IGNORED

Jerkoffs on the green

jetsknicks1
Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know the type of people who do that. I used to play with a guy in high school that had quite the temper. I recall seeing him toss an iron in a creek and throw a putter and almost hit a guy in the teeth. However, I played with him recently and he missed a putt from about a foot out and took a large backswing right over the hole. Of course he hit the edge of the cup and peeled about 7 square inches of green up.

Shouldn't have let him live..... period.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shouldn't have let him live..... period.

Agreed!

I can't stand it when people don't/can't take care of the course... If they had any idea what goes into keeping them nice and playable they may change their tactics, but for the most part this goes back to ethics and respect... some people have none! These same people will bitch and complain about raising fees too... AND THEY ARE THE CAUSE!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

The course I play at has sand buckets on pretty much every tee box. They never get used. I rarely make a divot on the tee box, but when I do, I grab a big scoop full of sand and just fill every divot I see on the way to mine.

The sand bucket is right there, people! Use it!

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

we had a friend take a HUGE chunk out of the green like a week before the Telus world skins
we freaked at him it was so riddiculous

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

It isn't just a golf issue. People that can't control their anger need to be held accountable in all situations. If you get that pissed over a game like golf, I can't imagine what you do to your kids when they misbehave...

It isn't just a golf issue. People that can't control their anger need to be held accountable in all situations. If you get that pissed over a game like golf, I can't imagine what you do to your kids when they misbehave...

I throw mine out of moving vehicles into oncoming traffic... That'll teach them! Hahaha

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Yea a couple weeks ago my buddy and I were playing a friendly round at the course down the road and in the foursome in front of us this one guy all day was literally SCREAMING obsenities all day long when he hit bad shots, like so loud that on the tee of the 17th par 3 we could hear him swearing on the green ahead as if he were standing right next to us. He was also throwing clubs and acting like a moron. So we called the clubhouse while waiting on the tee and they said they'd have a word with him. Lol, we get to the 18th fairway, this group is still on the green and just behind the green on the cartpath I see a course ranger sitting in his cart, haha. Don't know what he said to the guy but it sure felt good to see him just waiting there!

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Play in a small league on Sundays. We were the 2nd group to go off today and as we teed off on 12 we saw that a slower group let the group in our league play thru. We get to the 12th green and theres a big hole/divot right in front of the hole! We all look at it and come to the conclusion that somebody ahead of us got pissed off about missing a putt and swung his putter at the ball and took out a chunk of the green, we look off the green and sure enough, there's the guy's Top Flight sitting on the other side of the path.

I agree with you; unfortunetly it seems words like respect, accountability, integrity and honesty are only words and really have NO meaning in the modern world. Kind of speaks to where we are at as a society doesn't it.

I know this happens all the time but we had a teenager who thought it would be funny to take his car and do donuts on the green. Well during his "fun", his car got stuck and he had to walk home. Of course when the police came, they were easily able to track down the culprit. $20,000 in damages his parents had to pay. Ouch!!!!

At the very same course where the guy I played with took the huge chunk out of the green, something like this happened shortly thereafter. I think it was a group of people on ATVs. The course is part of Chickasaw State Park, so they were most likely trail riding and found their way onto the course. Instead of turning around and heading back, they thought it would be clever to rut up all the greens on the back 9 and do some damage to the fairways as well. I believe is was something like $100,000 in damage and the people ended up getting caught in the end.

That course used to be so nice. It was the cream of the crop in my area. But, it was losing money due to its remote location and high prices and ended up being bought by the state of Tennessee. It shortly went downhill. It surely wasn't helped by the ATV fiasco, the maintenance manager who killed all the greens one year, the fungus the greens got the year before that, and the bugs that ate the greens the year before that. I actually played there yesterday afternoon and it was only $10. I figured out why in a hurry. There is literally no grass on the greens. Could this whole string of events been started by my buddy that dug a chunk out of the green? Nah. Probably not, but, there is that chance... Maybe you guys are right. Maybe I should have killed him right then and there

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!