IGNORED

Pulled the 60 degree wedge.

Note: This thread is 5102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

and those people are all idiots. my 60 degree is routinely the most reliable club in my bag. if there's any sort of elevation to the green i'm trying to hit, which there often is, my 60* comes out. all it takes is practice.

¡Idiotas! oye señor, you havin a bad nite? of course all it takes is practice. DUH, it's a great club to practice with even if you don't use it in actual play. The precision needed to hold the angle and put it on plane is higher than some fat ass 460* driver. If you can "properly" strike the 60* from 10 yards up to 70 the lessons learned will transfer to your other clubs. I practice with mine all the time but I'm scared s...less to use it on the course.

I love my 60*. I will never take this club out of my bag. I use when I'm 20 yards out from the green to flop it on up there. I can usually flop my 60* with more accuracy than "bump & run it" - I use both my 60* and 56* for these flop shots. Which club I hit is determined by the lie. If I'm in the rough, I flop it with my 56* since it has a 14* bounce. If I'm on the fairway or shorter grass, I use my 60* with 8* bounce.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

2 months ago, i bought a 52, 56, 60 cg12 set. after hitting them a few times, i realized that these wedges were all too similar. i decided to put the 56 degree away. i only play with a 52 and 60 - only because they were most different. i am wondering if i should swap the 60 for the 56s as well. i sometimes think i over-utilize the 60 more often than i should - but i love hitting a 60 on greenside bunkers though.

2 months ago, i bought a 52, 56, 60 cg12 set. after hitting them a few times, i realized that these wedges were all too similar. i decided to put the 56 degree away. i only play with a 52 and 60 - only because they were most different. i am wondering if i should swap the 60 for the 56s as well. i sometimes think i over-utilize the 60 more often than i should - but i love hitting a 60 on greenside bunkers though.

If it works for you why not keep it in? I was just stating what I've found to be the case for me.

I have read several magazine articles that have stated unless you are a tour pro...

If we followed the advice of several Golf magazines, I think most of us would be using the following equipment:

13* drivers. 4 - Wood 3 - 5 Hybrids 6 - 9 Super Game Improvement Bricks 42* Pitching Wedge 56* Sand Wedge Two-piece distance rock... I mean ball.

If we followed the advice of several Golf magazines, I think most of us would be using the following equipment:

and you know what?

they're right......

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

It seems like all the reasons for dropping the club have to do with ease of use... My 60* wedge was hard for me to hit but now it is my most accurate club. I don't know how I would hit my 40-60 yard shots without it. It's great for getting out of deep sand traps and over trees (now if I could hit my driver accurately perhaps I wouldn't need it for those things, but thats kinda moot). Also, it's the easiest club to practice inside the house with plastic balls. In my opinion, being able to use the same speed swing for my different wedges allows me to more accurately cover the distances between 0 and 100 yards. I might not be typical though, I only carry my P, the 52* and a 60*.

It seems like all the reasons for dropping the club have to do with ease of use...

I agree that given the large number of golfers out there, any advice that says "most golfer should..." will miss some golfers. As a 24 HC, most golfers would say you should not spend your practice time learning to hit a 60*. Instead of learning flop shots, you should use a bump-n-run or chip, and spend your time learning a consistent swing so your Driver stays on the fairway, and your approach shots end up on or near the green.

That's pretty standard advice, but it doesn't work for everyone.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

If we followed the advice of several Golf magazines, I think most of us would be using the following equipment: 13* drivers. 4 - Wood 3 - 5 Hybrids 6 - 9 Super Game Improvement Bricks 42* Pitching Wedge 56* Sand Wedge

Hmm...my bag has evolved to something close to this setup, and my index has dropped from about a high of 18 (which was largely the result of switching to blades when i had been about a 15) to now less than 14 over the past year. No lessons or extra practice than beforehand either. Part of my equipment changes included ditching my low-bounce 60* for a mid-bounce 58* CG14 -- it's so much easier to hit consistently (yes could be the bounce more than the 2* loft difference but i aint' complaining).

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

60 degree wedge is my favorite wedge in the bag, hands down. The flop shot is the greatest tool I have ever added to my arsenal.

The Lob Wedge provides me with a lot of versatility around the green.

Note: This thread is 5102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!