IGNORED

Playing to the level of your playing partner.

Mrd19abhs
Note: This thread is 4916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder who your friend is? He must be a pretty good golfer lolol. You do always have your better rounds when we play. Sometimes I cant believe the scores you post when your not playing with me, because I've never seen you shoot over 105. I also play better when I play with the 2 and 3 HI guys in my club.

Move back to Brandon so we can get some more rounds in.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I Think you get into a better rythum when you play with people who are on your skill level or better. Mainly cause your not watching the other guys spray the ball everywhere and waste a bunch of time looking for lost golf balls.

This is fundementaly one of the most annoying parts of playing with terrible players and the effect it has on individual rythm and flow does become a factor! Waiting for thier hit, wondering if your gunna get tanked by a mishit...

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

I used to be that way, but not anymore. Now, regardless of the skill level, if I play with my brother, parents, or in-laws, I play crappy. I don't know what it is, but I suspect I am not focusing on the game and just enjoying the company more. But if I play with friends or strangers, it doesn't matter what their skill level is, I always play better.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'm not quite that good but in my opinion, strict preshot routine can eliminate a lot of those variables.

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

I guess there needs to be some definition of a worse golfer. Yes, playing with a complete hack who has no grasp of etiquette would not bode well to anyone who is a half decent player. But say I’m a 11.7 and I’m playing with some 18’s, 19’s and even low-mid 20’s who have a good grasp of the game and are enjoyable to be with, doesn’t effect my game at all.
So a complete hack being a given negative, a better golfer who also bombs his drives past me (I'm around 260) wears on me after a while and I find myself over-swinging and pressing to not look bad. Usually with much worse results than if I was taking it easy with a couple “C flight” guys.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I wish. Im a 24 my partners a 2.4. He's do good I can't impress or surprise him so I just play my stinkin ass game and have fun

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Note: This thread is 4916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!