IGNORED

Longest Par 3

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Longest par 3 you have played.

• 200 and under
    • 200-210
    • 210-220
    • 220-230
    • 230-240
    • 240-250

It is mostly the newer, resort and high end courses that I have seen this on. Thats why I placed emphasis on average golfers and which sets of tees are being played. The differences between back tees and forward tees on many courses are very minimal on some of these newer courses. It may be because of maintanence, safety, golfers ego or just design laziness, I really don't know. It seems like some of the courses adjust for the tee shot only. On a par 5 for women in they hit a driver 165, a 3wood 150, and they still have 125 left maybe a five iron, that can't be much fun.

That's how a lot of our fellow sandtrappers play a par 5. A lot of flag waving short knockers in these parts.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

There are plenty of birdie holes out there, why not have a couple bogey holes to balance them out? A par 3 that requires a really crisp long iron (or a great pitch), just to have a chance at a par, makes that par so much more satisfying.

I see it differently. A "Birdie hole" is a hole where birdie is possible only if you hit a few good shots. I mean, you don't see courses with 400yd par 5s just so they can have a birdie hole. On the other hand, a par 3 should be a "Fair distance from the tee. Obviously based on your HC compared to mine, those distances are going to vary. I just don't see the purpose of having a par 3 where I need to crush a 3 wood just to get there.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine was #17 at Le Maitre in Tremblant , QC, Canada. Really tough hole as there is a large mound covering the right hand side of the green which can completely hide the flag if tucked far enough right. Thankfully the wind isn't predominately in your face.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I see it differently. A "Birdie hole" is a hole where birdie is possible only if you hit a few good shots. I mean, you don't see courses with 400yd par 5s just so they can have a birdie hole. On the other hand, a par 3 should be a "Fair distance from the tee. Obviously based on your HC compared to mine, those distances are going to vary. I just don't see the purpose of having a par 3 where I need to crush a 3 wood just to get there.

You brought up the issue and dealt with it in your post. You don't see the point of a hole that means you need to "crush a 3-wood". For me, that would be a 275 yard plus straightaway hole. Yeah, that would probably end up as a bogey for me.

I'm personally not a huge fan of 250 yard par 3s, even though I can get there no problem. I still treat them as bogey holes. If I get a par, it's a bonus. A birdie would feel like an eagle. That's the point. Golf courses very rarely have 18 difficult holes. If they do, they suck. You gotta pick your spots. I play one course where there are two par 3s over 220 yards, but they're both followed by par 5s that can be reached in two with a mid-iron. If I play those 4 holes 1 over par, I'm okay with that. Play them even par, and it's gonna be a good day.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Number 17 at Riverwood Golf Course plays 228 down a narrow fairway with forest on both sides and a river guarding the green in the back. Too long for my 3 hybrid - to short for my 3 wood - it kicks me in the teeth. The good news - I rarely play there.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

253 on the 15th at Maderas in San Diego (actually Poway). Johnny Miller is the course designer, and he can be as tough in architecture as he is with a microphone. Fortunately the hole plays significantly downhill, but in the afternoon a prevailing wind is often right in your face negating much of the elevation advantage. I par it about once in every 10 rounds, and usually feel lucky to walk away with a bogie.

Not crazy long, but demands some precision. The 16th at Leopard Creek. 190 meters (210 yards odd) with water on three sides and limited bailout left. Crocs in the water, leave the ball retriever at home!

Also, when I die, I want to be reincarnated here please. View of clubhouse with ninth (right) and 18th (left) greens.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hole 5 at Grande Oaks in Fort Lauderdale. 250+ yards, flat, with bunkers. Played it during a Div 1 college tourney into the wind and many players took driver. I put 3-wood short and got my par. Website says they can stretch it to 275 from the champ tees. Interestingly, the course isn't that long (6700), it is just that hole really.

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

Haven't played it, but just thought about the 19th Hole at Legends Golf and Safari Resort in South Africa. 630 yard par 3, 1400 ft elevation drop, and you need to take a helicopter to get up there. Tee shot hangtime is like 30 seconds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf-152314

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!