Sign in to follow this  
michaeljames92

Official US Open Thread

Note: This thread is 3373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

364 posts / 27838 viewsLast Reply

Yeah, iPutt I agree. I mean, its day one. He has plenty of time to get himself evened out to be putting better later on. But from what I have seen, Tiger has potential to take it home. So does Watson, Westwood, Johnson, and Lefty. It is really anyones game ATM.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Pebble Beach has been difficult to score on today, but it hasn't been particularly penal, either. There have been no rounds in the 60s, but only five rounds in the 80s so far. The field is really packed together right now, and it's hard to count out anyone's chances yet.

I don't know but it's got too give him confidence for the next round.

It definitely seems like it. He just teed off on 13 with Driver. I believe that's 3 drivers in a row (not counting par 3s). Or maybe 3 of 5?

Pretty happy Paul Casey started off well today. He's one of my favorite golfers. Brandon

I know the course is set up pretty tough, but I've been pretty underwhelmed with the Golf today.We haven't seen all that many great shots.I'm sure the players are just getting used to tournament conditions out there and it'll improve.. but yeah, today was a bit of a dud in my opinion.

I know the course is set up pretty tough, but I've been pretty underwhelmed with the Golf today.We haven't seen all that many great shots.I'm sure the players are just getting used to tournament conditions out there and it'll improve.. but yeah, today was a bit of a dud in my opinion.

imo shots just dont look as good and exciting when they have to bounce before the green and run on which is happening on quite a few holes

There are a lot of "Sunday" hole locations being used today. I bet the pins will be more accessible tomorrow, and we'll see more birdies.

Actually, I think I was reading yesterday that many of the hole locations will be within just a few feet of each other all 4 days because they've dried out the greens too much and there are no other fair locations.

USGA at its finest. I just heard one of the USGA flunkies use the term "corrective watering" 6 different times in an answer to a single question. The greens look atrocious and it's only Thursday afternoon.

why did tiger hit a long iron off the last? He is 2 over and he can easily make it in 2, unlike tiger.

Disappointing round also, putted as bad as me, not even 1 birdie

Tiger just doesnt seem like hes putted all that great over the past year or 2. He still makes those 6-8 footers for par but I almost never see him make 15-20 footers anymore. In the past it seemed like he made them with some regularity (as regular as you can make a 20 footer anyway)

I think Tiger can get a little carried away with the missed putts. Oh boy, poor me, I missed another one, see?
Just because you keep hitting it to twenty foot doesn't mean you deserve to hole any of them. If you're hitting them were you want to and they don't go in, you're reading them wrong. If you're not hitting them where you want to and they don't go in, then it's technique.
He gets that look like he's disgusted and it's another round watching Tiger hating golf.
I watched McIlroys interview, and he said something like if he could watch anyone play golf it would be... (and he actually hesitated) Ishikawa. Spot on.
Tiger's a freak show now.

Note: This thread is 3373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!