IGNORED

PLaying Today (Weird Sighting)

Undr Par
Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my father duck hooked a shot that came head high 6 inches to the right of my head

This is my weirdest, and least proud golf moment. I was having a career-TERRIBLE round, likely to shoot ~110 (when my average is 80's-low 90's). I then tempted the golf gods by announcing out loud, "i can't play any worse than this."

Then on the same hole, i was attempting to play a greenside flop/pitch, and instead hit a low screaming shank about 60 degrees left of my intended target; i yelled "look out", but it struck my buddy on the edge of the green right in the head. The sight of bright red blood on a green is an odd one. He needed lots of stitches. (I did send him a box of personalized ProV1x's afterward out of guilt)

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

On mother's day a few years back, my step father, mom, brother, and I went golfing. My step father was at the tee box ready to tee off. My brother and I were sitting in the cart directly adjacent to him and my mom was in the cart next to us. We were sitting about 10 feet to the right of him and at most 6 inches in front of the ball. My stepfather swings and shanks a line drive right at us! My brother and I duck out of the way and my mom got nailed right in the face. She didn't break anything somehow. Probably the most memorable mother's day.

VDub pride

Weirdest thing that has happened to me was when I was teeing off.. a gopher came out of a hole 10 feet in front of the tee box.. dropping two... hitting three..

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I was playing at Fort Sill Golf Club several years ago down in Oklahoma. On the 15th hole, we hit our drives. But, before we could hit our approaches, we had to wait until two deer that were munching fairway grass moved.

On No. 16, we hit our drives and start toward the creek. I hear a funny growl, and out bounces a bobcat with the twisted ear tips. It looked at us for a moment, sniffed the air, and then ran back up 15 fairway. I imagine the bobcat was hunting deer.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A few weeks ago while wating to tee off, my playing partner and I hear this very loud screech from the adjacent tee box. There is a pond about 20 yards or so to the right and we look over there just in time to see a hawk dive down and grab a great white egret which is about 2 - 3 times the size of this hawk. The hawk then takes it to the adjacent tee box and proceeds to bite and peck and do whatever else it takes to kill this egret. After the egret stopped struggling, the hawk plucked every single feather off the egret and enjoyed his lunch. All this happened in a matter of less than 5 minutes. We both watched this hawk and finally looked at each other and said "Wow!" It was like a Natioanl Geographic moment or something.

A few weeks ago while wating to tee off, my playing partner and I hear this very loud screech from the adjacent tee box. There is a pond about 20 yards or so to the right and we look over there just in time to see a hawk dive down and grab a great white egret which is about 2 - 3 times the size of this hawk. The hawk then takes it to the adjacent tee box and proceeds to bite and peck and do whatever else it takes to kill this egret. After the egret stopped struggling, the hawk plucked every single feather off the egret and enjoyed his lunch. All this happened in a matter of less than 5 minutes. We both watched this hawk and finally looked at each other and said "Wow!" It was like a Natioanl Geographic moment or something.

i believe you should have recorded this on the scorecard as 2 birdies...

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

I was playing with my dad. He is teeing off and hit a low screamer that hits the ladies tee box market flush and comes straight back at his head at equal velocity. He put is hand up and caught the ball cleanly just before it rocked his face! A round ball hitting a round object and coming straight back to its starting point. I laughed my ass off!!!!

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

On the practice chipping/pitching green today there was this old guy pitching shots from 10 yards off the green. He was taking full swings at the pitches and he was pretty horrific. The only reason they didn't fly the green is because his back swing literally took 4-5 seconds to get to the top. I felt bad because I kept stopping to look at his shot to make sure he didn't shank one and kill me.

I had a similar life altering event like you Paz. I was playing with my brother who didn't play a lot of golf. We had both driven our balls left on a par five. his ball was about ten yards short of mine in a fairway bunker and my ball was further left in the rough at the tree line into the woods. I should have been safe standing by my ball seeing as the only place to go from here is right. Now I'm checking out my lie as my brother gets set to swing a five wood out of the bunker. I bend down to move a leaf away from my ball, as I do I feel something brush the hair on top of my head. It's my brother's duck hooked second shot grazing my hair. That was surreal! Because the ball brushed me as my head was in the downward motion to move that blessed leaf.

