IGNORED

shank proof wedge

boston blackie
Note: This thread is 2212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like some kind of stange all face hybrid, too weird for me but if it helps - the only thing I'd be concerned about is that with this kind of club you'll never learn the technique properly and will eventually need/want to get a proper wedge.
Whats in my Twister V bag?
MP-630 fast-track 9.5 w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki S
909F3 15* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
909F3 18* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
MP-58 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0 MP T-10 Black Satin 52/07, 56/12 & 60/08 Newport 2.5 MS 34" B330-S balls

looks pretty good actually.

this isn't new, look up "callaway marksman"

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Interesting, because not one person here has mentioned "puring" shots with this club, so either you're suffering from dementia, or you're an idiot. The only thing we've said is this thing is a gimick, and it's ugly. As a 25 handicap, I doubt you "pure" many shots period.

You told him!!!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Holy crap. That thing looks like someone took a black egg and cut it in half, then put it on a stick.

Brilliant!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Why is it a gimmick?
are hybrids a gimmick?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Why is it a gimmick?

Why? Because hybrids were designed to aid golfers who had trouble hitting long irons. Golfers who have trouble hitting

wedges ? At that point, you might be more interested in working on your swing than buying some "shank proof" half egg on a damn stick. A bad swing will be a bad swing, no matter what clubs you have in the bag. You want to get the clubs that match you, yes; I.E. a 20 handicap with blades, for example, is not doing himself any favors. But when you start to look for "shank proof" clubs, you're maybe buying a little too much into the forgiveness idea. This thing looks a little like a Shure 55.

Isn't this is same idea as the F2 wedge that I've seen on infomercials: http://www.f2golf.com/technology.html

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE=Shanks A Million;468610]Why? Because hybrids were designed to aid golfers who had trouble hitting long irons. Golfers who have trouble hitting wedges ? At that point, you might be more interested in working on your swing than buying some "shank proof" half egg on a damn stick. A bad swing will be a bad swing, no matter what clubs you have in the bag. You want to get the clubs that match you, yes; I.E. a 20 handicap with blades, for example, is not doing himself any favors. But when you start to look for "shank proof" clubs, you're maybe buying a little too much into the forgiveness idea.[QUOTE]

Well said!!
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Why knock it if you haven't tried it?

Like I said before, if it works for you then great! Just saying I wouldn't try it as I would assume most single digit handicappers wouldn't. They have a single digit handicap for a reason and probably see no reason to try something that is supposed to fix a flaw that they probably don't have. Now if you can find me a club that is guaranteed to get me out of the sand, you have yourself a sale!!

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Why? Because hybrids were designed to aid golfers who had trouble hitting long irons. Golfers who have trouble hitting

I'm pretty sure this thing is a chipper, and there is a market for chippers with big soles since normal wedges are easier to duff. BTW you're coming down pretty hard on this product for never having tried it.

I'm pretty sure this thing is a chipper, and there is a market for chippers with big soles since normal wedges are easier to duff. BTW you're coming down pretty hard on this product for never having tried it.

Hey, I've never tried slathering boiling hot oil all over my body and letting wild dogs lick it off, but I'm pretty sure I'd not like that either.

Besides, my wedges are phenomenal. How can you beat this?

Hey, I've never tried slathering boiling hot oil all over my body and letting wild dogs lick it off, but I'm pretty sure I'd not like that either.

With this:

PS: I don't have those yet, but they WILL be my next wedges. At $100 for the cast version, why not? Beautiful and customizable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Isn't this is same idea as the F2 wedge that I've seen on infomercials:

Yes indeed. I have the F2 “shank proof” sand and gap wedge. I’ve had every type of wedge and actually like these the best. With my pitch shots I wasn’t having trouble with shanks but with making consistent contact. I’m sure these aren’t for the touring pro but pitch shots are more about the confidence to accelerate through the shots so if a Black Magic, F2 or Turd on a Stick does it for you, go for it.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Isn't this is same idea as the F2 wedge that I've seen on infomercials:

You know what's funny? High handicaps like offset in their long clubs, but onset in their wedges. Good players are the exact opposite. Most good players prefer offset in their wedges so the leading edge is in line with the hosel. I can't even

remember the last time I shanked a chip shot.

Looks a bit like the Perfect Club Hybrid Wedge. That club was fun in the backyard but I never had the nerve to try it on an actual golf course.

I remember when the Perfect Club came out with the hybrid wedge. I have never actually seen one in person. I always wondered how they would handle a pitch shot from anything but fairway grass.

Now if you can find me a club that is guaranteed to get me out of the sand, you have yourself a sale!!

I have the club for you! I carry this club for one purpose and one purpose only: to get out of the freakin’ sand trap and on the green, somewhere, in one stroke.

http://www.mggolf.com/irons.asp?ru=0...&shopping;=&f;=c

Note: This thread is 2212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!