IGNORED

Titleist 660, 735

Note: This thread is 6839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm dying to know more about both sets of irons! Anyone out there have any more info, pictures, etc?

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Taylor Made 510TP 8.5 w/proto Aldila NV 65X
Wood: PT 15 bore thru, X100
Hybrid: 503H, 19 deg, S300Irons: 680, 3-PW, Freq. Matched X100Wedges: Black Nickel Vokey 54.10, 60.08Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Oil CanBall: ProV1x

I'm dying to know more about both sets of irons! Anyone out there have any more info, pictures, etc?

I'm also dying to demo these. As far as I know the 735s are a forged combo stainless steel set. From viewing pictures and talking to Titleist demo reps they have what looks like a bore through shaft but it's not "really". The rep said, "it's not like Callaway's bore through stuff, it's to move more weight around." He also stated they compare closest to the 690CBs. Some reps also say there will be a chrome version coming out also. Another site posted a small review today saying, "They are the single best irons Titleist has ever made." Sounds like a strong statement, but we'll have to see for ourselves.

The best pics that I've found are from a foreign site, www.birdie2.com . I believe there is a search box on the left. Type in titleist 735 and then click the button. Again it's a foreign site so it maybe hard to follow the language. The release date seems to be the trickiest part. One day a Titleist rep will say June, then the next day say somewhere between July to September, then the following next day say June again. I dont think they know. But Titleist is missing the boat on releasing these sooner than later.

I agree about Titleist missing the boat on these.....

I'd like to wait for these, but I'm also considering a couple of other combo sets. I've played Titleist all my life so I'm comfortable with the their lies and lofts.....I really don't want to get used to another companies specs...nor do I want to have someone bend a new set of irons for me.

I'm headed to a Titlesit Demo Day on Saturday to try and learn more.

What's in My Bag?

Hybrid: 503H, 19 deg, S300Irons: 680, 3-PW, Freq. Matched X100Wedges: Black Nickel Vokey 54.10, 60.08Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Oil CanBall: ProV1x

BTW, I did see a chrome set of these on The Golf Channel. Adam Barr was doing a bag check with Tom Kite, he's playing a set

What's in My Bag?

I've seen people who have a combo set made from the 690 cb and mb and it seems pretty cool. I don't like the idea that the 735's are going to be cast and that is just because all of the irons they have out right now are forged. Why not make a new trend and stick with forging.

I've seen people who have a combo set made from the 690 cb and mb and it seems pretty cool. I don't like the idea that the 735's are going to be cast and that is just because all of the irons they have out right now are forged. Why not make a new trend and stick with forging.

Brian: I agree. But to play devil's advocate, forging is much more expensive and time-consuming than casting, and it's harder to forge an intricate design. That said, it doesn't look like those combo irons are too complex. But from what I hear, the new "forged stainless" irons from Titleist don't really have the traditional soft feel of forgings anyway.

Titleist always manages to surprise us with what makes it through the pipeline from prototype to consumer product, though. Fun to watch and see what happens.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Pictures from the Japanese site follow...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

You don't like the idea that they're going to be cast? You're in luck. They're forged. Says so right on the club in every picture we've ever posted (where you can see the little forged logo).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree about Titleist missing the boat on these.....

Putt4doh, you were pobably going to ask the Titleist reps this anyway but I'm curious what they say the release date is. It seems every rep says something different, but June seems to be the most popular. BUT if it is June where's the all the advertising and marketing at?

I cant comment on performance because quite clearly i havn't tried them.But aesthetically to me they are horrible with a capital H.Not keen on the "square" lines and sharp edges and also really dislike what looks to be a real dull satin finish.Is their a world shortage of chrome or something ?

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

A couple of points...

I pretty sure they'll be released in chrome (see above)-at least I hope. I'm not a big fan of the tour satin either. As far as the lines are concerned, I'm anxious to see how they look in person--in particular the toe of PW. Some sets of Titleist clubs have a rather tall and pointed toe. I'm not a big fan.

Are we sure that they're going to be forged? One question I'll certainly ask their rep is: What is Forged Stainless? and Why not stick with the soft carbon forgings?

All that being said, if all this doens't check out then I'm going with the 690mb/cb combos. Real slick set up!

What's in My Bag?

A couple of points...

My guess is that the 735s are the same type of forging as the 704s and 804s. They are both forged stainless steel. A little harder than mild carbon, but they can take a beating better than chromed carbon. I like the satin finish, but the "forged stainless" stamp makes it look really busy design wise. And I'm dying to see how the bore through thing feels.

anyone know anyway to find out when the 735s are coming out? I've tried contacting Titleist and talking to their reps at demos, but I get a whole range of answers.

• 2 months later...
anyone know anyway to find out when the 735s are coming out? I've tried contacting Titleist and talking to their reps at demos, but I get a whole range of answers.

Our Titleist rep was at our club today. I played with a set of 73CM's / rifle 6.0 shafts. I currently play the 690.CB's. The 5 through 3 irons are very very similar to the 690.CB's. The P through 8 are blade like with some forgiveness. The 7 and 6 irons are half way in the middle. After the round I told our pro to order a set as soon as they become available (The rep said within the next month). This is a set that gives you all of the benefits of a perimeter weighted cavity back with the feel of a forged muscle back blade. With out a doubt the best set of irons I have hit.

From what I've read the 735s will be available during the first week of August. The final retail version does not have the anvil stamp and will have two lines wrapping around the top of the hosel with the word forged down the side of the hosel. The stainless version will have a metal weight plug and the chrome version will have a black plug like the 695s and 660s. Also the chrome version will be soft mild carbon... that's what I'm after!

P.S. anyone see the pics of the 460cc Titleist 905R that are floating around?

• Administrator
From what I've read the 735s will be available during the first week of August. The final retail version does not have the anvil stamp and will have two lines wrapping around the top of the hosel with the word forged down the side of the hosel. The stainless version will have a metal weight plug and the chrome version will have a black plug like the 695s and 660s. Also the chrome version will be soft mild carbon... that's what I'm after!

I'm interested in giving them a go at some point as well. They look nice.

P.S. anyone see the pics of the 460cc Titleist 905R that are floating around?

Nope. Have you? This ain't the club Ernie was playing in Scotland, I can tell you that.

looks like there is more stories than anything about the new driver from titleist.. They call it 905X, 905R, 905C, composite head, screws, no screws.. Who knows. BSG forum had some spy pictures, but you can't make out the letter... I guess you'd have to be patient and wait

Note: This thread is 6839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!