IGNORED

now i want a range finder...

Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any smartphone

I meant what app. I have a motorola droid if that helps.

Thanks

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And this is why majority of all golfers think they hit the ball farther than the really do. You thought it was 130ish, hit it 30 yards long so that obviously means you hit it 160 with a PW, right? lol. Not saying you thought this of course, just a general statement as this is how a lot of golfers calculate their distances.

oh I completely agree. I was honestly puzzled. I know my distance from years at the range and years of being on the course. I knew on a well hit shot, my PW is a 130 yard club, no way in hell I'd be hitting it 160. As soon as I saw that ball take off, I thought "jesus christ, did I grab the wrong club?" checked club, nope. I was honestly puzzled but knew yardage must've been off right off the bat. The range finder confirmed it.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Yep most course distances are not correct, especially from the tee. There is a par four that some reach the green on my course that says it is 336, when it is actually 280.lol And it is a real nice Pete Dye course. But, the distances labeled in the ground is usually better.

So now we know where to hit a 330 yds drive

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

My playing partner took his range finder out to find that the pin was just 100 yards away. Guess I should've known better from eye sight but the sun was going down and I was in a hurry ... range finder will be my next purchase.

I have the Golfshot app on my iPhone, I am not using it much, it is working very nice, but I don't like the handling, it has a lot of features, etc., but pffff it is like working at the course aswell.

A rangefinder is a much better instant tool and not only to find out the distance to the pin, I used one (from one of my buddies) to make a detailed sheet of all holes at our course and now I know about all distances within about 3 - 5 yds. Having one myself ..... sure, whenever you play another course than your homecourse, you'll be playing like a longtime member at any course....... and I am sure it is a better investment than the next driver !!!

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Actually, I'm wondering if anyone has a laser rangefinder with the slope feature. I know it's not legal for competitive play, but I'd think it would help a lot with finding the best yardage to aim for. Is this nifty feature worth it or are you close enough with a straight shot number and guessing the elevation changes?

oh I completely agree. I was honestly puzzled. I know my distance from years at the range and years of being on the course. I knew on a well hit shot, my PW is a 130 yard club, no way in hell I'd be hitting it 160. As soon as I saw that ball take off, I thought "jesus christ, did I grab the wrong club?" checked club, nope. I was honestly puzzled but knew yardage must've been off right off the bat. The range finder confirmed it.

LOL. Yeah that's always a great feeling when as soon as you make impact you're thinking "Ohh Lord... that's long."

Actually, I'm wondering if anyone has a laser rangefinder with the slope feature. I know it's not legal for competitive play, but I'd think it would help a lot with finding the best yardage to aim for. Is this nifty feature worth it or are you close enough with a straight shot number and guessing the elevation changes?

Funny. this is one thing I would rather not have. I dont nede a device telling me the flags 150 away when it's 170. Whether its downhill or not. Id rather guess at that..

and I am sure it is a better investment than the next driver !!! <_--- Very true

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!