IGNORED

My Swing (Nuck81)

nuck81
Note: This thread is 4996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Question about this... What do you mean by extending? Because if i stand up during impact then i hit the ball thin..

Are you watching these? Subscribe to the YouTube channel and it makes a very handy reference. And it's free as in beer!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like anything - too much of a good thing is bad for your back. You'll know when you're overdoing it - hopefully not 1 exaggerated reverse C too late!

The proper S&T; finish is pretty much the opposite of the old Reverse C. It's the over-deliberate maintenance of forward flexion in the spine ("Stay in your spine angle!") and flex in the legs that then create compression in the lower back when it is arched. If the spine is extended in the backswing, and the legs are extended through to the finish as S&T; advocates, this does not occur.

And, as others have already pointed out, major extension through impact isn't an S&T; thing so much as it's a power-player thing, no matter what their swing pattern. Look at Ernie going after it here: he's almost jumping out of his shoes into impact, belt buckle way up, butt tucking way under and loads of secondary axis tilt. (Warning -- odd musical accompaniment.)

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

So I just got back from the range. I hit two large buckets, for two and a half hours, with an open mind, and gave S&T; my honest to god best effort. All I have to say after busting and sweating my ass off for two hours is.......I'm stacked

My first ten balls or so I was basically like "@#&$ this @**$* this is !^%@So

Well since this all got moved I don't feel like such a goober putting my practice video up....

TODAY June 16th

MONDAY June 14th

I thought this was kinda cool too

Top of backswing S&T;

Top of Backswing old

Looks like you're making pretty good contact!

A couple of things that I've been given to think about by the evolvr guys may help you too, so I'll pass them along with the proviso that you give credence to my interpretations at your own risk!

Your left leg is still flexed here. By this point it should be pretty much straight. To achieve that, I have to try and feel like I'm standing up pretty much right at the beginning of the downswing. It will feel weird! But when you get it you will suddenly start hitting the ball a lot higher and harder.

Try not to let the left knee pull inward through the backswing. It makes it harder to get going forward as you begin to come down. Obviously it's going to move back a little, but most of the flex should be toward the left toe. Try making that the start point of your swing -- add weight to left leg, add a little flex toward toe, club starts back...

Good luck!

Stretch.

Looks like you're making pretty good contact!

Thanks man!! I'll do that, that will probably get my damn arms to straighten out too..

Your left leg is still flexed here. By this point it should be pretty much straight. To achieve that, I have to try and feel like I'm standing up pretty much right at the beginning of the downswing. It will feel weird! But when you get it you will suddenly start hitting the ball a lot higher and harder.

I don't think that's a good idea.

I think driving the hips more will solve it. That's me at impact (terrible quality image I know) I've pushed my hips farther forward and my left knee is straight. Just my opinion it may not be right.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Nice progress nuck. I just bought the book myself and find myself practicing alot with no club just going through the motions. I have made great strides since yesterday before the book doing what i thought was right. I guess my advice would be practice the drill with the rock to get your feeling of straight arms ingrained. It also looks as if you still have a minute weight shift going on. I can only assume with more practice it will disappear.

Stretch, thanks for the knee tip. I do the same as nuck does, so i have work to do.

09 Burner driver
3-pw Dci 962 irons
54-11 gw
Backstryke 2 Ball putter

I don't think that's a good idea.

Two roads to the same destination, I think. Remember you are already moving forward to some degree in the downswing and although the thought is "standing straight up" -- for me at least -- what's really happening is the hips pushing both upwards and toward the target, as shown in your picture. The feel is going to be different for everyone, obviously, but it works better for me than trying to consciously manufacture a lateral shift.

Stretch.

Nice progress nuck. I just bought the book myself and find myself practicing alot with no club just going through the motions. .

I did that all last night, but i had a little rod in my hand just so I could see the angle of the club and not brain my poor kitty who always likes to be right in the way....

Nuck work on that left arm.
Keep it as straight as possible, a slight "bow" is ok but a few of your swings were very bendy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

And, as others have already pointed out, major extension through impact isn't an S&T; thing so much as it's a power-player thing, no matter what their swing pattern.

Yet you hit us with another dose. I know this is an S&T; thread, but come on, seriously.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yet you hit us with another dose. I know this is an S&T; thread, but come on, seriously.

He asked a question about extension, I thought a visual reference might be helpful. Not quite sure what the problem is? If I seem particularly jazzed about this issue right now, it's because I'm finally starting to nail it down in my own swing, thanks entirely to the Golf Evolution guys.

Here are some before and afters from their clinic in Boston a few weeks ago. You can see from the stuff in the background that getting from A to B didn't take a particularly long time, just some rather effective coaching from James. Do you think this has improved my ball striking? Do you think it might help Nuck improve his? Nuck, be bald twat #2, not bald twat #1!

Stretch.

He asked a question about extension, I thought a visual reference might be helpful. Not quite sure what the problem is? If I seem particularly jazzed about this issue right now, it's because I'm finally starting to nail it down in my own swing, thanks entirely to the Golf Evolution guys.

Please go on, he was this transition done.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

So what did you do from point a to b? Just stand up more and extend the arms?

In the first one he had a bit of a flip.

In the second one he doesn't In the first one he doesn't look like he's driving through the ball. In the second one it looks like he smashed it.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

So what did you do from point a to b? Just stand up more and extend the arms?

The best advice I've had about the downswing is no matter how much you think you're standing up through impact, try and do it more. You want to feel like everything is extending as much as it can -- spine, both legs, left side. Point your breastbone at the sky!

That's pretty much it. As I said, for me, the feel needs to be that I am starting to stand up right from the start of the downswing. When you actually do it correctly the first few times, it'll feel like you're going to jump right off the ground and miss the ball by three inches over the top.

As for the process, James gave me the thought and asked me to try it. Videoed the swing. Showed me how very little I was actually doing it. "More please!" Repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat. Eventually you start getting closer to where you want to be. Sorry Nuck, don't mean to hijack your thread but do think this could help you too if you stick with S&T.;

Stretch.

Note: This thread is 4996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!