IGNORED

New Black Widow Grips

Note: This thread is 3741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I finally got around to installing my Black Widow Tour Silk grips last night after another Golfsmith shipping screw up. I think they look great, we'll see how long they stay white but the price was pretty good so if I have to change them out in the near future its not a big deal. Going to the golf store this afternoon to pick up a new pair of Footjoy Dryjoys and a 52* Wedge. Going to be a good day. Anyways let me know what you guys think.

Grips 1.jpg grips 2.jpg

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

They definitely look cool! You'll have to let us know how they perform.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Originally Posted by Zack

They definitely look cool! You'll have to let us know how they perform.

Planning on hitting the golf dome right after I purchase a wedge and my shoes this afternoon. I'll definetly post a performance update on them.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

They look sweet!! I would have them pretty dirty after about an hour or so.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I play the same exact ones and I cant tell you how much I love them.  Everywhere I go I get compliments on them as well.  Everytime I go to Golf Galaxy the guy who grips them for me tells me someone is gonna steal my clubs because they are so badass haha.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

So I went and hit a large bucket (170 balls) and I have to say I LOVE these grips. They have a great feel, and the look is amazing. The guy in the range stall next to me would stop every 3-4 balls and turn and just stare at them. LOL finally I looked at him and said "looks like you want to ask me something?" he kinda giggled and said that he really liked the grips and hadn't saw any like that before. I'm sure they will eventually get dirty, good thing I bought 26 of them right off the bat. Something just told me I would enjoy them. So my conclusion so far is that they were well worth the investment both looks and functionality. Plus I only paid $3.35 a grip, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick

I play the same exact ones and I cant tell you how much I love them.  Everywhere I go I get compliments on them as well.  Everytime I go to Golf Galaxy the guy who grips them for me tells me someone is gonna steal my clubs because they are so badass haha.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Originally Posted by n8dogg2669

So I went and hit a large bucket (170 balls) and I have to say I LOVE these grips. They have a great feel, and the look is amazing. The guy in the range stall next to me would stop every 3-4 balls and turn and just stare at them. LOL finally I looked at him and said "looks like you want to ask me something?" he kinda giggled and said that he really liked the grips and hadn't saw any like that before. I'm sure they will eventually get dirty, good thing I bought 26 of them right off the bat. Something just told me I would enjoy them. So my conclusion so far is that they were well worth the investment both looks and functionality. Plus I only paid $3.35 a grip, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Haha nice.  I cat attest to that.  Every time I get them regripped the person doing it makes a comment about how much they like them and wish they had them.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Been using them for a few months now, they do get a green tint to them but clean up pretty well with warm water and some simple green. ( 409 works well also but I like the simple green better because it is more Eco friendly )

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

• 6 months later...

bought a TEE CB2 three wood with this grip (black). a little worn but all in all very comfortable. Had not heard of them but so far i like them alot and might consider there "multicompound" version on my woods/hybrids.

Anybody using these having that disliked "melt in you hand" (gooey) feel from these grips? im considering pulling the trigger on a set of these but im only worried about how they wear in the heat.

I have a crap load of Black Widow "Edge" grips that I got from The Golfworks for .99¢ each.  They were supposedly blemished grips, but I can't find anything wrong with them.  Regripped my brothers set with them and he loves them.

• 1 month later...

Love my black widows. Put the Half Cords from Driver to Pithcing Wedge and put the Signature II on the wedges along with rifle spinners.  Added the Signature grip to the Putter.  The Widow Maker half cords are great as they have great traction.  The Signature II are perfect for the wedge game as they provide great feel.  The putter grip is the same way and has improved my putting.  I get alot of other golfers checking out the girps and everyone who tries the short game clubs loves the feel.  The spiders look particularly cool agains the Aldila RIP Skull and Bones.  Just in time for Halloween.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Logan Gabriel

I know it's been awhile with this post but I just bought a set based on the positive reviews here and for .99 a pop I am pretty excited about tryin 'em out!

Can't beat that price. I wore through mine in a season, switched to Golfpride Tour Wrap 2G in White. I loved the Black Widows, but I played right through them, and they got slippery. I was playing 3 times a week and hitting the range 2-3 of the other days a week. Good Luck.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

• 1 year later...

I have the TourSilk grips on my irons and the WidowMaker red/black on my wedges. Both feel great (I don't wear gloves) and look good too. The TourSilk is obviously a more subtle look and the WidowMaker has a bold sporty appearance. TourSilk: WidowMaker:

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to mounting my Bw signature´s on the sticks + a medium putter grip. Had the "signature 2" on my 3w and (old) hybrid during the season and l just loved them, so can´t wait to get out and try the rest now.

The driver and new hybrid will get theirs soon enough aswell, but just couldn´t justify for myself to cut the new grips off of them :)

Nice. Rockbottom had a special on their low end/entry level grips earlier in the year. Like $1 or $2 per, so I tried them. I thought they wouldn't be as good as Golf Pride, but so far, they haven't lost their tackiness. If I see that special again, I'm going to get a whole bunch.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!