IGNORED

Golf Talk [Episode 038]

iacas
Note: This thread is 6440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I'm starting this thread to discuss the podcast. The show notes are located here and you can download the file directly from that page, or subscribe in iTunes, etc.

Jeff and I talked quite a bit about a few things on the Ryder Cup, but specifically, a lot of time was spent beating on Phil. Give it a listen and then talk about the show here - did you agree or disagree with parts?

I may start doing this for each show.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First off I have to say I look forward to your guys podcast each week, and I think you guys do a great job.

With that said I completely agree with the verbal beating you gave Phil in the latest podcast. I think he deserves a good slap upside the head after his less than respectable performance at the Ryder Cup. And while Phil definitely was the biggest dissapointment in the group, I will go as far as saying that no one on the US team played up to their expecation.

Tiger did get his share of the teams points, but even he was very "Un-Tigerlike" while getting them. He looked pretty sloppy most of the tournament imo.

I have to give credit where credit is due. The Europeans played better golf all weekend, and some of the shots they made were absolutely incredible.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

Good podcast! Completely agree with the beat down of Phil. I would hope two years from now he isn't on the team since he seems to suck the life out the of the party. Tom Lehman should have sat his fat rear down (or sent him home). I think verbal abuse would have been warranted on Toms (0-3-1) , DiMarco (0-3-1 - although it wasn't his fault he was stuck with having to put up with Phil's crappy play) and Furyk (2-3-0). Tiger went 3-2-0 but is the world's best player and was on a roll going into the Ryder Cup and should have done better. When your main guys don't play well, you can't win. This team was .

I also agree with the crappy tape delay garbage. Either tee off later or start the tv time earlier so I can watch a live event, LIVE. I would get up at 5:00 am to watch golf. (Funny how easy it is to get up early to watch or play golf but most difficult for anything else! )

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Tiger did get his share of the teams points, but even he was very "Un-Tigerlike" while getting them. He looked pretty sloppy most of the tournament imo.

Tiger doesn't play well at these team events. I think he's so used to relying on his own (amazing) game that leaning on others is tough. His putting surprised me... I saw him miss 3+ three footers over the weekend and he didn't miss

any putts of that length on the PGA Tour this season. Europe hit all the shots and the US hit none. Except for the too-little-too-late hole-in-one from Zach. Thanks for the props.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Tiger doesn't play well at these team events. I think he's so used to relying on his own (amazing) game that leaning on others is tough. His putting surprised me... I saw him miss 3+ three footers over the weekend and he didn't miss

You mean the hole-in-one from Scott Verplank? Never disrespect the accomplishments of an Oklahoma State Cowboy.

Tiger and Jim need to quit reading each others' putts. They are clearly more comfortable doing it on their own, so they need to let that rest. It wouldn't hurt my feelings either because it would take half as long to play the holes. Tiger and Jim on the greens made Padraig Harrington seem like a fast player. Oh yeah, great podcast as usual! I really need to sneak my way into a few of those. Then again, everyone reads my opinions every week. Listening to them may be too much for The Sand Trappers.

You mean the hole-in-one from Scott Verplank? Never disrespect the accomplishments of an Oklahoma State Cowboy.

Yeah Verplank. Forgot. I try to put Oklahoma State players out of my mind.

Tiger and Jim need to quit reading each others' putts. They are clearly more comfortable doing it on their own, so they need to let that rest. It wouldn't hurt my feelings either because it would take half as long to play the holes. Tiger and Jim on the greens made Padraig Harrington seem like a fast player.

Good observation. The thought of Tiger reading his own putts occurred to me before and I think it would be a great way for him to take care of his own business. Same goes for the rest of the American chops.

Oh yeah, great podcast as usual! I really need to sneak my way into a few of those. Then again, everyone reads my opinions every week. Listening to them may be too much for The Sand Trappers.

You know what they say? "Tell them what you're going to say, say it, and tell them what you just said." Nothing wrong with repeating yourself.

thank God he holed it out... avoided missing a putt.

How true. How painfully true.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Note: This thread is 6440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!