IGNORED

My Swing (Zeph)

Zeph

(edited)
11 hours ago, iacas said:

Welcome back!

Evolvr.com?

Thanks! Evolvr, for sure. My indoors setup is pretty close to ready. I want to add a few more lights as it's a pretty dark place to begin with (old barn). Plan to use my iPhone 14 Pro, 720p 240 FPS. I think I got a tripod somewhere, but I nail everything down so I'll make a small box I can just plop the phone into. That way I know it's always in the same spot and level. How does the setup look in terms of angles and stuff. 

I don't use the full extreme end of it, and that's probably dipped to 75% or so nowadays. But I use the sole more than I don't, yeah.

Also… it's good to learn this shot:

I saw that topic and bookmarked it for later. A technique where you want the head to move forward and down? I've been doing that for twenty years! (not on purpose) 😛 Looks fun, I'll certainly try it out.

Look at the GC3. You can find them for really good prices sometimes.

£7000. That's certainly "down the line". What would be a good price?

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Do your research first and if you’re still interested in the Mevo I can sell you mine for less than that.

Thanks. I'll probably hold off until at least winter comes and see where we're living at that point. For the next six months I'll combine indoor practice with the range, which helps.

Bilde 08.05.2024, 15 14 52 (1).jpg

Bilde 08.05.2024, 15 14 52.jpg

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

The angles look fine. Get as much light as you can on the area — you want the highest shutter speed you can get. Less blur.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good tip. You can’t set the shutter speed manually on the built-in camera app on an iPhone, but it’s possible with a different app. I bought the ProCam 8 ($9.99), where you can set everything manually. For videos, I can set it to a maximum of 1/1600-1800.

I tried 60 and 240 FPS, and even at 60 FPS the video is much better with higher shutter speed than the built-in app where you can’t control the shutter speed. You can see the face angle in every frame, while on the built-in app with 240 FPS the entire club is a blur. And that’s with only a pair of portable LED work lights.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Good tip. You can’t set the shutter speed manually on the built-in camera app on an iPhone, but it’s possible with a different app. I bought the ProCam 8 ($9.99), where you can set everything manually. For videos, I can set it to a maximum of 1/1600-1800.

I tried 60 and 240 FPS, and even at 60 FPS the video is much better with higher shutter speed than the built-in app where you can’t control the shutter speed. You can see the face angle in every frame, while on the built-in app with 240 FPS the entire club is a blur. And that’s with only a pair of portable LED work lights.

That sounds good. And, yeah, the default camera app tries to take in as much light as possible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The good part first. Short game has improved a lot. Not that it took much to improve, and there’s still work to do, but I feel more confident. It’s fun to practice.

“Soft hands” has become an important element when working on chipping and pitching. When I set up for a chip with ball in the middle, leaning forward, loading the club a little in the transition, the hands doing too much is almost the only thing that can go wrong. For the pitch I want the hands even less involved, but it feels like a softer grip and being less handsy helps on chipping as well.

Now, full swing. I now remember what it was like playing with a slice. “Slice” to me is like “Voldemort” to the wizards. It’s absolutely abysmal. I can take a fat or thin shot, but a slice is the worst. Getting my path sorted out is sorely needed.

I have signed up for Evolvr again and trust they will help me get there. I see a lot of issues I’ve worked on before. I’ll take it a step at the time in whatever order they recommend.

Backswing is too long, rotating the shoulders too much, not getting enough weight forward, not extending through the downswing, pulling, slicing. I’m very happy to be able to use Golf Evolution for this work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Grip

More in the fingers, left hand knuckles closer to parallell with shaft. Feels like a big change.

Setup

Shifting weight more forward to the balls of the feet and more bent over. Trying to get the hips closer to the ball so the middle of the hips is more over the ankles. Haven’t quite found the balance yet in the swing, but there are probably moving parts reponsible for that as well.

Still a very mixed bag of shots, but generally an improvement. More shots around straight, a few that might have been small push-draws. Still some bananas going right.

Clubface is varying a lot at impact, perhaps partly because of the grip change, but the flip isn’t helping either.

Here’s an image to show the difference in torso angle at setup (yellow), shaft angle at setup (red) and shaft angle on the way down (green).

IMG_2031.jpeg