IGNORED

Carrying Weapons (on the golf course)

6iron
Note: This thread is 731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I may have to bite the bullet...

You don't wanna shoot yourself in the foot though

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me when the snack cart girl said to me, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me".

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Was it a genuine compliment, or was she just firing blindly?

I remember that guy who killed 17 students in cold blood at a school in america.

If the students or teachers would have been carrying, ne would have killed one or two before they killed him

Minaic blowing up coffee shop: Iraq war fuelled by russia and

Iraq was was started by Iraq invading Kuwait. Al Queda started the other part when they attacked the Twin Towers and Pentagon killing over 3000 innocent Americans

If you give people power there's a chance they'll abuse it.

If I remember right, it was America's guns that kept all of you from becoming part of Germany in WWII

Was it a genuine compliment, or was she just firing blindly?

When I got home my wife knew I had been golfing because she found the receipt in my wallet...It was the smoking gun!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

ffempt

For a start Ireland was a neutral country in World War II so what America did on behalf of Ireland was strickly speaking not on behalf of Ireland. Not only that but Ireland was a country at the time considered occupied in the North by the British who were part of the allied alliance.

To suggest American guns kept England falling into German control is another matter but that is like expecting thanks for feeding your children. America entered the war late in 1941 and were part of the allied victory and that was the part they played.

The rationale for having guns in peacetime and war in completely different anyway. Funnily enough one of the exceptions to murder in law is when people are killed during a war so it's an exception to the point.

When I got home my wife knew I had been golfing because she found the receipt in my wallet...It was the smoking gun!

You;re excuses for it would of been like shooting blanks

You;re excuses for it would of been like shooting blanks

If she caught me lying I would get both barrels...

Jeeze, ogio makes a pocket for EVERYTHING don't they?

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

Well at least you gave it a shot in the dark

It's like playing Russian Roulette...

Whoever's more trigger happy loses

I don't have a problem at all with responsible gun ownership, and can see the value for home protection.

Have you ever read American Rifleman magazine? There is a section in there about robberies and different situation in which ACTUAL carrying persons use their firearm to effectively eliminate the threat. Every month people like me and you (probably not you since you don't carry) have used their firearm with effectiveness and prevented a robbery and possibly avoided a injury.

I'd rather have a handgun on me and not need one, then need one and not have one. If a handgun is drawn on me before I can reach my own firearm then no I'm not going to be a moron and try to pull on him. But if I do see a shady character approaching I will not hesitate to prepare myself for a potential conflict. Stay alert, stay alive.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

It's better to have and not need than to need and not have. My having a firearm doesn't magicly turn a fistfight into a gun fight unless I choose to. On the other end It can however completely disolve a situation before it ever gets physical.

So many illogical statements made out of pure fear and ignorance in this thread it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

A person with a gun in his bag is no more likely to shoot someone than he would be to smash a skull in with his 9 iron. The gun is a tool just like any other.

Not all of us play or live in urban areas. My course is a 15-20 minute drive at best from the nearest law enforcement station. I don't worry about getting robbed on my course, but out here in the country rabid wildlife is a fact of life at times and I'd rather not come face to face with a rabid coyote, skunk etc while walking with just a golf club.

If only we could be as non violent as the UK and other countries with a higher robbery per captia rate http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ies-per-capita

It's better to have and not need than to need and not have. My having a firearm doesn't magicly turn a fistfight into a gun fight unless I choose to. On the other end It can however completely disolve a situation before it ever gets physical.

Exactly, we definitely see eye to eye here.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

If you ever come across a rabid skunk you should you tube it. I wouldn't show yourself though if you are unable to defend yourself from the skunk with a an iron.:)

Note: This thread is 731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!