IGNORED

Rangefinder Comparison

Note: This thread is 5103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

cant say ive used the Nikon, but i own the V2 (without slope) and love it
we have a Nikon DSLR, so the quality is phenomenal for sure

im sure u would be happy w either
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I just purchased the V2. I'll give impressions when i get it.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

How well do these work from say 200 yards? The reason I ask is because my cousin has been using one that his brother bought for hunting and once you get over 150 yards or so, it becomes almost impossible to get a reading.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are accurate to within a yard up to around 300 yards. The golf ones seek out the pin for you. Visit the nikon website where there is a great video demonstration.

That said I haven't used either myself as yet.

They are accurate to within a yard up to around 300 yards. The golf ones seek out the pin for you. Visit the nikon website where there is a great video demonstration.

Okay, that makes more sense than the one he was using. Thanks, I'll check out the website. I currently have a Skycaddie but my subscription is up for renewal and I was thinking about going to a laser now.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i almost bought a hunting one, but after a tonne of reading, the pinseeker tool was key
need a steady hand and without pin seeker i think it would be tough over 150 yds out

i have no problem reading a 230yd pin
anything over that and im not "pinseeking", i just wanna hit the damn green~~!! hahah!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Go test them in the Store? See which you like better.

I just switched from the Bushnell Yardage Pro to the Nikon Callaway LR550. Both are 6X however the Nikon finds the target sooo much faster and the readout is much easier to see.

Anyway I've just ordered a busnell medalist on ebay and since noone outbid me I ended up with a tour v2 also. So I can test both and sell one on.

I have used the V2 for a few rounds and just love it. From the tee I can hit bunkers, trees, landing areas, flags, etc. The pinseeker mode makes it easier. I have used it on the range for wedge shots and was able to get really good readings and from the fairway I can measure my drives by aiming at the ball washer or nearby tree.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 5103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!