IGNORED

Your favorite Professional Golfer.

Jarno
Note: This thread is 6031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mike Weir is pretty much a golf God in Canada..so he goes without saying for me.

Why aren't you a "fan of Tiger"?

I'm just curious, being as it is he's done so much for the game and the youth?
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really anyone who is more fun to watch than Long John Daly?? He's not the best golfer, or the classiest guy but he's fun to watch!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Ugh, I love and hate this topic at the same time. Because, yes, I am a "Tiger fan" but to my credit, I was a fan since the 94' Amateur victory. So I consider myself a "non-bandwagon fan" But I do have others, the late Payne Stewart, Adam Scott, Jim Furyk, Loren Roberts (now an old fogey), and Craig Stadler makes me laugh whenever he plays.

Being an Aussie, I am cheer for all Aussies in this order:

Adam Scott - Not just because he is an Aussie but becaise he does have an awesome swing and is great to watch. I hope he can win a bit more especially a major so he can get the results to match his talent.
Stuart Appleby - Another good golfer and bit of a larrikan
All other Aussies, I am even warming up to Badds.

I have always appreciated Ernie Els not just because he is a great golfer but because he plays all over the world. He has always tested himself in all conditions by playing everywhere.

Tiger goes without saying, it's amazing what he can do.

I am not fond of Phil Mickelson but I do love watching him play his short game.

PS MAybe this should have been a poll!

If Tiger didn't exist...

Ernie Els (effortless power)
Chris Dimarco (tenacious attitude)
Gary Player (style and fitness - before it was the "in thing")
Moe Norman (I have his grip)

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Bubba Watson
Luke Donald
Adam Scott

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Back when i was first taking up golf David Duval was the man. He was #1 in the world, looked cool on the course (sunglass tan and all) and had one of the sweetest looking swings. Since winning the British he has fallen of the face of the earth and i'm not sure if i would pick him to be on my team in my clubs annual golf scramble (of course i would).

But i am loyal and in the end i will root for him as long as he picks up a club. Yeah he's in a terrible slump, but hell i root for the Cleveland Browns as well and they haven't done anything in decades.

As far as golfers i like to watch: Mickelson, Els and any unknown who is winning a tournament.

When I was starting out in golf, Duval was at his peak and was truly the man...I even copied his swing and tried a strong grip and everything. After him I like Vijay Singh for his work ethic and rhythm (he also let me walk with him for 3 holes during a practice round here in Westchester in NY and I haven't forgotten that.) Ernie also for his swing. Couples because he seems like such a swell chap. Starting to like Geoff Ogilvy now, but the man has a horrendous taste in clothes. Obviously, Tiger too.

So in no particular order:

1. Tiger
2. Duval
3. Singh
4. Couples
5. Els
6. Ogilvy
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

Go the Aussies - has to be Adam Scott, but I may be a little bit biased! I am also a huge fan of Stuart Appleby, he has been through quite a lot in his life and has managed to continue to be a very nice guy.

It was a shame last weekend that he through away the Masters win, I thought he was home with the win.

BigDog (Jase)

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
Adam Scott

because I am a fellow Titleist guy... and just his whole attitude. I respect the man.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I always had a spot for Phil Mickelson until i read the 10 most hated Sports Professionals and no one had a good heard to say about him and it really put me off!! But, Seve Ballersteros is a great character as well as Sergio Garcia, they both play with passion and excitement and often wear there heart on their sleeves!! Also as Jarno said Retief just quietly, professionaly and brilliantly just gets on with what he does and does it well.

Where did you read that article at?

In The Bag

Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

great golfers.. maybe... but Sergio a role model ?

My son and I met him, along with asbout 10 other kids that wanted to meet him and he stopped what he was doing and who he was doing it with, and spent 15min's just B.S. with the kids.

So what if he spit in a cup. The Europeans (Spanish / Latino's) are known for spitting to show discuss and anger.
In The Bag

There are so many, I don't have a definate favourite.

What about Philfest. He's pretty damn cute too:

In The Bag

• Administrator
Where did you read that article at?

Please do a search, like...

this one

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the quiet, silent types.

Tell me what he went through with his dad. I like Sean.

In The Bag

Tiger (love that man's aggressivness) Brett Weiterich (sp?). Geoff Oglive Raymond Floyd Charles Howell III

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

Note: This thread is 6031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!