IGNORED

Anyone else here hunt?

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 3029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had a great time this last weekend hunting with my son.  I did not expect to see much hunting with a 5 year old but he loved being there, got a little bored as expected in the stand, and I loved spending time with him.  He just got his first bow, a Mathews Mini-Genesis, here his is taking some of his first shots with it.  I put a whisker biscuit on it, for safety reasons.  ;)

Very cute. It's great to see the little guy is excited about hunting at a young age.

I am counting down the days til deer camp here in MN. Can't wait to head up north again in a couple weeks.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Very cute. It's great to see the little guy is excited about hunting at a young age.

I am counting down the days til deer camp here in MN. Can't wait to head up north again in a couple weeks.

Where up north do your head for that?  I used to hunt up by Pillager(I grew up in MN).

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where up north do your head for that?  I used to hunt up by Pillager(I grew up in MN).

My family has land up near Karlstad, MN (wayyy up there haha). It's a decent haul from the Twin Cities, but the hunting is pretty great up in that neck of the woods.

In the Bag:

My family has land up near Karlstad, MN (wayyy up there haha). It's a decent haul from the Twin Cities, but the hunting is pretty great up in that neck of the woods.

Very nice, sounds like fun and good luck!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Love to deer hunt, but been priced out of hunting for a while!  Here in Texas you almost gotta be lucky enough to own the land or have deep pockets to lease anything decent.  When it's $1500-$2000 a gun for 1 buck county, just hard to justify that on top of stands, feeders, etc.  Now I just play Deer Hunter 2013 on my IPhone!

I use to hunt back in the day.   Traded a Remington 700 30-06 and a shotgun for scuba equipment.   Haven't missed it.   With over 750k hunters in Michigan, it is very popular.   At General Motors, they move the Veteran's Day Holiday to coincide with the opening day of deer season (rifle), November 15.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Love to deer hunt, but been priced out of hunting for a while!  Here in Texas you almost gotta be lucky enough to own the land or have deep pockets to lease anything decent.  When it's $1500-$2000 a gun for 1 buck county, just hard to justify that on top of stands, feeders, etc.  Now I just play Deer Hunter 2013 on my IPhone!

Use a bow. It's cheaper, longer season. Tags are less restrictive.

We don't do much out here because most of the deer feed off of peoples flower beds along the foothills (they know where to get food). Only a few "crazy" people take them down, and explain to their neighbors that they need to pull them out through their lawn. :-\

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 weeks later...
Sending this from the tree. Hoping for a good evening. The rut is on in northern WI.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Sending this from the tree. Hoping for a good evening. The rut is on in northern WI.

Looks very nice there. Enjoy!

Nate

Just got back from our trip yesterday. Nailed this beast at 245 yards on Saturday! 19 pointer! (Big traditional 12, with 7 sticker points between 2-3 inches). The 20th point was just under an inch. Biggest buck ever shot in our deer camp.

In the Bag:

• Administrator

Just got back from our trip yesterday. Nailed this beast at 245 yards on Saturday! 19 pointer! (Big traditional 12, with 7 sticker points between 2-3 inches). The 20th point was just under an inch. Biggest buck ever shot in our deer camp.

Nice! What caliber and load?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/86375/] [/URL] Just got back from our trip yesterday. Nailed this beast at 245 yards on Saturday! 19 pointer! (Big traditional 12, with 7 sticker points between 2-3 inches). The 20th point was just under an inch. Biggest buck ever shot in our deer camp.

Very nice!

Nate

WOW!!!!!  Very nice buck.  Once (or never) in a lifetime experience for many.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Thanks! Yes indeed, as my jealous uncles made very clear haha ;-) Definitely getting this baby mounted.

In the Bag:

Thought I would post some more pics.  Above is a typical lunch for me in the woods.  Small fire and a can of soup in my "patented" can holder.  Below is a limit of geese.  Daily bag limit in WI is 2 a day per person.

-Matt-

I hunted quite a bit years ago. Grew up on a farm with a shotgun in my hand. Plenty of BBQ goose duck squirrel and rabbit around the house at any time. The city is encroaching here now. We feed everyone and only shoot them with a camera. Of course coyotes are in season year round. So are feral cats. Cant legally shoot a cat here believe it or not but I can tell you what color their s**t is when my. 45 or AK hits about six inches away from them as they sneak up on our brush or "bunny" pile as we call it. Shooting is now for target or card. I keep a locker full of weapons in case of zombie attack. Picked up a 1940s Iver Johnson 12 ga yesterday. Full choke top snap single shot. Made 40 dollars with her last night. Rolling her barrel to. .675 this week from a .693. This is how I add meat to the freezers now. If I ever go back to getting any deer I will use my 1928 hex Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r. She is accurate to 600 meters with battle sighting. All I will add for now. Could talk weaponry for hours. Everyone should take their kid snipe hunting at least once. lmao Good luck this season and be safe.

245 yards is a very decent shot. Nice job.

I don't see deer like that in Northern Michigan, not on public land anyway.

Jon

Note: This thread is 3029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!