IGNORED

Brain Teasers & Riddles

ks8829
Note: This thread is 4976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Enter your brain teasers and riddles:

1) What 5 letter words contains 4 personal pronouns?

2) Can you see farther in the day time or night time?

3) Why are man holes round?

4) What is heavier a ton or lead or a ton of feathers? best to ask while riding an elevator

5) Say "shop" 5 times and then spell "shop" . What do you do when you get a green light?

6) Say "ten" 5 times and then spell "ten". What are aluminium cans made out of?

Answer
1) usher, us, her, she he
2) night time, you can see as far as the stars.
3) so they will not fall in the hole and you can easily roll them around.
4) both are a ton, different when you hear it rather than read the questions
5) most people will say stop because they just repeated shop.
6) most people will say tin because they just repeated ten.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

3 gallon contain and a 5 gallon contain with unlimited supply of water, how do you get 4 gallons of water?

Answer:
1) fill 3 gallon
2) pour into empty 5 gallon
3) fill empty 3 gallons container with the water filled 5 gallon container with only 3 gallons
4) you are left with one gallon in the 5 gallon container
5) fill the 3 gallon contain with water and pour it into the 5 gallon contain with 1 gallon already in the container and you have 4 gallons total.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Answer:

If you did that, you would just be moving the water from the 3 to the 5 and back to the 3.

You fill up the 3 gallon container and pour the 3 gallons into the 5 gallon container. You fill the 3 gallon container back up, and pour it into the 5 gallon container again, but only using 2 gallons to fill it. You empty the 5 gallon container and pour the 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon container into the five gallon container. Then you fill the 3 gallon container back up and pour it into the 5 gallon container and you have 4 gallons.

• Administrator
You fill up the 3 gallon container and pour the 3 gallons into the 5 gallon container. You fill the 3 gallon container back up, and pour it into the 5 gallon container again, but only using 2 gallons to fill it. You empty the 5 gallon container and pour the 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon container into the five gallon container. Then you fill the 3 gallon container back up and pour it into the 5 gallon container and you have 4 gallons.

That works.

Or, you fill the five gallon container and pour it into the three, so you have 3/3 and 2/5. Dump the three out. Put the two gallons into the three so you have 2/3 and 0/5. You fill the five gallon jug again and use it to top off the 3 - leaving 3/3 and 4/5. The four gallons is in the 5 container.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is as big as an elephant, the same size as one, but weighs much less?
A man sees an ostrich egg float down a river. Where did it come from?

Its shadow
An ostrich......duh
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

If a plane crashed on the border of Nevada & California where do you bury the survivors in California or Nevada?

Answer: you do not bury survivors

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Man goes into a hardware store to buy an item for his house. He sees that he ca buy 1 for $1, 10 for $2, or 100 for $3. What was he buying?

Answer: Address number plates for the outside of your house.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

A chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half. How long does it take 2 chickens to lay 32 eggs?

24 days? Unless this is some kind of joke I don't get.

Some of these are pretty funny

This first time i swung a golf club was on 5/8/10....

Driver: M85T 9.5 Stiff
Wood: Black Max 3W
Hybrid: MHT 3H Irons: Black Max 5-PW, SWWesge: 52*Putter: Black Max Putter

1. How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky? Looeeville or Luuuvul?

2. A rooster lays an egg on a peak of a roof, which side does it roll off on?

1. Frankfurt is the capital of Kentucky
2. Neither side, roosters can't lay eggs

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

How many cubic feet of dirt is on a hole 3' x 3' x 3'???

NONE, it's a hole!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

The joke either got me or you...

What's a chicken and a half?

Anyways, assuming it means 1.5 chickens, then 1.5 chickens can lay 1 egg in 1 day. That's because 1.5 eggs/1.5 days = 1 egg/1 day = rate that 1.5 chickens can lay eggs. So 2 chickens would lay 1.333 eggs a day (1.5/1 = 2/1.333), and thus take 24 days (32/1.333 = 24). Well... this is how I figured it.

What's a chicken and a half?

A chicken and a half is a 12 piece from Popeye's.

Since there's no such thing as half a live chicken (nor are there fractional eggs), the going rate is 1 egg per day per chicken. 2 chickens would take 16 days to lay 32 eggs in total. Also - I'd imagine that an elephant sized balloon would also be lighter than a real elephant.

How many cubic feet of dirt is on a hole 3' x 3' x 3'???

I realize it's a minor typo, but 'on' and 'in' makes a pretty big difference with this one. For example, the dirt that used to be 'in' said hole could now be sitting 'on' top of a piece of plywood covering the hole.

In which case, I believe the answer would be 27.

Note: This thread is 4976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!