IGNORED

Square to the Arc (from Roy)

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by roy2xeagle

i will have to go find my videos.....i will try to get them later this week....its actually very easy not to rotate...unless youve been doing it for years

Pictures will be fine. Address and top of the backswing, face on and down the line.

Originally Posted by canadianpro

no wonder I can't play the piano

Word! :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

take the clubface without a shaft....move it square to the swing plane all the way around your body and reconnect it at address..you will see the clubface facing the ball until it reaches about shoulder height where it will then start to face the sky ..then the back of the club will face the ball until u finally reach the address position again ....just follow the hoop (or swing plane all the way around your body with the clubface only).....its really simple   the clubface never swivels it remains in one position the whole time...if it turns on the shaft at all its not true square to square..........hope to have some images by the end of the week to show u....take care..Roy

Its actually a natural position...if you were tp play a piano  your wrist would have to break in that direction to get your fingers on the keyboard...not side to side like youre washing a window....more of a natural position to me then the conventional wrists cock

Are you suppose to leave your wrist bowed like that through out the entire swing?

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

• Administrator

I'm done until we get the images I've requested.

There's no way you get reasonable distance without loading the second or third accumulators.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

take the clubface without a shaft....move it square to the swing plane all the way around your body and reconnect it at address..you will see the clubface facing the ball until it reaches about shoulder height where it will then start to face the sky ..then the back of the club will face the ball until u finally reach the address position again ....just follow the hoop (or swing plane all the way around your body with the clubface only).....its really simple   the clubface never swivels it remains in one position the whole time...if it turns on the shaft at all its not true square to square..........hope to have some images by the end of the week to show u....take care..

The back of the club faces the ball???  Now I'm really confused.  You must be double or triple jointed in your wrists to make that happen.

YOU KNOW WHAT.. if you dont understand something then tear it down...im not a friggin instructor...but i know my golf swing....and it will beat the crap out of yours..you got some money and some time will meet and decide what works.....then you can tell your friends u got beat by a golf swing thats impossible to execute!!!!....lol...youre a peice of work..now dont bother me unless you want to go play golf some where!!!

• Administrator

YOU KNOW WHAT.. if you dont understand something then tear it down...im not a friggin instructor...but i know my golf swing....and it will beat the crap out of yours..you got some money and some time will meet and decide what works.....then you can tell your friends u got beat by a golf swing thats impossible to execute!!!!....lol...youre a peice of work..now dont bother me unless you want to go play golf some where!!!

Show us the pictures. Simple as that. I'm waiting. Address and top of backswing from down the line and face on. Video would be a bonus.

And c'mon, you don't get to say "don't bother me" in a thread you started.

Originally Posted by roy2xeagle

what are u a golfer or an accumulator?...geeeezzzz......

A golf instructor. Accumulator two is wrist cocking and 3 is wrist rolling (basically). You don't hit the ball very far at all if you don't load or unload those.

Roy take it easy! We are all here because we love golf but keep in mind there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

Am I the only one that finds all of this mechanics talk just messes up their swing?  I have to go by feel and what is natural, and I've done pretty well with that.  If I start thinking about where my takeaway needs to be, different positions in my swing, and loading/unloading....I don't stand a chance....I know I'm doing those things, but if i make a concious effort to work on them things go haywire real fast.  My only thought is the ball and where I want it to go...

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

So you joined yesterday, started this thread, can't explain what the heck you are talking about, then start insulting people who are just curious about your claims.  Nice.

Name the time and place, old timer. I'm in central Florida.   Want to play straight up, or do I have to give you 2 a side?

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Name the time and place, old timer. I'm in central Florida. Want to play straight up, or do I have to give you 2 a side?

There's a challenge. Harmonious, bring a witness (perhaps one with a video camera). Get another Sand Trap member to go along with you.

Roxy, you live in central Florida as well, right? There's your challenge. How much will you play for?

OP wrote in his third post; "have it on film" . What about we stop discussing and you just post the video? It is impossible to reach a conclusion in this kind of discussions without video or photographs. Preferably video, since photograps can be manufactured and doesn't show a whole lot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I just tried it, it's nearly physically impossible to swing a golf without rotating the club face.  If you do, your gonna look like a jack@$$ and there's no way you can get any power.

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

I slowed it down so you can see it better.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

Not true....thats the first way that a golf swing was ever taught...ask any of the old pros....dont know how mant ways i can describe it to you...were not talking about your body rotating here  were talking about your fore arms which are attached tpo the clubface..if you turn your body and dont rotate your forearms the clubface will be 'sqare" to the swing plane all the way up..you will find it pointing toward the sky at the top of the backswing.....the reason nthis works(AND IT DOES WORK) IS BECAUSE THE CLUBFACE NEVER LEAVES THE BALL AND IT STAYS SQARE MUCH LONGER THAN A ROTATING ONE!!!!/....

In danger of repeating myself, where is your video? Could you provide some pictures, video or graphics to demonstrate your theory? Erik explained his view pretty well, with both graphics and pictures in this thread , so far I believe the one who makes the more convincing case. If you don't plan on doing more than repeating yourself, I honestly don't see much point with this thread going on.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!