IGNORED

Passed the PGA Pre-Qualifying Test

iacas
Note: This thread is 4750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

I don't think I'm in the extended program. You have two years from the time you first enter to finish level 1. I won't be at the end of year 1 until next summer.

Oh I just say that jokingly. I've been in Level 1 for five years now. I think this may be the year I actually get this done, maybe.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Ben

Oh I just say that jokingly. I've been in Level 1 for five years now. I think this may be the year I actually get this done, maybe.

I've considered creating a forum for people going through the PGM program, but I'm fairly certain there wouldn't really be much interest. If you have a different opinion, maybe we could build something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Belated congrats Erik. Seems like the perfect thing considering all you do for the game!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a great student. High A grades, set the curve all the time, etc. I was a bit worried about this test, but then I realized "I barely have to get a D to pass" (69% was a D in high school). Turns out the side of me that said "don't worry" was right. I passed with 97% accuracy, missing only two questions.

DORK!

hahah congrats

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused, are you a PGM student at a college? I am interested only because I am hoping on doing the PGM program at Arizona State. I'm trying to weigh options of finishing a business degree in Wisconsin and doing PGA work on my own or going to school for it. I've already attended a 2 year community college for a associates, and when I visited ASU I found out the program for even a transfer student was 3.5 years with all the internships and such. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm really stuck in between my options.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 -- Diamana A'hina X
titleist.gif 909 F3 15.0 --  Matrix Ozik X-Con
titleist.gif 910 CB 4-PW -- Project X 6.0
cleveland.gif CG10 52, 56, 60.
cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben

I've considered creating a forum for people going through the PGM program, but I'm fairly certain there wouldn't really be much interest. If you have a different opinion, maybe we could build something.

Please do, or let me know how the program is doing for you, I know your original post is older, I would really love to hear what it entails as I am severely interested in the program and what others have to say. : )

cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by BDMplayer910

I'm confused, are you a PGM student at a college? I am interested only because I am hoping on doing the PGM program at Arizona State. I'm trying to weigh options of finishing a business degree in Wisconsin and doing PGA work on my own or going to school for it. I've already attended a 2 year community college for a associates, and when I visited ASU I found out the program for even a transfer student was 3.5 years with all the internships and such. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm really stuck in between my options.

No, I'm just doing the self-study PGA stuff...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, I'm just doing the self-study PGA stuff...

How are you liking it? I'm trying to decide if I should do it on my own or go off to school especially for the PGM program. How is the second level going or have you already completed it.

• 1 month later...

Hey Erik,

Any chance you can shoot me your email to talk to you about the q test, I am getting ready to take it in a couple weeks and would to pick your brain a little if you dont mind.  Im taking a boat load of notes for it but the way you made it sound it does not seem like I should be killing myself to to bad over it.

• 1 month later...

Help!! I have written the pre- qualifing test to register as an apprentice and failed by 3 questions. The test I took was 70 questions and not 75.Futher, the questions was nothing like the study material`s questions. It really felt like I am writing the wrong test! After the test I went back to review some of the questions and can`t find anything on it anywhere!! I am not making any excuses for failing, but really need some advice to pass this test. I have to retake the test after a week, but don`t see me pass it, even if I study every day with the material I got from pga links website. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

I am a PGM graduate and a current PGA Class A member and I can tell you that the PGM program is great because it gives you the Degree to fall back on. Ultimately, it is up to you. If you want to dedicate a few years or get started right now. Good luck either way. Congrats to Erik. Keep it up.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Note: This thread is 4750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!