IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"You ever miss the fork with your wedge while looking at the green? - Crazy Brian"

Easily the best caption!!

I agree that this weeks episode was the best one of the season. I love the challenges (breaking the glass, flop wall, draw/fade wall, etc) just as much as the next guy, but sometimes all you want to see is some good old fashioned one-on-one golf! Big turn around for the guys, they're right back in this thing.

Side note: Did anybody elses jaw drop when Brian said that he doesn't think he has an anger management problem? You almost hope that was some fancy editing trick to make hiim sound serious when he was really being sarcastic, like one of the previous posters mentioned because if not, that guy is seriously delusional! A shame too...I was born and raised just outside of Pittsburgh, not far from Greensburg where Brian is from. He's giving Pittsburghers a bad name!

Can't wait for next weeks episode! My DVR cut off before I could see the whole preview but it looked like some drama could be on the horizon!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

Side note: Did anybody elses jaw drop when Brian said that he doesn't think he has an anger management problem? You almost hope that was some fancy editing trick to make hiim sound serious when he was really being sarcastic, like one of the previous posters mentioned because if not, that guy is seriously delusional!

I don't think he has any anger management issues. He has something wrong mentally, perhaps schizophrenia, but I don't think it is anger management-related. *

* Note: I'm not a trained mental health expert, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Brian just has self esteem issues. It doesnt seem like it because he covers it up by all that greatness talk. Really he just has self esteem issues, notice how hard he is on himself on everything. If he had a better self esteem and a heathly confidence in his game then he would be alot better.

Actually I think that Brian is seriously delusional. He needs to check into a mental health facility and get some treatment before his head explodes from all the different people he has in there and hurts someone with shrapnel from brain and skull fragments. He also still lives at home with mom and dad. There has to be something wrong there. Does he even have a girlfriend? 20 or 30 years of intense therapy and that boy will be good as new.
Excuse me but I have to leave now and watch Brian at the driving range and oogle and awe.

Did this sound harsh at all?

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Actually I think that Brian is seriously delusional. He needs to check into a mental health facility and get some treatment before his head explodes from all the different people he has in there and hurts someone with shrapnel from brain and skull fragments. He also still lives at home with mom and dad. There has to be something wrong there. Does he even have a girlfriend? 20 or 30 years of intense therapy and that boy will be good as new.

he still lives at home? I thought he was an assistant pro at a golf course, how can he not afford a place? Im not sure if I buy that

he still lives at home? I thought he was an assistant pro at a golf course, how can he not afford a place? Im not sure if I buy that

Are you serious. Do you have a clue how much an average assistant pro makes?

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

yea, enough to live in an apartment thats for sure. check the link

Well this has to be 100% accurate and unless you are an assistant in Miami, it's not going to be a very nice appartment.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator

The average in PA is around $25k. Remember they don't work year-round, either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The average in PA is around $25k. Remember they don't work year-round, either.

Evidently that is enough to live on. I guess with no debt, family or any other obligations, like transportation, it could be done. I didn't want it and that is why I found something else to do.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Evidently that is enough to live on. I guess with no debt, family or any other obligations, like transportation, it could be done. I didn't want it and that is why I found something else to do.

yea its not much esp for a family.

I received a Facebook Message from the official Big Break Page/Account asking me to "check out the newly released BB DR players wallpapers... do it today!" or something like that. If I told them what I did with them (there are no new ones... seen em and made fun of em) will they still love me?

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

It was a couple of episodes ago that Brian said to (I think) A rod...... Yea, You can see that you have kids and I still live with my parents.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Mottler, do you still live at home?

25-40k barely enough to live when you factor in the typical constraints of a young adult (car payment, rent, insurance, student loans, etc)... not to mention any type of savings and long-term planning.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Mottler, do you still live at home?

depends on where you live, really. chicago, no but a job in chicago that pays 40,000 a year will pay like 60,000 a year there. A person can easily live off of 40,000 in an apartment, I have tons of friends that do it comfortably with less money than that. Its not ideal for a family to live off of one person making 40,000, thats simply not enough.

sure you cant go out and buy the 40,000 dollar car youve been looking at or buy that 175,000 dollar home youve always wanted.

also where Im from most college graduates will start out at 30,000 a year. Teachers starting out make 30-35,000 a year, I have a few friends who are and they certainly arent living at home once they got the job. Im lucky and my degree is on the higher starting pay rate out of college at about 50-55,000 a year, it use to be 60,000 a year but since the economy is bad all pay rates have changed a little. Now in chicago that same job starting at 60,000 a year is going to pay you 80,000. So its really hard to pin down a certain amount of money as being not enough universally.

also where Im from most college graduates will start out at 30,000 a year. Teachers starting out make 30-35,000 a year, I have a few friends who are and they certainly arent living at home once they got the job. Im lucky and my degree is on the higher starting pay rate out of college at about 50-55,000 a year, it use to be 60,000 a year but since the economy is bad all pay rates have changed a little. Now in chicago that same job starting at 60,000 a year is going to pay you 80,000. So its really hard to pin down a certain amount of money as being not enough universally.

And that's assuming that the job is available in this economy.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!