• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerald

KBS Tour vs PX

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried KBS Tour shafts (regular) and compared these to the Project X (5.0 or 5.5).

KBS Tour seems to be a hot shaft at the moment, higher kickpoint, lower ball flight, but is that also the case in regular flex ?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Is that from experience or from looking at specs ..... I personally thought the KBS Tour regular to be about in between the PX 5.0 and PX 5.5

Yup from experience. I play and practice with a lot of juniors and they have all sorts of shafts. Hit the I15's with the KBS Tour regular and the Callaway X-forged 09 with the PX 5.0. To me the KBS is barely stiffer than the 5.0's. I find the 5.0 5.5 6.0 correlate pretty similar in stiffness by feel to the KBS regular, stiff, and extra stiff. I didn't try them side by side and also they had different heads but nonetheless I have tried both.

ive seen threads on the worst feeling shafts and the most popular ones were Project x steel shafts and adilla nv wood shafts.Ive never hit the Project X's though but dont like what Ive read about them. seriously like everyone would say Project X iron shafts and adilla nv. I have tried the adilla nv and really didnt care for it.

KBS Tours feel softer than their rated flex and Project X feel stiffer than their rated flex.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

KBS also makes a Tour 90 - lighter shaft, a tad more clubhead speed. (95 grams in taper, 101 grams in parallel)

For ProjectX, a local clubsmith recommends softstepping 5.0 shafts if you want an R-flex performance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

KBS Tours feel softer than their rated flex and Project X feel stiffer than their rated flex.

Is that the feel or also the actual flex being softer than rated flex ?