IGNORED

Titleist 660, 735

Note: This thread is 6850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
looks like there is more stories than anything about the new driver from titleist.. They call it 905X, 905R, 905C, composite head, screws, no screws.. Who knows. BSG forum had some spy pictures, but you can't make out the letter... I guess you'd have to be patient and wait

Ernie's driver is not a composite top driver. It is not called 905C.

That's that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nope. Have you? This ain't the club Ernie was playing in Scotland, I can tell you that.

At another site I saw a picture of Steve Elkington's bag. In it he has a Ping G2 and a Titleist 905R. They look very close to the same size except the Titliest looks longer from face to heel and. The 905r is not composite, no screws, and sweet looking.

• Administrator
At another site I saw a picture of Steve Elkington's bag. In it he has a Ping G2 and a Titleist 905R. They look very close to the same size except the Titliest looks longer from face to heel and. The 905r is not composite, no screws, and sweet looking.

Yeah, looks about like the one pictured with Ernie above.

Except his has tape over the "R" or whatever letter is there.

i have the 704's which have a satin finish and i've compared them to my instructor's 690.CB's and i can really say that the shiny sweet look of the 690's give u a bit more confidence. the stainless carbon actually has gotten a lot of good and bad reviews so i don't know what to say about them. still feels pretty good to me
Rich Lee's Artillery
---------------
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5° Aldila NV 65-S
3-Wood: Titleist 980F 15° TTDG S300
Hybrid: dunno yet...Irons: 3-PW+GW Titleist 704.CB TTDG R300Wedges: (subject to change)Putter: White Hot XG #11Ball: Titleist ProV1Handicap: 10and i2!ch = RICH

I have recently decided to retire my old set of John Letters T2's. (don't ask...) So far I've tried out the Wilson Staff Pi5's which I liked, and the outgoing Callaway X16's which I didn't like.
The new 735's look to be pretty much what I'm looking for, and I'm not too fussed whether it's satin or chrome finish.
I'm assuming the 735's will give me a lower, more penetrating ball flight with lots of feel.

• Administrator
I have recently decided to retire my old set of John Letters T2's. (don't ask...) So far I've tried out the Wilson Staff Pi5's which I liked, and the outgoing Callaway X16's which I didn't like.

You're assuming well... The Pi5s are nice, from what I've seen, but it's tough to beat a combo set. I'm gonna assume your handicap index isn't really 36, eh Pete?

Thanks for that Eric. There are times when I feel 36 wouldn't be enough, but I play off 13. (I've just figured out how to alter my profile)

I contacted Titleist customer service (irons) yesterday and inquired if there was an official release date set for the 735CM's. Aug 15th is the date. Here is the actual response:

"Below is the answer to your question submitted on 07/31/2005 QUESTION: I have been waiting for the release of the 735CM's. Our club pro is using a set and I love them. Can you tell me a release date for this set of irons. Thanks, Paul ANSWER: Thank you for contacting Titleist Golf! The release date for the new 735CM irons is Aug.15th. Thank you again for your support in Titleist Golf. Dylan Consumer Relations"

I ordered my set yesterday, so I should see it around the week of the 15th (Titleist started taking orders yesterday) .... 735.CM 3-PW, Chrome 1025 mild carbon forged, DG s300.

edit: just got a call this morning confirming my set should arrive around Agust 15th along with retail samples.

• Administrator

I have a story ready to publish as soon as I get the OK. They're, as everyone now knows, ready to be shipped very very very soon.

• Administrator
I have a story ready to publish as soon as I get the OK.

That story might even

be here .

I've been a Mizuno guy for a while and have tested their fine MP series as well. The new Titleist clubs make me drool though. I've been looking for the perfect combo set and think the 735's may be it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
I've been a Mizuno guy for a while and have tested their fine MP series as well. The new Titleist clubs make me drool though. I've been looking for the perfect combo set and think the 735's may be it.

I'm looking forward to hitting them. I wouldn't call a 4I a "scoring club," after all, but minimizing mistakes is a big deal at that long an iron.

Official release is this 15th. Titleist has been taking orders as of the 1st, and will ship out for delivery around the 15th along with a limited quantity of retail store samples. Retail stock should be filled around September 1. If you really want a set order them very soon or you may end up waiting another month and a half.

My mild carbon forged chrome set, 3-PW with DG s300 cost 899... About 12 bucks per chromed stick. The Stainless 410 irons run retail about 96 bucks per iron.

• Administrator
Official release is this 15th. Titleist has been taking orders as of the 1st, and will ship out for delivery around the 15th along with a limited quantity of retail store samples. Retail stock should be filled around September 1. If you really want a set order them very soon or you may end up waiting another month and a half.

Yes, as mentioned

in our article .

Note: This thread is 6850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!