IGNORED

My Swing (Comebackid)

ComebacKid
Note: This thread is 5095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to these forums. Now that I have more time on my hands with summer being here thought I would post a video of my swing up for you guys to look at. Let me know what you think.

The Sticks:
Cobra S2 9.5| Nike Sasquatch 3 Wood | Cobra Baffler Hybrid | 4i & 5i Titleist AP2 | 6i-PW Titleist ZM MB | Ping Tour Wedges |
Scotty Cameron California Monterey | ProV1x | NIKE Carry Bag |

Nice swing, back swing seems a bit quick but judging by your handicap and your age it seems to fit you well.

What was the result of the second swing looks like maybe a push ?

Nice shorts btw I have a similar pair
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

Yeah it was a slight push. My back swing does get quick sometimes and that's when a bad stroke will come during the round so I try to work on that. And the shorts are PUMA brand.

The Sticks:
Cobra S2 9.5| Nike Sasquatch 3 Wood | Cobra Baffler Hybrid | 4i & 5i Titleist AP2 | 6i-PW Titleist ZM MB | Ping Tour Wedges |

I hate that answer to things, there is no such thing as quick. Nick Price has one of the quickest swings in golf, probably faster than yours, and he's won majors and alot of tourniments. Don't get to worrying about being quick.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're right on there is no too quick. But when I get "quicker" than the tempo I'm used to, either due to nerves or whatever it maybe, then that's when my bad shots will come up once and awhile. But I agree with you on Nick Price's swing.

The Sticks:

man, you definitely come inside with the club. some guys are advocated for deep hands, but i find it easier to get on plane and hit consistently better shots with hands coming from farther outside. it eliminates that push 20 yards right of the target.

With regards to the down the line view,

You look a little close to the ball, might be why you block it right. I think this gets you stuck, you look a bit on your heels at addres. If you look at your tushline, you can see its on the edge of the tree in the distance (reference point) after address its closer to the ball, you want to maintain that position of the tush. I think being close to the ball is causing you to do this, instead of staying down on it.

Question, in this swing were are you thinking you are aiming? Out in the distance which tree?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

my friend took the video kind of at a goofy angle, but i am aimed at the trees right underneath my eyes.

The Sticks:

man, you definitely come inside with the club. some guys are advocated for deep hands, but i find it easier to get on plane and hit consistently better shots with hands coming from farther outside. it eliminates that push 20 yards right of the target.

sorry for the double post, but i dont really see myself coming inside "that severly".

The Sticks:

You dont come inside too much (IMO). Your swing looks very good, especially for your age. You do look just a taaaaaad off balance when the downswing starts, but that could be the funky angle too. Your swing reminds me a lot of Rickie Fowler to some extent. He gets in trouble when he gets a little too quick on his backswing to downswing transition as well. At your HC, you gotta be doing a lot right, and your swing shows it. Goodluck man!

• Administrator

1) Head has moved off the ball.
2) Hips haven't turned on their inclined plane.
3) Club has rolled to the inside. It's open a little bit but rolled well inside. Look at how far right of your target it's pointing.

a) Head is over your back foot at impact. You hit shots fat and thin and that's why you have to flip at the ball more than someone of your caliber of play should.
b) Rear knee has remained too flexed. Limits hip turn to the 2 degrees or so you get.

I sense that's the one you're going to debate the most, but there you go.

I think you come down under the plane quite a bit, too, but the frames go from well above P6 to well past P6, so I can't say.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Okay this is very helpful. I'm kinda confused on what your saying with the legs and the two degree angle so if you could explain a little more that would be great. I feel good about my swing plane other than it being inside at the takeaway, I seem to reroute it just fine on the way back down and am in good position. What can I do to work my head position throughout my swing and what would you suggest for me to be most concerned with?

The Sticks:

Did some research and I think youre wrong about saying I flip the club. I think you stopped my swing at the wrong position trying to say I was flipping at it. You stopped it quite aways after impact. Infact if thats a flip then I guess Tiger Woods is flipping too. MY SWING IS NOT SIMILAR TO TIGERS. Just looking at key positions.

Here would be a more correct position to see if I am flipping or not.

I may be flipping slightly, if anything. But nothing to worry about, IMO.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I do however agree with you on my head position being poor and taking it inside.

The Sticks:

Did some research and I think youre wrong about saying I flip the club.

Tiger does a lot of good things but his swing requires a flip right now because he's stuck beneath the plane. Tiger's plane is so far out to the right at times it's frightening.

You flip more than you should. So does Tiger Woods. Wake me when you have the timing Tiger does (which, btw, isn't always on and which leads Tiger to hit the ball into the right rough more than any other pro on the PGA Tour). And finally, we're not entirely sure if Tiger understands the ball flight laws - he rolls his wrists when he wants to hit a hook and that's not required and "bad advice" typically. Your head is back, which is part of the reason why you HAVE to flip. If you didn't you might swing right over the top of the ball. I'm in agreement here.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

The difference I see with the OP's follow through and Tiger's is his left wrist. Tiger's is dead straight, the OP's is cupped. Tiger's wrists have rolled more, while the OP's have done something closer to casting.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well that swing above is from 2009 i think, its the hanney swing. I really couldn't find a swing from Tiger's best year when he was with Harmon. Thats the swing you want to look at, I guess phil might be the best one to look at.

I believe the term used is being stacked at impact, is were phil is at in that image. Do notice how his head

He does get a bit of a bent forward knee at the top, but his head position is centralized really well.

Really his head doesn't travel back in his stance much.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

You flip more than you should. So does Tiger Woods. Wake me when you have the timing Tiger does (which, btw, isn't always on and which leads Tiger to hit the ball into the right rough more than any other pro on the PGA Tour).

First off, I never said I had the timing of Tiger. Infact I said are swing really aren't alike at all. Thanks though.

I guess I had the wrong view of what flipping was. Agreeing that I flip the club, would fixing my head position and inside swing plane help take care of my flip? It doesn't need to be totally erased, but would those two factors help minimalize it?

The Sticks:

Definetly head position... It will keep you more centralized over the swing. This way you have a better chance to have your center of mass to be over or ahead of the ball, making possible to strike the ball first. The flipping occurs because you are behind the ball and you need to flip to strike the ball or you will hit it fat or way thin.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 5095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!