IGNORED

My Swing (Comebackid)

ComebacKid
Note: This thread is 5095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, I'm going to work on a few of these things at the range and then post a video up to see if I'm making any progress. I have good luck with my swing right now, but since it is summer I have time to work on it for college golf season.

The Sticks:
Cobra S2 9.5| Nike Sasquatch 3 Wood | Cobra Baffler Hybrid | 4i & 5i Titleist AP2 | 6i-PW Titleist ZM MB | Ping Tour Wedges |
Scotty Cameron California Monterey | ProV1x | NIKE Carry Bag |

• Administrator
Agreeing that I flip the club, would fixing my head position and inside swing plane help take care of my flip? It doesn't need to be totally erased, but would those two factors help minimalize it?

I think that it will help, but it won't completely fix it, yes.

The difference I see with the OP's follow through and Tiger's is his left wrist. Tiger's is dead straight, the OP's is cupped. Tiger's wrists have rolled more, while the OP's have done something closer to casting.

Tiger's likely maintained his flying wedge a lot more, but it's tough to see in that picture. Rotation and flipping aren't the same - you're right about that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think that it will help, but it won't completely fix it, yes.

hey i pm'd you wtih a question retaining to this thread.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

My comments:

- The setup of the right knee. It looks like you have that angled inward and braced pretty hard throughout the swing. This was probably a means to keep from swaying off the ball because...
- The entire upper body makes a pretty big move off the ball (and thus moving the head back as well). It ends up as this odd squatting move on the backswing (head goes back and down).
- In the DTL view... not sure if you're trying to hit a fade, but are your feet lined up with the shoulders (feet look left)? Or is this your normal setup position?

What's your typical shot? A draw? With a hook being your miss? A lot of the things I see seem to be attempts at avoiding this miss (including the vertical club on the follow through).

Anyways, great swing... I'm jealous.

I was actually hitting fades at the time. I have a tendency to try and hit fades when im feeling comfortable with my swing and like it that way. When im setup to what feels normal to me though, I do hit draws.

Update:
The next time I show my swing on video I hope to have corrected alot of my head movement and get my swing a closer to back on plane. I have a problem with getting my swing back on plane and as I start feeling comfortable with it it starts creeping back into the inside like you saw in the video. I need to get my swing back on plane and develop a practice method that keeps it there. Thanks for the constructive criticism guys its helping me open up my eyes. It's nice to hear things from different people rather than the same old people I see everyday.

The Sticks:
Cobra S2 9.5| Nike Sasquatch 3 Wood | Cobra Baffler Hybrid | 4i & 5i Titleist AP2 | 6i-PW Titleist ZM MB | Ping Tour Wedges |

• Administrator
I need to get my swing back on plane and develop a practice method that keeps it there.

Steal a traffic cone. Put it off your back foot so the heel of your club would hit it if you don't take the clubhead out enough. Don't cheat by taking your hands out too - keep those going in. You can hit balls with it in place because you should always swing down well inside of it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have those colored sticks you can stick in the ground that you generally use for alignment. I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about, some pros and alot of low handicappers use them. Ill just stick it behind me on the angle of my plane. Would that work?

The Sticks:

I use those sticks as well. For me, where im aimed determines my path to the ball. I have a habit of aiming too far right, so ill either make some OTT move and hold off the face in a useless attempt to get the face on line, or ill just strait up pull hook the ball. I also saw something in your swing that i do is that i dont always rotate my hips properly on the back swing
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Lowes or Home Depot, Wood Dowels.. Great tool, i got three of them ;b

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 5095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!