IGNORED

BABY or Masters

Hogan Fan
Note: This thread is 6002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Baby or Augusta National??

• Hang up and help your lovely wife into the car.
    • Grab your clubs and wish your wife good luck!

what would you do if your wife was about to have a baby, needed rushed to the hospital when the phone rings and Hootie Johnson calls to invite you to come fill out a foresome at Augusta National?
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

Hell take my wife to augusta and deliver it on the way

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

We're talking about a one time chance here. You can always have more babies!
T-Bone Marshall
in my bag
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

what would you do if your wife was about to have a baby, needed rushed to the hospital when the phone rings and Hootie Johnson calls to invite you to come fill out a foresome at Augusta National?

You're kidding, right? I'll bet 30% of the guys here would fill out the foursome if it was at Spring View Muni, much less Augusta.

"I'll give you a call at the turn and see how you're doing." (This labor thing can easily take longer than a round of 18).
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

All I can say is none of your wive's had better see this thread..

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Ah, the joys of being single...

But I'd totally give up Augusta if I had a wife...and a baby!
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

The birth of a child is a very special event in a person's life. You welcome a new life into the world and rejoice with family members. Having said that I would still choose Augusta. I mean come on its Augusta National!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All I can say is, I would be pretty burned if I was the one delivering a baby and my significant other was out playing golf.

Augusta or not, I couldnt imagine knowing what my wife was going through, and still be out shooting a round with the boys.

Both are once in a lifetime oppertunities, but for me, Family would take precedence every time.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

Come on guys! grow some dimples on those balls. It's freaking Augusta National. I'd be crying like a baby on the first tee thinking off all those great tournaments over the years. I'd be hearing the play by play from 1986 when Ben Wright says "there's life in the ole bear yet!" And Tom Weiskoff saying (when asked what Jack was thinking on the tee at 16) "if I new the way Jack thought I'd have won this tournament myself." Then I'm sure you all remember how the ball rolled right next to the cup took some backspin and almost rolled in again. You know everyone of you had goose bumps 3" tall. How about the double eagle on 15 in 1935 from Gene Sarazen. You know you want to play that shot with your new Hybrid and see if you can recreate the moment. And how about Curtis strange trying to play out of Rae's creek, you know you want to take off your spikes and get down in that clear blue water and see if you can pull off that shot better than ole Curtis. Oh yeah, think you can get a ball to sit on the side of the cup at 16 after playing a 50 foot break and see how long it takes to fall in. Don't you want to see if you can play the wind just right at #12. Ben Hogan said you don't hit that tee shot until the flag is blowing. You were going to wait until it stopped. You want to walk by the Butler cabin and here Jim Nantz say nice shot pal, come on in and let's talk about that great round you played today, the day your wife gave birth to a 8lb 4oz future golfer named little Arnie. Grab the clubs and lace up the spikes, she'll be fine without you.
Amen corner is calling!
T-Bone Marshall
in my bag

hmmm...kid....augusta......kid........augusta.....so i just need to pack some nice pants, something that breathes because georgia can be a little humid, and some shirts......should i pick up a few new wedges, don't want to show up with beat up clubs.....

Yeah, "you" don't want to be uncomfortable in the Georgia heat.
Make sue you do your breathing excercises on the tee box. (Breathe in Breathe out!) Don't want to shank one off the side of the Butler Cabin!

T-Bone Marshall
in my bag

• 3 weeks later...
The baby is the first choice!
I love golf and Augusta, but a human life (especially the one of your future genealogy) is much more important.
I actually know a guy who opted the golf choice when his wife was pregnant and had to go to the hospital... well, after 15 years of marriage, his wife still complains about her husband's decision of golfing while she was pregnant and in labor... to be honest, he is going to bring this complain into his "grave"!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• 10 months later...

Women have been having babies for eons without men present.

As my pop used to say "You have to be there to lay the keel, you don't need to be there for the launching"!

Now, who has the honors?

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

If someone sold me my dad wasnt there when I was born because he was playing golf at Augusta, I think I would have to give him a high five...

...then kick him in the shin.

Then help him up and hug him for making the right choice when stuck between a rock and a hard place.

In the bag:
Driver: R7 Quad
Irons: Eye 2 + (Red Dot)
Wedges: Vokey (52, 56, 60)Putter: Anser G2iBalls: (Pro V1, NXT, DT Solo, Whatever is handy)

Note: This thread is 6002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!