IGNORED

Nike VR Str8 Fit Tour Driver shaft broke at

Note: This thread is 4195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike should release the VR pro series in non adjustable ( ie. no str8 fit features )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by shades9323

Why?

Cheaper.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth one of the guys I met at a scramble last week works for Sports Authority in the Golf Shop and has had several broken shafts on the Nike VR Str8 Fit Tour Driver returned to the store. From what he says all the broken shafts have been Project X shafts. They sold a lot of these clubs with the Adila VooDoo shaft and haven't seen one come back yet. So the problems might just be the tip stiffness of the Project X.

• 6 months later...

This happened to me as well last week.  I called Nike and as they explained to me they would replace it or fix it.  I did not have a receipt, but this was the first time I ever used mine and I bought it in November.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought a VR pro Str8-fit tour Driver and 3 wood 1 week ago. Both have Project X 5.5 shafts. I took them to the driving range for the first time today and they both snapped in the same spot about a 1/4" above the hosel. Didn't even get through half the large bucket.

Going to go back to Golf Town and I'm hoping they can do something for me. I wonder if I can request a different shaft or just get different clubs all together.

• 2 months later...

just came back from the range with my broken vr pro tour str8-fit, it broke off inside the hosel my shaft is the grafolly pro launch axis technology. i have heard of this problem with a lot of different shafts, so i think this is more of a design flaw rather then just the shafts its self. i have had previous nike str8-fits and had no problems, the only that sucks for me now is i cant use it to trade for the calaway driver i wanted. i should say also i did like the way head of the club worked to bad theres a flaw with the rest of it.

just came back from the range with my broken vr pro tour str8-fit, it broke off inside the hosel my shaft is the grafolly pro launch axis technology. i have heard of this problem with a lot of different shafts, so i think this is more of a design flaw rather then just the shafts its self. i have had previous nike str8-fits and had no problems, the only thing that sucks for me now is i cant use it to trade for the callaway driver i wanted. i should say also i did like the way head of the club worked to bad theres a flaw with the rest of it.

just came back from the range with my broken vr pro tour str8-fit, it broke off inside the hosel my shaft is the grafolly pro launch axis technology. i have heard of this problem with a lot of different shafts, so i think this is more of a design flaw rather then just the shafts its self. i have had previous nike str8-fits and had no problems, the only thing that sucks for me now is i cant use it to trade for the callaway driver i wanted. i should say also i did like the way head of the club worked to bad theres a flaw with the rest of it.

Call Nike, they should replace it.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Hmmm, my Nike machspeed black snapped at the str8 fit tip. It was sporting a stock fubuki shaft. I replacing it with a prolaunch red. I hope it lasts.

Sincerely, Jim

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Kieran123

It's the glue?....that sucks......Nike should do a recall and give me a machspeed black :)

My machspeed black just did the same thing. I leaned down to tee up a ball using my driver for balance and I heard a crunch then went i stood up my driver head was still on the ground snapped clean right at the top of the hosel.

• 1 month later...

Broke my VR Pro driver head from the shaft at the Str8-fit adapter / hosel over the weekend. The shaft is a Aldila Voodoo VS6.

Clean break, no cracks in the shaft.

Sent back to Nike by the Pro Shop I bought from from.

Strange mode of failure until I found this thread. I wonder if there is a sharp inner edge on the adapter or some stress point that is different from standard a standard hosel.

My driver Nike driver broke 2 weeks ago at the same spot on the shaft it essentially split only had the club 6 months was interested to see this thread seems the straight fit ones seem to have an issue breaking at this spot.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Nike should release the VR pro series in non adjustable ( ie. no str8 fit features )

It's called the VR Pro Limited right?  (close enough)

So far so good with my VR Pro STR8 Fit.  Love the club.  I'll hold onto my other driver (Sasquatch Sumo) as a back up though based on this thread.  Good info.

Though it sounds like a shaft issue, not a head design issue......

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!