IGNORED

My Swing (Green)

Green
Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all, I'm looking for some help on my swing. I'm trying to follow the S&T; method (even if it doesn't look like it haha), but I'm also open to general advice. Currently my irons are decent, though they feel a bit weak, but with a high flight path. However, I have started slicing and hitting pop-ups my driver a ton, no matter how much I put into it.

I have provided two videos (different perspectives and different shots). I hope they give a good enough view.

Thanks for any help

• Administrator

Weight's pretty good and you slide forward pretty well. But look here and see if you can guess what you should work on most:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weight's pretty good and you slide forward pretty well. But look here and see if you can guess what you should work on most:

It looks like I need to keep my swing more inside/my right arm close to my rib cage at the top of my swing, right? Thanks for pointing that out.

...and more obviously, the large amount of overswing. The club is going way past parallel on your backswing. In your very first swing I can see the club head in front of your chin. And spring for a new glove, lol.

...and more obviously, the large amount of overswing. The club is going way past parallel on your backswing. In your very first swing I can see the club head in front of your chin.

Haha, good point. It's always amazing how much the feel of the swing is different from what it looks like.

In any case, I hope it will be a lot more difficult to overswing if I keep my swing in.

Haha, good point. It's always amazing how much the feel of the swing is different from what it looks like.

I wish you good luck; I'm struggling hard with the same issue. It may or may not be more difficult to overswing keeping your swing in; I actually swing too far inside (trying to fix that) AND I overswing badly. You see how on that first swing your club head peeks out in front of your chin? On my swing the club head peeks out in front of my chest.

-Andrew

Just seems like a wild swing. Definitely slow down the backswing too.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Just seems like a wild swing. Definitely slow down the backswing too.

I don't see a problem with his backswing speed or tempo. Working on a better hand path and less arm lifting would be a good start.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

oh this is easy.

Look at the second video. Your first move is a bowed left wrist. You don't even move the club before you make the move to bow it.

so the first 2 things:

A) Get a flat wrist. Practice bending your left wrist at the correct angle. I think you will notice your popups and slices disappear. You might still have a slight fade due to your swing path but I can guarantee your wrist is the bigger problem here.

B) Move those arms first!!@!

Come back in 2 weeks :)

Why would a bowed left wrist cause him to slice?

Green, take Iacas's hint and try and get your hand path sorted out. Hands go in first, then up on the way back. On the follow through, try and feel like they are going a lot more left. Think about swinging around your body, rather than straight back and straight through.

Much more here.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!