IGNORED

Where Are Those 300 Yard Videos?

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I average 290-310 a drive. I don't hit 360 like Bubba watson, but I HAVE hit 350 yard drives before (and not the downhill/downwind type). I've also been playing sports all my life, working out with weights, I'm short (5'8") and I don't have all the muscle I used to...but I have been playing golf for 7 years. I'm 21 years old and my driver has always been my best club. When you consider all of that, why SHOULDN'T I be able to drive it 300+ yards on average?

Dude, I'm 43 and have hit a few 300+ drives this year, but unless I'm playing a muni with no hazards, doglegs, or penal rough, why would I try to hit 300+ every time? Arrogance? Stupidity?

Either way, post a video or shutty.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I average 290-310 a drive. I don't hit 360 like Bubba watson, but I HAVE hit 350 yard drives before (and not the downhill/downwind type). I've also been playing sports all my life, working out with weights, I'm short (5'8") and I don't have all the muscle I used to...but I have been playing golf for 7 years. I'm 21 years old and my driver has always been my best club. When you consider all of that, why SHOULDN'T I be able to drive it 300+ yards on average?

This is exactly the type of post that I was referring to when I wondered where the videos were. Arrogant and defensive. So, Sarge, post the video with some kind of proof that you are actually AVERAGING 290-310. We'll be waiting.

This is exactly the type of post that I was referring to when I wondered where the videos were. Arrogant and defensive. So, Sarge, post the video with some kind of proof that you are actually AVERAGING 290-310. We'll be waiting.

agreed. we don't need a video of your walking the course. we just need a swing.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Tell you what. You hold your breath waiting for a video including a long take where someone pounds out 10 or more drives averaging over 300 yards, and I'll hold my breath waiting for video of someone who can hit that many 100 yard wedge shots that finish an average 10-12 feet from the pin.

Isn't that the truth.

If I average 400 yards can I still post a video? Or is it just for the smaller hitters?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If I average 400 yards can I still post a video? Or is it just for the smaller hitters?

hahahaha. nice

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

imagination yardage is not actually the same as reality yardage. every golfer knows that. well deep down anyway

G15 9* stiff
MP-60 s400
CG15 52* 56* 60*
COLT Eyeline Lefthanded
Z-star or Pro V1

I asked why it was so hard to believe. And why does it even matter? Who cares if you drive the ball 100 yard or 2 miles? SCORECARD, FOLKS. Thats the only thing that matters.

And if I get a chance I will post a video of my swing.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

I don't know about any other areas but around here it is dry as a bone. Hitting it 300 and flying it 300 are two totally different things. There are plenty that hit it 3+ when it is hard and fast, but I'd have a hard time believing that someone flys it 3+ consistantly. I know for a fact I can't fly the ball more than a few yards over 250 if I'm hitting it well. I have been having nothing into holes recently if I hit a good one. I've been inside 150 on big par fours and inside 100 on medium ones. By big 430+ and medium I mean no less than 380. Sure you can lye to yourself that you are this big hitter and hitting these 300 yard drives all day, but the fact is you're hitting it 260 and getting 40 yards of roll. You are a long player if you can consistantly fly the ball 260+ but your not in the same class as long players on tour in terms of distance.

Brian

I asked why it was so hard to believe. And why does it even matter? Who cares if you drive the ball 100 yard or 2 miles? SCORECARD, FOLKS. Thats the only thing that matters.

i agree with that statement 100%. ppl are treating a 300 yard drive like its something just crazy if someone on here can pull it off.. i play with golfers all the time that hit it anywhere from 285-335. it is quite common.. i hit most of my drives 290+. if its dry enough it gets out there 300+. At the same time I enjoy playing with scratch golfers that hit the ball 250 off the tee because their game is so neat and clean. When a golfer hits the ball hard it is a double edged sword. distance is a great advantage but with no control it is like a fire hose with no one holding it. When i catch a driver with just a slightly open face im LEFT of WAY LEFT. When my fellow neat and clean playing partners catch it open.. they are off the fairway by about a foot. its all about control. I would give up 15+ yards if it meant i would never have to hit another provisional off the tee.

like i said before once i get into that swing lab i am going to post my swing on here because i have never really seen my own swing on video and i am curious to see what others think. just give me 2 weeks lol.

Putter first 

i agree with that statement 100%. ppl are treating a 300 yard drive like its something just crazy if someone on here can pull it off.. i play with golfers all the time that hit it anywhere from 285-335. it is quite common.. i hit most of my drives 290+. if its dry enough it gets out there 300+. At the same time I enjoy playing with scratch golfers that hit the ball 250 off the tee because their game is so neat and clean. When a golfer hits the ball hard it is a double edged sword. distance is a great advantage but with no control it is like a fire hose with no one holding it. When i catch a driver with just a slightly open face im LEFT of WAY LEFT. When my fellow neat and clean playing partners catch it open.. they are off the fairway by about a foot. its all about control. I would give up 15+ yards if it meant i would never have to hit another provisional off the tee.

You're a 1.5 handicap. I don't see anyone doubting you when you say you hit it 290. And nearly everyone has agreed that 300 happens now and again-I usually have 1 per round, and I average about 265. But the claims of 12, 15, 20, and 25 'cappers that they routinely carry, hit, or average 300 are ridiculous. That's what everyone thinks is crazy.

You're a 1.5 handicap. I don't see anyone doubting you when you say you hit it 290. And nearly everyone has agreed that 300 happens now and again-I usually have 1 per round, and I average about 265. But the claims of 12, 15, 20, and 25 'cappers that they routinely carry, hit, or average 300 are ridiculous. That's what everyone thinks is crazy.

nobody has doubted me, that wasnt really what i was saying in that post. what you are saying though is true i definitely can understand that. I wasnt really looking at handicaps on the posts.. But in my own experience i have played with 12+ handicappers that hit the snot out of the ball but never have a square face and just spray it anywhere and everywhere. Its like brute force or something. But yes i wouldnt be suprised if people on here tend to just spout out at the mouth about distance.. Distance really matters very little if at all.

Putter first 

Too much chit chat and not enough swing vids!

Your avatar has too much Michelle Wi and not enough Michelle Waterson.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Okay folks, it's been 24 hours since I started this thread. So far, Jaybird (hdcp 4.0) and golfro (hdcp 6.0) are the only ones to post their swing. Given their handicaps, a 300 yard drive is very plausible. And, to my knowledge, they have never bragged about it.

I'm still waiting for all of those 15+ handicaps who spouted off on the Driver Distance threads to step up. C'mon, you said you average over 300, let's see the proof.

well..its official...im a pu$$
lots of 300+ yard drives in here......
ill take my 260 yd tail between my legs and just watch

cant wait to see the vids.......
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Due to the lack of videos here, I'll post my distance driver swing (I'll tee the ball a bit more forward than usual to get more carry). I'm 6'5'' 235lbs before lunch and average 270 yards with the driver. Could probably do better distance wise with a fitted driver--bought mine second hand (it's 9 degrees and had been cut down an inch by previous owner) On most of the courses I play, I'm happy with an accurate 255 to 275 yard drive.

Driver swing is after the seven iron swings.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!