IGNORED

Finally pulled the trigger on a push cart.

Note:Β This thread is 4872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I'm a walking golfer 90% of the time I play, and have been tooling around with the idea of getting a cart, and I finally decided that I play often enough to validate getting my own cart.

I got a Clicgear 3.0 at my local golf store and I absolutely love it. I played my first 18 with it and found the level of fatigue at the end of the round to be a non-issue. I wanted to go right back out and continue playing! Having everything easily accessible is also very nice.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who suggested I get a push cart in my other thread about my worn out bag straps. I let go of my ego and I'm going to be better off for it.

Β£180 UKP seems like a lot of money for a push trolley?

What makes it any more special than a cheap Β£20 trolley ( Masters MT-P130 ) other than a third wheel?

(not trying to be rude; just seriously interested in why) :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Β£180 UKP seems like a lot of money for a push trolley?

What makes it any more special than a cheap Β£20 trolley (Masters MT-P130) other than a third wheel?

(not trying to be rude; just seriously interested in why) :)

I can't speak for the OP, but Clicgears are generally regarded as well-made and of high quality.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

I can't speak for the OP, but Clicgears are generally regarded as well-made and of high quality.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with buying quality and reliability so I guess if money is no object it's what works for you and feels right.

I just think from my perspective it's a strange purchase. I used to carry until I found my arms getting tired by the 15th hole so I looked into carts. I looked at Β£500ish electric carts but figured they're a huge outlay when I only play every couple of weeks so maybe when money allows and I play more regularly they'll be worth looking at. Until then I needed a push/pull trolley but why would I pay almost Β£200 for one when I can get one for Β£20 which seems to do the same thing?

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Yeah there's nothing wrong with buying quality and reliability so I guess if money is no object it's what works for you and feels right.

I just think from my perspective it's a strange purchase. I used to carry until I found my arms getting tired by the 15th hole so I looked into carts. I looked at Β£500ish electric carts but figured they're a huge outlay when I only play every couple of weeks so maybe when money allows and I play more regularly they'll be worth looking at. Until then I needed a push/pull trolley but why would I pay almost Β£200 for one when I can get one for Β£20 which seems to do the same thing?

The one for $20 doesn't do 'the same thing'... it wobbles and you have to drag it around and doesn't roll as well. Β Then it breaks after 1/2 dozen rounds, so you go buy another one. Β I have a Clic-Gear (original model) and have used it for well over 100 rounds, still rolls like the day it came out of the box. Β Their quality is awesome.

In my :nike:Β Β bag on my :clicgear:Β cart ...

Driver: :ping:Β G10 9* Β  Β 3-Wood: :cleveland:Β Launcher
Hybrid: :adams:Β 20* Hybrid Β  Β  Β Irons: :ping:Β i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland:Β 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10 Β  Β Β Putter: :ping:Β Craz-e (original blue)

I got the Clicgear simply because I do my research and don't buy cheap stuff. It is very well made, has a great warranty, and it serves my purposes well. When it comes to my hobbies/passions in life I don't have a problem spending the money on the things that make me happy. I'm also not in any sort of tight financial situation at the moment (no kids or large outstanding bills, etc.) So the purchase didn't phase me financially.

I looked at it as an investment in my golf game, and I played one of my better rounds at a difficult course right out of the gate with it. So far, so good.

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

The one for $20 doesn't do 'the same thing'... it wobbles and you have to drag it around and doesn't roll as well. Β Then it breaks after 1/2 dozen rounds, so you go buy another one. Β I have a Clic-Gear (original model) and have used it for well over 100 rounds, still rolls like the day it came out of the box. Β Their quality is awesome.

I feel like I got lucky with mine then. I bought it as a trial to see if it helped with fatigue out but it doesn't wobble at all, it rolls perfectly fine and I've used it for a year now playing 18 holes every 2-3 weeks and 9 holes every 3-4 days on top and it's still in great working order.

I guess that's the reason I see it as physically doing the same thing but for 9x the price. It does looks great though and definitely has that "want factor" much like Apple products! I can see the appeal definitely.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

I got the Clicgear simply because I do my research and don't buy cheap stuff. It is very well made, has a great warranty, and it serves my purposes well. When it comes to my hobbies/passions in life I don't have a problem spending the money on the things that make me happy. I'm also not in any sort of tight financial situation at the moment (no kids or large outstanding bills, etc.) So the purchase didn't phase me financially.

I looked at it as an investment in my golf game, and I played one of my better rounds at a difficult course right out of the gate with it. So far, so good.

Again 100% honestly here, why didn't you opt for an electric trolley if money is no object?

Nicely done on the round; it's always good when things work out right with a purchase.

SWING DNA

Yeah electrics are pricey definitely which is why I decided to only ever contemplate one once I'm playing at least weekly. Surely weight doesn't matter though if they do all the work?

SWING DNA

True. Didn't think about that but really should have. I live on the 3rd and 4th floor in flats and have to park a few hundred metres around the corner too. Maybe an electric is a bad move at the moment for me anyway.

Once you've used your Clicgear for a few rounds definitely review it on here.

SWING DNA

Just ended up using a 40% off coupon on Modell's (which didn't apply to Clicgear stuff). They cancelled my order after allowing it to go through, and I called back, gave them a mouth full, and paid $120 for it. STEAL!!!!!!

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

I'm a walking golfer 90% of the time I play, and have been tooling around with the idea of getting a cart, and I finally decided that I play often enough to validate getting my own cart.

I got a Clicgear 3.0 at my local golf store and I absolutely love it. I played my first 18 with it and found the level of fatigue at the end of the round to be a non-issue. I wanted to go right back out and continue playing! Having everything easily accessible is also very nice.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who suggested I get a push cart in my other thread about my worn out bag straps. I let go of my ego and I'm going to be better off for it.

Thanks --- I hope you'll give a full review after several rounds.

I'm in the same boat (walk, carry, thinking cart), and I've been looking at Clic-Gear 3.0 and Sun Mountain Micro 4-Wheel.Β  Can you give the reasons you went with Clic-Gear?Β  Did you look at the 4-wheel at all? (That's the one I've been leaning towards.)

Thanks in advance.

Well the two main reasons I went with the Clicgear were portability and stability. It has a nice wide footprint when in use, and tucks into it's own frame very nicely to be moved around and stored. I couldn't get myself to think about the Sun Mountain 4 wheeled cart. They look like a shopping cart and cant possibly be as stable as a much wider 3 wheeled cart. The other cart I was considering was the Sun Mountain speed cart, which is a really nice cart, but I liked the console of the Clicgear more than the speed cart, and the compact size.

I got my Clicgear last spring and it's easily the best golf purchase I've ever made. I was using one of those Bag Boy pull carts prior to and the Clicgear is in a different world. The strap system is much easier, the storage footprint is much smaller, construction is highly durable, the tracking is easily adjustable, the braking system is easy to use and works...for me it was a no-brainer. I think I've put it through roughly 45 rounds now and haven't had a single problem.

I did look at the Sun Mountain also but it's storage footprint is a bit bigger. And if I'm not mistaken it has pneumatic tires - but I could be wrong.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note:Β This thread is 4872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!