer to walk even long courses of 7k yards, it's good for the heart, plus you can think about the next shot as you walk up to the ball

I started walking in college due to both monetary limitations and the fact that everyone on our college courses walked so you were paying $17 to just wait behind the line of walkers in front of you anyway if you get a cart.

I will always opt to walk instead of ride now. The walk (however short) allows you more time to realign mentally after a bad shot and it keeps your emotions down after a great shot.

And if you want to play 3-4 times a week at different places you better either be loaded or be walking.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!