IGNORED

I need some ideas for new irons

bwell
Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What about Taylormade 09 burners? I found a set for 384 with stiff flex, add about another 100 for regular flex.

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

Nike Machspeeds maybe? I paid 500 new for my set, slightly used ones can be found on ebay for high 300s low 400s. They are extremely forgiving and ballflight is long with a pretty soft landing. I have stuck a lot more greens since switching from Cleveland TA5s.

Callaway FT-IQ 9.5
Nike VR 15* 1H
Nike Machspeed 18* 2H & 21* 3H
Nike Sumo 24* 4H
Nike Machspeed 4-SWOdyssey Dual Force II

The Taylormade Burners aren't bad nor are the Nike Split Cavity or Full Cavity irons; keep in mind that the SPLIT Cavity are forged and they feel amazing. If you are looking for irons to really grow into, either one of them aren't bad just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. One place I may suggest is to look on GPPGolf.com, they are located in Texas but they ship all over and you can get some really good deals there.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Sounds good, I am definitely looking to grow into the clubs and wont be buying a set for several years after these. Right now I am eying the Nike VR split cavity and the TM burners.

I need something with a little forgiveness because it dont always hit the ball clean... Are the callaways x forged blades? I have read that they are hard to hit..

The Callaway X Forged irons are considered Game Improvement in the Maltby six-category rating system.

(Categories from hardest to hit, to easiest are: Player's classic, classic, conventional, game improvement, super game improvement, and ultra game improvement.) In Callaway used, you would be best with X20 or X22 irons, in the UGI category; you can get preowned X20s for around $300. As far as fitting goes, that depends. You admit you don't always hit ball cleanly, so a static fitting would be best. A static fitting checks the lie and club length against you stance, height, arm length, etc. This is to make sure you don't get clubs which hurt your game. Dynamic fittings combine the static with computer analysis. But, dynamic doesn't do much good unless a golfer has a fairly stable swing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just found a set of Ping G10's for sale brand new for 399, would that make a nice set for me?

I just found a set of Ping G10's for sale brand new for 399, would that make a nice set for me?

I've been playing for 25 years and they'd make a nice set for

me , so I guess my answer is yes.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Last year I switched from a Cobra iron set 3-PW to a Mizuno MX-100 4-GW, with the 4 and 5 in the Mizuno being hybrids. This change shaved at least a few points off my handicap. I would at least try hitting a few sets that include hybrids for the longer irons, they are game-changers!

MX-100 sets on ebay for under $350

Callaway Diablo 13* Driver
Mizuno MX-700 20* hybrid
Mizuno MX-100 4-GW
Cleveland CG14 56* and 42* Niblick
Ping C67 Putter

Well these are the standard length and lie(black dot) as my Ping Eyes, so I should be okay in that department. I am thinking about sending them off to Ping for a fitting anyway after I get them.

Just found out that the golf shop right down the street does club fittings for 50 bucks for all irons, they came up on Pings website. Looks like I will get picking up the G10's tomorrow, thanks for everyones help!

Why don't you pick up a new left over "last years model", like a Mizuno MP52 ?

the price on that site is in GBP which if you do the currency conversion is about $650 US which was well above his price range. Are the MP52's game improvement irons ? Those look like they would be tough to hit for a 20+ handicapper.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I was looking at the Ping G10's but those are just out of the price range. Maybe I can find a nice used set on Ebay but I hate doing that because I dont want to buy a clone set...

The great thing about pings, is that they have serial numbers and are very easy to find out if they are legitimate ping clubs or not.

Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!