IGNORED

Golf in Paris ?

Note: This thread is 5197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone ever play golf out in Paris?

My Dad has a business trip towards the end of July for about a week and I'm probably going with..

Never been to so yeah nor do I speak French so...could be some sort of roadblock but we'll see...But I guess what I'm looking for is any recommendations, experiences and any particular subtleties with US/Europe or France golf courses that I may encounter?

I actually play golf in Paris since I live nearby :) I'm not familiar with subtleties with US/Europe golf courses (I only play golf in Quebec) but I can give you some recommendations.

First of all, you will not find any golf courses in Paris, but in the suburb, like 10km from the center.

I suggest you look at the 'Golf National' where the french Open is played every year in July ( http://www.golf-national.com/index.aspx?news=80#anglais ) There are two 18 holes and a 9 hole. You can even register to play in the actual open conditions on the 'Albatros' course one week after the tournament. I also know some golf in the west suburb of Paris, like Ableiges golf club, Bethemont or golf La chouette, which are nice courses, near forest, and quite challenging.

If you have time, play in the week, not in week end, you will avoid the crowd and play cheaper.

Thanks for the feedback...Looks like I'm going to be right in the center of Paris in a 'touristy' location...

Yeah there aren't many golf courses just from looking at Google Maps...how big is Golf in France exactly ??

Anyway I'm not sure I'm going to even take my clubs, we'll see...especially if I go travel throughout the rest of France. It's exciting, regardless of golf, but I would love to play a couple of rounds with the metric system

but I would love to play a couple of rounds with the metric system

You can do that anywhere or any time you like. You'll just be doing your calculations in reverse.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I played a 9 hole course right in the middle of the city several years ago, but I cannot recall the name. It was quick and fun, with some nice views. Can't remember the name though . . .

there are quite a few different parcours(golf courses) in paris. some expensive, some inexpensive. there's a website called www.parisgolf.com which you might want to check out. it is in french, however. i've spent lots of time in paris and speak the language so if you let me know where you're staying and what your budget is, i can find you a course near where you're staying and make you a tee time. pm me if that sounds good to you.

personally, i'd recommend ''golf de st marc'' which is just outside of versailles, but if you want a nice view of paris while playing there's a place called ''paris country club'' which is in a place called st cloud. i think it might be private, but i can e-mail them for you and find out.

there are quite a few different parcours(golf courses) in paris. some expensive, some inexpensive. there's a website called

Thanks that's helpful. It looks like my trip has been postponed until the third week of August, so if I need that help I'm PM you closer to my trip. I'll be staying about a '10 minutes walk from the Champs-Élysées (not sure what that is) and pretty close to the Charles d Gaule Etoile...so yeah, doesn't look like there's very many courses around there.

I don't speak a lick of French (and I think I might want to try to keep it that way, so my social interactions with French people will be more...fun ) but Google Translator's been helpful, especially on a lot of these course websites...

Anyone ever play golf out in Paris?

If this is your first time visiting Paris, I would enjoy visiting the sites and forget about golf. Go visit Louvre, Musee Dorce, etc. There are lots of interesting and fascinating places to visit in Paris.

Also, if you do not speak Frech, do NOT even attempt to try to speak it. They hate it when foreigners mess up their language. Just speak English and you'll get more respect than trying to speak French when you can't. Just my 2 cents.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If this is your first time visiting Paris, I would enjoy visiting the sites and forget about golf. Go visit Louvre, Musee Dorce, etc. There are lots of interesting and fascinating places to visit in Paris.

Thanks...Yup, first timer...and I'll definitely be checking out a lot of museums (like the Lourve, where the Templar Knights treasure is, right??) and tourist locations. I've got a DSLR and I read soemwhere recently paris is one of the world's most photographable cities, if not the No.1 overall...so yeah, I'm definitely going to try to pack a lot in...

but...what can I say? Golf's a passion, so I'm definitely going to try and get a couple of rounds in regardless..

yeah, i'd agree with visiting musee d'orsay and the louvre. but OP, please ignore the part about not attempting to speak french. they absolutely appreciate an american who takes care enough to learn about their culture and their language before visiting. after all, how would you react if a frenchman came up to you and started asking you random questions in french? you'd probably ignore him, and that's precisely what they will do to you even though many of them speak english, and i don't blame them. to be completely honest, i had some obnoxious american tourists lambasting me with questions one afternoon in lyon where i used to live and i told them politely in my native texan accent that i didn't speak english(i know it sounds rude, but they were quite belligerent and embarrassing). at the very least, address them with ''bonjour monsieur/madame, je suis americain, parlez vous anglais?'' they will greatly appreciate that, as would you or i from a foreigner.

Note: This thread is 5197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!