IGNORED

now i want a range finder...

Note: This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So usually...i tend to be a trusting person. So when the scorecard says its 130 yards from the tee box to pin, I usually think "probably not the most accurate but its gotta be somewhere around there right?"

I grabbed for a PW and hit it dead straight. It went over the green by about 30 yards...

My playing partner took his range finder out to find that the pin was just 100 yards away. Guess I should've known better from eye sight but the sun was going down and I was in a hurry...

range finder will be my next purchase.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Yep most course distances are not correct, especially from the tee. There is a par four that some reach the green on my course that says it is 336, when it is actually 280.lol And it is a real nice Pete Dye course. But, the distances labeled in the ground is usually better.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I've always kept it in mind that the distances are not correct but USUALLY its within 10 yards or so from my experience. I know they move the tee box around back and forth from time to time so I expected it to be somewhere in the 130 yard range...really didn't expect to see a 30 yard difference.

but man...range finders are expensive!

but man...range finders are expensive!

do you have a decent phone that has apps you can download? if so, check some golf gps apps out. Im demoing one that looks pretty good and its only 4.95 to download after you demo. havent used it yet but I was like a mile away from a course at work that it said I was like 2,000 yards away from the green there, and thats about right. tells you front center and back of green and has many other features

do you have a decent phone that has apps you can download? if so, check some golf gps apps out. Im demoing one that looks pretty good and its only 4.95 to download after you demo. havent used it yet but I was like a mile away from a course at work that it said I was like 2,000 yards away from the green there, and thats about right. tells you front center and back of green and has many other features

yeah I have an iphone which I've downloaded a couple different golf apps from. the reason I didn't stickw ith it is because I hate carrying my phone around so I usually leave it in my bag or car when I'm on course. I work in biz development consulting so I get WAYYYYYYYYYYY to many phone calls, emails, and texts to be carrying around on course.

I was however partnered up with a guy a month or so ago who had one on his iphone and he was showing it to me...looked pretty cool and he said it was very accurate, forgot the name of the app though.

I just bought a range finder a couple of weeks ago.. I'm glad I made that purchase. The wife and I both benefit.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

i have used mine for just over a month or so.....like my sig says - "no more guessing"
my course is marked horribly, this has EASILY taken 2-4 strokes off my game AND i now know what each one of my irons will go to a yarage within 2 yds or so
best investment ever
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I pulled the trigger on a Bushnell 2 months ago. It is awesome. Love being able to shoot a distance to a certain part of the green.

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

yeah I have an iphone which I've downloaded a couple different golf apps from. the reason I didn't stickw ith it is because I hate carrying my phone around so I usually leave it in my bag or car when I'm on course. I work in biz development consulting so I get WAYYYYYYYYYYY to many phone calls, emails, and texts to be carrying around on course.

I think you can just put the phone on airplane mode while playing. I dont think you can receive phone calls, texts, or emails in airplane mode. There is also a setting on most apps where it will shut off in between using the gps to save battery. something to think about anyway

Being born and raised in Alabama I have hunted my whole life. Knowing yardage is very important when hunting with a gun and bow so I'm pretty good at measuring yardages with my eyes. That being said I get fooled sometimes so my Bushnell range finder does come in handy.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

I think you can just put the phone on airplane mode while playing. I dont think you can receive phone calls, texts, or emails in airplane mode. There is also a setting on most apps where it will shut off in between using the gps to save battery. something to think about anyway

i'll definitely check it out. thanks fo rthe suggestions.

my dad recently came to the US and bought 2 Leupold GX4's to take home to Korea with him. He emailed me awhile ago and talked about how awesome it is. Maybe i'm just green with envy but now i really want one!

Which one? I want one but I want the right one. And I want to be able to track my shots, Fh, GIR, Putts etc..

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really want a range finder, but I just can't justify dropping upwards of 400 bones on it. There are so many other things that amount of money can buy which would be so much more useful day to day, as well as to my household. You can see that as half way to a new 42" tv or a computer or tools like that. I can't dump that much cash on something so selfish. Maybe someday.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Buying the V2 was the best investment in my game that I have ever made. You will not regret it.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

So usually...i tend to be a trusting person. So when the scorecard says its 130 yards from the tee box to pin, I usually think "probably not the most accurate but its gotta be somewhere around there right?"

And this is why majority of all golfers think they hit the ball farther than the really do. You thought it was 130ish, hit it 30 yards long so that obviously means you hit it 160 with a PW, right? lol. Not saying you thought this of course, just a general statement as this is how a lot of golfers calculate their distances.

I really want a range finder, but I just can't justify dropping upwards of 400 bones on it. There are so many other things that amount of money can buy which would be so much more useful day to day, as well as to my household. You can see that as half way to a new 42" tv or a computer or tools like that. I can't dump that much cash on something so selfish. Maybe someday.

there r lots of good deals out there bro

i got mine for $200 shipped brand new in the box from wrx
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

if I didnt have a smartphone that could work as one then I could see spending 200 on one but if youve got a phone then try out the apps before you drop money on one. I mean thats why smartphones cost so much and you pay for service.

Note: This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!