IGNORED

Your Favorite Driver?

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

nike 5000/ matrix code 6 x in candy green. the face was so closed i literally couldnt miss right with it, but it hit huge, low spin draws...with the ocassionaly huge hook ;)

Haha, gross! I would hate that driver. If anything, I like a driver that doesn't want to go left so I can try to hit a nice draw without fearing the duck hook. To each his own...

If I were in the market for a new driver I would be looking at either a Ping G15 or i15.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a big fan of Ping drivers and I used a TiSi Tec 8.5 for a number of years. I finally decided to get a new driver this year and looked at both the G15 and the Rapture. My brother suggested I demo the Callaway Diablo and although I was skeptical I tried it. The Diablo was the one I ended up buying. For me it had better feedback than the G15. Aesthetically, the shape of the Diablo is very disconcerting (reminds of the head of one of those aliens from the movie "Alien"), but I buy a golf club for what it can do for my game, not for what it looks like.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Update on my post, i just went out and bought the FT Tour. It's a perfect club.

Driver: FT Tour 9.5
Fairway woods: X-Fairway 3 and 5
Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.
Wedges: X-Forged '09 54-14 and Vokey Spin-Milled 60-7
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #8

Preferred Ball: Z-star Tour Yellow

In the Pockets: Ball, Ecotee, Switchblade Divot Repair tool, Pencil w/ Eraser.

After trying a number, I finally found one that I can hit with some consistancy. Callaway Big Bertha 2007 460. I aso use the 3w from the same line. Love em both.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

My favorite.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I've always been a big fan of Ping drivers and I used a TiSi Tec 8.5 for a number of years. I finally decided to get a new driver this year and looked at both the G15 and the Rapture. My brother suggested I demo the Callaway Diablo and although I was skeptical I tried it. The Diablo was the one I ended up buying. For me it had better feedback than the G15. Aesthetically, the shape of the Diablo is very disconcerting (reminds of the head of one of those aliens from the movie "Alien"), but I buy a golf club for what it can do for my game, not for what it looks like.

Hit the diablo yesterday during a round. I really didn't like the way it looked, an alien head describes it well. The feel was awesome though.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I have been using TaylorMade drivers exclusively for the last 4-5 years, this year I went on a hunt for something else. I tried several drivers including the FT-iZ, Diablo Edge Tour, Ping G15 and I15, Cleveland DST and the Cobra ZL. For me, the ZL was the best fit, launch angle and direction were great, the sound is much better than in past years. I have never been a fan of Cobra drivers until now.

I've kind of settled into the Adams 9015d as my favorite driver. I like the look at address and taller clubface. The muted sound and feel is awesome, I can feel the face rebound when I hit one well. The low spin, mid flight is the best I've found for my swing as well, when well hit this thing seems to give me a solid 10yds over other combos.

I have been playing a 9.5* with Harrison Saga 70s shaft, I just today received the 9.5* Axivcore Black 79s that I picked up on Ebay...can't wait to hit it.

I'll probably start fiddling around with my i15/Axivcore Red as well, I think if I cut .5"-.75" off the shaft it could rival the 9015.

I'm still hunting for a head with the same characteristics as the 9015/i15 that isn't open face or weighted for fade bias, my miss is left so I need a low spin/square setup.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

My first two drivers were the Nike Ignite and SQ I hit them far but not very straight. I then switched to a TaylorMade driver and between the two i really like how I hit the TaylorMade. I have been curious about the Titleist drivers. I was wondering if anyone has hit both the Titleist and Taylormade drivers and which did you pick and why thanks.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

To me the Titleist drivers are very traditional, nothing special. Its got the basic head shape and they have different shafts you can use. Some people really like them but to me they werent anything special like how much I like their irons.

My Titleist 905R driver is the best and longest driver I have ever hit. I have always been a decent driver of the golf ball...but this one took me to a new level. I can shape it both ways or just hit it straight. Very long. Best thing is, found it in the used section at Golf Galaxy for $65. Looked like it had never been hit.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

LBlack14, that thing looks menacing. Coincidently, I watched Caddyshack 2 last Friday where Jackie Mason used his "12 guage" driver.

I've tried just about everything and this is what keeps the top spot.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I still have my Yonex Super ADX Titanium driver from circa 1997. It is not as forgiving as my current driver, but when I am hitting dead center of the face, that thing is freaky long - longer than my 07 Burner. Yonex is the most underrated club company, IMHO. Big in Japan but not so much anymore here in the U.S. I'd consider their current offerings if I could find a place that sells them.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

loving my DYMO Str8-fit... getting plenty of distance on off center hits.

909D2 / 10.5*

F11 / 15*

906F4 / 18.5*

910H / 23.25*

AP2 712 / 5-W

SM4 / 55*.12* & 59*.09*

Circa 62' No.6

I have 4 drivers in the arsenal:

My current favorite, the Ping I15 11 degree in my sig line, which goes high with a draw and is very, very hard to hook.

Last year's model, the G10 9.5 degree with a Grafalloy stiff shift that works very well some days until an occasional hook appears.

A Titleist 983 (traditional head, squared club face) with aGrafalloy regular shaft which, if hit on the screws, goes 9 miles, but which might go left if given the chance.

An ancient Ping i3 steelhead, 13 degree with a JZ Extra Shift steel shaft that is the straightest one I own and which I can hit off the deck like a mad man.

Sometimes I carry the I15 and the i3 instead of my 3 wood just in case I feel like launching a second shot on a par 5.

I've had the Ping G10 for just over two years now and I can't get rid of it. I am afraid I won't hit my next driver as straight. It's been through a lot of rounds, and I could probably use a new driver but I just can't dish out 300 dollars on something that won't be an improvement.

So right now I'd have to say I'm certainly satisfied with my G10.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!