IGNORED

What Golf Ball do you play?

Radford Wooly
Note: This thread is 4012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Golf Ball Do You Play?

• Nike
    • Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Bridgestone
    • Other

I play Bridgestone. Moved from the e6 to the B330-RX. The e6 is a great ball but I have fallen in love with the B330-RX. I've been using the same RX ball for 2 straight rounds now and it's got hardly a nick on it and it still does what I need it to do. I want to try the B330-RXS and see what difference I can get out of it (would be nice to have a better spinning ball for a few courses I play that have hard greens).

It's important for me to play a consistent ball so if I find any on the course I give them away.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's important for me to play a consistent ball so if I find any on the course I give them away.

My sister has OCD too, but unfortunately she's not a golfer.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

been testing quite a few this year
really liked the TM LDP Black's, but i see they are now discontinued
so i am now trying the Cally Tour ix's
really like these, they click nice off the putter face and have a good amount of spin around the greens for me

used the Srixon Trispeed's for a godo chunk of this year, but as my index got lower, i needed something w a little more bite
it doesnt check quite enough for me on shorter shots, but overall a great ball
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

• 2 years later...
Other. Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow. I love the feel, the spin and how much easier they are to spot than traditional white golf balls.

U did not find a problem with the color hitting it? ?

Top Flite Gamer V2 all the way.  My game isn't to where it's going to matter all that much, and since I've found that buying "mint" balls online is a hit or miss proposition, I am going with these because they are new, well reviewed, and I like the look and feel of them.  Nothing physiological about, pure psychology, but hey, that's golf in a nutshell.

I grab 3 dozen shipped off rockbottomgolf for $36ish shipped.  Can't beat that.

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

Top Flite Gamer V2 has been in my bag for a year now.  For the amount that I play its a heck of a good ball at a really good value.  I can stop my short irons on the green and hit my driver plenty long, so until I develop a much better game the Gamer is fine for me.  I think that the ball is great and is worth more than it costs.  I haven't tried the new Urethane version but I understand that for $25 it's an even better ball.

I bought 1500 golf balls for $80 from a guy who works as a starter at a local course - he evidently knows where to look.  They are of many varieties.  In a general sense, I don't know if I am sensitive enough to feel much of a difference in any of them - except that Pro V1's bite the green more than others.  Other than that, the best I can tell the quality of the ball is of very little consequence compared to how well you hit it.  I shot my best score with a Pinnacle -  or maybe it was a Tommy Armour.  Nothing on that list for sure.

There was something interesting about the lot of 1500 though.  By a long shot - the two most common brands in the batch were Top Flite and Titleist.  It was about even with those.  But no close 3rd.  The next closest brand was probably Nike or Maxfli or Wilson.  But all of the brands combined didn't make up the quantity of just the Top Flites.  I'm not sure what that says about golfers - or maybe about golfers who lose balls.  But I thought it was interesting.

Taylor Made TP5 Taylor has a lot of new golf balls but this works for me. When chipping the Titelist pro v1 black spins more for me. The brigestone ball seems a little soft and jumps off my putter which I don't like

I really like the bridgestone e5s. I used to play the e6s but switched to the e5s for better control around the green.

TM Penta TP

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Being that I really can't put great spin in balls that specialize in spinning, I use simple Intech Beta TI balls. They were $20 for 16 and I have yet to find a flaw. Other than that, it's the mixed bin at Sports Authority where each ball is $0.95.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

Any of the $10/doz balls from Target. Usually the Noodle+.

I found a Noodle at the range last weekend. Shanked it into the woods.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

Note: This thread is 4012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!