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

A month or two ago, I was out golfing on a very windy day. As we were waiting on the 9th tee (last hole of the 9-hole course) we had a few minutes to kill... glanced up toward the mountains and saw something flying up and down. After staring for a couple minutes, we figured out that it was a sun umbrella---the kind that covers a picnic table---flying a couple thousand feet in the air. It was up there for at least 10 minutes while we could see it, drifting up and down but probably a couple thousand feet up. Eventually it wandered its way eastward out of sight. I imagine there must be some house up in the hills whose residents are wondering what nutjob stole their patio umbrella...... but we know the truth.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Can you imagine being killed by your own father doing the thing you two love to do most together? :(

Some guy killed his own father a while back with an errant ball.

I once hit a hybrid club on a par 5, and hit it about 200 yards or so. Anyway, the ball lands directly on a little pyramid shaped concrete bit they use to keep the carts on the path, and literally rockets straight up into the air about 100 feet, and lands, bounces into the hazard.

I started playing at my home course at age 14. The course is government owned and operated. Technically it is an air force base and has its own simple barb wire fence and gates (not guarded though) I worked there as a cartboy/ranger/driving range assitant/proshop cashier/and maintnance person (mowing) from 16-about 20 years old. I performed CPR on 2 elderly gentlemen (one passed/one survived), watched a car accident that ended up against the 4th green. The greenskeeper shoot coyotes with a 12 gauge. Man caught tresspassing and held at gun point by MPs with M16s. Man running naked through the course. Couple caught having sex in the bunker on our par3 #2. And to confess, I even lost my virginity on that course when my then girlfriend surprised me with a visit after sunset at closing time (I locked the gate at night)
Not much fazes me anymore.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

Couple caught having sex in the bunker on our par3 #2.

IN the bunker? Geez, I can't even walk two feet onto the beach without getting sand in my rectum, and these two decided it would be wise to enter a bunker in an advanced state of undress?

I started playing at my home course at age 14. The course is government owned and operated. Technically it is an air force base and has its own simple barb wire fence and gates (not guarded though) I worked there as a cartboy/ranger/driving range assitant/proshop cashier/and maintnance person (mowing) from 16-about 20 years old. I performed CPR on 2 elderly gentlemen (one passed/one survived), watched a car accident that ended up against the 4th green. The greenskeeper shoot coyotes with a 12 gauge. Man caught tresspassing and held at gun point by MPs with M16s. Man running naked through the course. Couple caught having sex in the bunker on our par3 #2. And to confess, I even lost my virginity on that course when my then girlfriend surprised me with a visit after sunset at closing time (I locked the gate at night)

I've played there a few times, I'll never look at the 2nd hole the same again :) Weirdest thing that has happend to me, wasn't that weird, but I was actually at the former AF base on the East side of town and on the 9th hole i was about 60 yards away trying to hit a wedge. I didn't get under it at all hit a terrible shot that was sure to fly over the green. Just at that moment a bird was standing on the front of the green started to fly and my ball hit the bird. Feathers went flying, bird and ball went tumbling right next to the hole. Bird was dead but I had a tap in for birdie, my only of the day.

Aznando

Wonder if his wife does yard work in the buff? I've never really seen anything unusual on a golf course other than deer and turkey

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

The craziest thing I've seen was actually just a couple weeks ago. I watched a guy hit a 450 yard drive on a 540ish yard par 5. His drive was dead down the center of the fairway, about 270 out, hit a concrete yardage disk, bounced back up 30 yards in the air, another 80 or so yards forward, hit the cart path twice, and just kept going. He ended up with an easy wedge to 8 ft, and then putted in for Eagle.

I guess it's always better to be lucky than to be good.

Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!