IGNORED

New 910 Drivers

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had a chance to try a 910 D2 10.5º with a Fubuki 63 in S (same shaft as in my R9 Supertri) at my driving range.
Ball flight pretty much same (as others have mentioned, how different can this be anyway??) but the sound was "WOW"! Hands down the best sounding driver I've hit yet. The rep said it's one of the biggest point with this new driver, because by having a special dual sleeve hosel/adjustment system, this changes the head's acoustic properties (compared to the 909D). It is still a nice, low pitched, signature Titleist "thump", but with just a hint of higher pitch à la Taylormade mixed in. The overall sound is powerful and "elegant" (for lack of a better adjective)

Any reason to change from your supertri?

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Why do you make such a statement? According to Titleist, they've made a number of significant changes (shown below). The 910 may look similar to the 909, but it seems there are a number of significant evolutionary changes:

It is always the same marketing crap, the new model is alwauys improved here, there, etc ..... but was does it really bring, I have the 907D2 and 909D2 (and just bought another new 909D2 as a "spare" because it was priced at $200). There is not a huge difference between the 907D2 and the 909D2, but the 909D2 has a bit more distance ...... but I always feel the 907D2 is a bit more workable than the 909D2.

Like Golfro I am not impressed by the marketing talk on how much they have improved the 909 ....... At least not to the level ...... that I have to start saving $$$ for the next driver to be improved in at least the next 6 details next year orso......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Any reason to change from your supertri?

No reason, I am not replacing my Supertri. But it was a chance to try clubs that are not for sale yet, and I got a free sleeve of ProV1s for answering their questionnaire afterwards, so why not?

Ball flight was the same (there were no launch monitor it was more of a "feel" type of demo), I got to try different positions on the sleeves and saw *some* changes, and sound was great. Now, If you asked me which one I'd choose if I were on the market for a new driver, I'd go with the Titleist because the sound is so nice, and recently I feel my Supertri is a bit loud. But on a pure "performance" point of view, *I* didn't see a difference that would justify the change.

Alllllll very nice equipment in your signature ...... stop buying the next new tools and start golfing !!!!

At handicap 36.4 who cares ..... and maybe the ball is working against you, instead of helping you ......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Alllllll very nice equipment in your signature ...... stop buying the next new tools and start golfing !!!!

Have to agree, at a 36 handicap it is highly, highly unlikely that the Z-Star is the best ball for your game. Your shots just aren't consistent enough, and the added spin is going to move your shots even more left and right.

I haven't got a real handicap since I don't play on JGA rated courses because it's so damn expensive around Tokyo. I put 36.4 because I thought this was more honest than inserting what I think my hcp is. I have a fairly stable ball flight shape (baby draw except with the driver where I pull 100% of the time, which is why I don't use the driver…), and I can use the spin of the z-star around the green and they are more durable (and less expensive) than ProV1s.
But yeah, agreed that I shouldn't buy any extra gear (I am all set for a while)

(for the record, the Supertri is my first driver ever, so I don't have any plan to change/replace it…)

Just ordered my 910 D2 9.5 with Aldila RIP Stiff. Interesting that the RIP and Project X shaft they will offer are real shafts not a "for Titleist " version. I am a equipment junkie and would want this driver if it underperformed against the 909 so don't really care what the Titleist haters on here say, they are welcome to out drive me with their TM's.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

Just pre-ordered a 910 D3 9.5* w/ RIP shaft (S, 70grams). Anyone else excited about this release? Has anyone demoed this already or have some insight?

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

They're all over in the stores here. Roger dunn had about a dozen a week ago and plenty out of th eplastic to demo and plenty in the plastic still.. What are the differences between d2 and d3 again? I wanted to try one but wasnt sure which one was easier to hit so I just horsed around with some hybrids instead.. EDIT*** Oooops Sorry. Heres the difference right here
http://thesandtrap.com/bag_drop/titl..._from_titleist
D2 is bigger (460cc) D3 is smaller . I might go try the D2 tonight. BUT I wont buy until I see them under $200 either.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played it this week....Like the club. It has a nice feel, Like the setup and sound. It is very similar to its earlier cousins. However, at least a Master in engineering is needed to make adjustments, with their little chart. It was a bit cumbersome, but I guess once you find your ideal settinf you would leave it anyway.

I'll take my i15 all day long!

I've got one on the way, I'll report back how it goes. Hopefully should be here next week.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!