IGNORED

Does golf cause fights (arguements / disagreements / etc) in your house?

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 5084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've found that it's typically the amount of time spent on the 19th hole that leads to marital friction. I know plenty of guys for whom the golf is very much the secondary activity involved in "going down to the club."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea its crazy how fast it adds up. Man you had the perfect bike for it to, Thoses sv's are awsome.

no doubt. before I rode i was into Nitro powered RC cars. I didn't even race, just did alot of weekends out at local forest preserves with make shift ramps / etc. I got out of that because riding a motorcycle was cheaper / more rewarding (to me anyway). I had a friend who took it a step further and started racing and it got to be stupid expensive. It is a sport that demands you keep up with everybody else, so new motors 2 or 3 times a weekend at a few hundred a pop wasn't an unheard of practice (not common though)

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I'm a RN just like goblue's wife above. I have 4 days off per week. I play twice during the week while she is at work and the kids are at school. I usually also play once on the weekend. I have been married for 14 years. In the beginning my hobbies caused problems, but she has learned that if she gives me time away from everything that the time together is of higher quality.

Hahahaha, Ill tell you guys what, Next time your wife complains about spending money on golf, have her give me a call and let me shine a little light on the subject. Let me tell her know what an expensive hobby is. Try road racing motorcycles, I go to the track this tmonday and just got done putting on $600.00 worth of wheels and tires tonight. Theres is also a $200.00 dollar entry fee i have to pay when i get there, Not counting my other gear i have. My point is no matter what you do, if you enjoy it then it will cost lots of money. My wife hobbie is scrap booking i bet i would be surprised what we spend on that if we added everything up that she has (woooww)! So when it come to golf she is just happy its not bike parts! lol

any motorsports hobby is expensive

Like i mentioned before, I USED to backcountry snowmobile and that IS NOT CHEAP heres a quick breakdown of a typical winter: -Gear-$1200 -Sled Parts-$500 (not including an engine re-build - include that at $800) -Oil and Gas-$1500 -One Trip out west-$1000-1500 PER TRIP and I would do 3-4 (and this is w NO breakdowns or chopper rides out) -Hotels, Food/Beer-$2500 One Winter-$10,200 and this is all on a 2006 paid for sled for those guys that like to turbo their 4 stokes, quadrouple the costs now thats i gave that up, what i spend on golf is peanuts
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Any of these posts that start out with "My spouse also golfs...", I skip right over. I'm just too jealous to even read.

I would say it's a constant struggle to get more golf time. I'd play every week if I could. I have a 17 month old so it's not easy. This season I was able to play once a week for two weeks and then take a week off. That's better than last year. I try to play early in the morning when it best fits my wife's time. I also try to set aside time for her to get out and do her own thing. It's certainly not easy when you have young children.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Any of these posts that start out with "My spouse also golfs...", I skip right over. I'm just too jealous to even read.

+1 on everything you said...

I wished my wife played...she hsa brand new, unsued set of clubs in the closet. In fairness to her, I have them to her from Christmas 2008, we found out she was pregnant on Jan 1-2009. We have a 9 month old baby...and let me tell you....sometimes is hard to golf when your daugther is asking for Daddy time!!!! Best feeling in the world!!!! I try to play during the week after work. I usually work until about 7 or so, so gettig home at 8 after a round of 9, is not too bad. Except for the fact the gets pissed off bcs I leave work early for golf, but not to come home...[sigh]
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

In the beginning my hobbies caused problems, but she has learned that if she gives me time away from everything that the time together is of higher quality.

this is an excellent point.... I work out of my house so I have a somewhat flexible schedule, and while the work life balence is unique for me, i enjoy what I do, and I enjoy the freedom of my schedule. I try to play golf during the week (cut out of the office a little early one day, stay late the next, etc) and that leaves the weekends for "us" time. Last year she was pretty strict on the amount of golf I played, and it caused quite a bit of friction, this summer, however she hasn't said a peep. if I can afford to play, she makes sure I grab a hat on the way out the door. In the past, I would resent her for stopping me from doing something that I love, for what I viewed as no good reason, this seaon however, she and I both have come to an agreement on how to manage my golf, and that is all based on money dictates how often I can play. I get a golf budget for green's fee / range time. If I choose to spend that money on a bucket of balls every night after work she is fine with it, if however, I choose to spend it on 1 18 hole round of golf at a nice course followed by dinner with my buddies, that is fine as well. Generally speaking, I do everything in my power to maximize the amount of time I get to spend with a club in my hand.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Note: This thread is 5084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!