IGNORED

FAKE R11

willgolf
Note: This thread is 4779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by willgolf

il tell you in a week or so

Thanks. and maybe some pictures for comparison.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Is there an update on the feau R11?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

willgolf, i live in china also, and can tell you from experience that there is no way the clubs you will receive are real. genuine clubs here are extremely exspensive.

Yup, I live in China too and i rather buy my clubs outside China , places like Hong Kong , US or Malaysia which do not have crazy tax and mark up. They might able to find some heads in China but not the shafts . I have seen Vokeys , TM series and you can't tell if they are real or fake .

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by kevin.chan

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymane

willgolf,

i live in china also, and can tell you from experience that there is no way the clubs you will receive are real. genuine clubs here are extremely exspensive.

Yup,

I live in China too and i rather buy my clubs outside China , places like Hong Kong , US or Malaysia which do not have crazy tax and mark up.

They might able to find some heads in China but not the shafts .

I have seen Vokeys , TM series and you can't tell if they are real or fake .

isn't hong kong part of china. anyway, by real and fake, do you mean by looking at it, or playing it as well? cause if it hits the same, which I doubt, then that would be quite amazing for a fake club.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

isn't hong kong part of china. anyway, by real and fake, do you mean by looking at it, or playing it as well? cause if it hits the same, which I doubt, then that would be quite amazing for a fake club.

Hong Kong  is not considered "Main Land" China. Basicly the more "Simple" the design of a club, for example a blade style iron or muscle back design with little to no emblems made of plastic will look better and wont fall apart so to speak. The technology in an R11 would be impossible to duplicate from reversed engineered drawings and inferior metals and shafts. IMO.

Keep it where the mowers go!

Originally Posted by andymane

Hong Kong  is not considered "Main Land" China. Basicly the more "Simple" the design of a club, for example a blade style iron or muscle back design with little to no emblems made of plastic will look better and wont fall apart so to speak. The technology in an R11 would be impossible to duplicate from reversed engineered drawings and inferior metals and shafts. IMO.

so just by looks, it would be identical. but when you hit the club, there would be a big difference. just wondering, cause my uncle bought some irons online a while back. a year ago. and he said they felt a little different from when trying them in store. I have to find out where he bought them. call him tonight, but I remember it wasn't ebay.

so just by looks, it would be identical. but when you hit the club, there would be a big difference. just wondering, cause my uncle bought some irons online a while back. a year ago. and he said they felt a little different from when trying them in store. I have to find out where he bought them. call him tonight, but I remember it wasn't ebay.

My co-worker bought a MP67 from one of the shop in China , claimed to be OEM ( or defects from the Mizuno Factory ) , fitted with NSPRO Shaft , for USD400 . ( half of what you get from US / HK etc )  .

When i brought the club for re-shaft to dynalite in Malaysia , the fitter then tell me it is fake coz the tipping ( hose ) is not mizuno .

You cant tell the difference at all until yoou hit it or dissamble it .

A lot of the TM's DRiver head , they claim to be real ...

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by kevin.chan

My co-worker bought a MP67 from one of the shop in China , claimed to be OEM ( or defects from the Mizuno Factory ) , fitted with NSPRO Shaft , for USD400 . ( half of what you get from US / HK etc )  .

When i brought the club for re-shaft to dynalite in Malaysia , the fitter then tell me it is fake coz the tipping ( hose ) is not mizuno .

You cant tell the difference at all until yoou hit it or dissamble it .

A lot of the TM's DRiver head , they claim to be real ...

damn. I guess don't buy anything from china. but you said your co-worker paid 400 dollars? that's crazy! I'm sure he thought it was real cause he believed the guy who said ti was real. but still, just buy it in a golf store here for that much.

Here is the picture of R11 in one of the shop in china . [IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/euanerin/5bbfa5b5.jpg[/IMG]
What I Play:

well, from the picture, I can't tell if it is fake or not.

Yup

What I Play:

well, from the picture, I can't tell if it is fake or not.

Probably wouldn't be able to tell just looking at it either unless you had a real one right next to it.  Most fakes are pretty close to exact, minus a slight font difference or marking that wouldn't be easily recognized without a side by side.  The major difference doesn't show up until you cut them open.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Probably wouldn't be able to tell just looking at it either unless you had a real one right next to it.  Most fakes are pretty close to exact, minus a slight font difference or marking that wouldn't be easily recognized without a side by side.  The major difference doesn't show up until you cut them open.

probably right about putting a real one next to it. then you might be able to tell.

willgolf, tell us how it hits

I was in golf galaxy Today buying my new super fast 2.0 rescue and they said to make 100% certain I wanted it because they were not doing returns even if it was still brand new never hit. I asked why and they said they have had problems with returns being fakes being exchanged for the real deal. The fake one they showed me, the guy said, oh I grabbed the wrong loft, had a reciept from a real one he had actually purchased but traded in a fake one. Anyhow, they looked identical, you couldn't tell by casually looking at it. What tipped them off was the sound it made hitting it. Upon close examination the main issue was the shaft was crooked. But all cosmetics were nuts on identical. Visually you couldn't tell the real from the fake..... Performance wise it was a clunker. So I looked on craigslist, and sure enuff. There are some brand new in the wrapper r11 for sale for $50 under retail with lame excuses why they are for sale..... Oh I hurt my back and can't play anymore and need the money ...bla bla bla

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Originally Posted by Camo

I was in golf galaxy Today buying my new super fast 2.0 rescue and they said to make 100% certain I wanted it because they were not doing returns even if it was still brand new never hit.

I asked why and they said they have had problems with returns being fakes being exchanged for the real deal.

The fake one they showed me, the guy said, oh I grabbed the wrong loft, had a reciept from a real one he had actually purchased but traded in a fake one.

Anyhow, they looked identical, you couldn't tell by casually looking at it. What tipped them off was the sound it made hitting it. Upon close examination the main issue was the shaft was crooked. But all cosmetics were nuts on identical.

Visually you couldn't tell the real from the fake..... Performance wise it was a clunker.

So I looked on craigslist, and sure enuff. There are some brand new in the wrapper r11 for sale for $50 under retail with lame excuses why they are for sale..... Oh I hurt my back and can't play anymore and need the money ...bla bla bla

wow. CL can be very dangerous when buying stuff. never know if it is fake or not. cause you don't have anything to judge with it.

Originally Posted by Camo

I was in golf galaxy Today buying my new super fast 2.0 rescue and they said to make 100% certain I wanted it because they were not doing returns even if it was still brand new never hit.

I applaud them for telling you that up front.  However, I would have said thanks for letting me know and then I would have promptly walked out and shopped somewhere else.

Note: This thread is 4779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!